Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Video Games DOTW - Dungeon Siege 3, Majin & HUGE Handheld Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#61 Mattx510

Mattx510

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Ridge racer 3ds isn't part of the B2G1, is it still worth it at $19.99? Just bought a 3DS and am loving Zelda, but I need more games, and haven't played a racer in a while.

#62 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

Dead or Alive 27$ Ocarina of Time 30$ :/ I don't know if it's worth it? I was waiting for a b1gf . What do u guys think? its tempting but not sure

#63 JanusZeal2

JanusZeal2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but what's up with a game that released at the same time for 360 and PS3, and then a few months later Amazon is selling one version of the game at a higher price than the other version?

Majin has been that way recently, and Resonance of Fate is like that too:

RoF 360: $27.23
RoF PS3: $35.95

#64 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Got Phantom Brave and Tactics Orgre, I think that I pretty much have all the psp rpgs Ill ever need now lol (has a huge backlog)
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#65 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Dead or Alive 27$ Ocarina of Time 30$ :/ I don't know if it's worth it? I was waiting for a b1gf . What do u guys think? its tempting but not sure

I doubt Zelda will go down in price anytime soon (possibly during Christmas sales). Dead or Alive is better at $20. It will drop sooner or later don't worry. Be patient.

#66 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Got FFIV complete, thanks OP.

CBrownsT10.png

#67 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

RoF 360: $27.23
RoF PS3: $35.95

This was the only reason I picked up rof on clearance at kmart for $20. But I realized I'd never ever get to it so I returned it.

Amazon prices most stuff dynamically based on demand. That's probably the whole story... they can sell at the rate they desire for these prices. :/

#68 sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Do the Tactics Ogre copies from Amazon still come with the Tarot Card pack?

sneakysnake128.png 76561197962245625.png

#69 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

too bad nothing i need or want.... got 5 games coming in the next 3 days anyways

Hands On! Tangrams monday
Puzzle Quest Galactrix monday both for 4 and change

Salon Superstar tuesday for 7

Tactics orge and puzzler world 2 on weds
WOOOO I STINK

#70 rich024

rich024

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

It doesn't work in the cart. You have to make the purchase and try to do a chat to adjust.

what if they dont adjust id rather not take that risk

#71 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Majin Went down to $9 on :360: a couple months back & I missed it. Then it went down to $11 a couple weeks ago, was waitin on the $9 again. Shot back up to $27 & now its the DoTW for $15? I finally played the demo and I liked it, plus only have about $12 amazon credit. Why cant this game just go on sale like Enslaved and stay that way?

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#72 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Majin Went down to $9 on :360: a couple months back & I missed it. Then it went down to $11 a couple weeks ago, was waitin on the $9 again. Shot back up to $27 & now its the DoTW for $15? I finally played the demo and I liked it, plus only have about $12 amazon credit. Why cant this game just go on sale like Enslaved and stay that way?

I got it for around 9/10 bucks after enjoying the demo. Unfortunately I got kinda bored of the game and never finished it.

#73 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Majin was supposed to be a relatively painless Platinum for me but I ended up not being able to finish it. The game is so goddamn boring, not sure I'm recommend it at even the $10 price.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#74 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

Come on Amazon, no DQIX?

#75 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

I really want zelda but i can wait (hopefully this months gold box will have a good deal for it)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#76 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Majin was supposed to be a relatively painless Platinum for me but I ended up not being able to finish it. The game is so goddamn boring, not sure I'm recommend it at even the $10 price.

I had the same problem with it.

#77 multicoloredyoshi

multicoloredyoshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Anyone know if this sale is today only or all week?

#78 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for this. I'll pass on this - I want to play fun games.

#79 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Anyone know if this sale is today only or all week?

Sale will end next sunday at 2 AM CST

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#80 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

Sale will end next sunday at 2 AM CST

next sunday? nice, i got lots of time

#81 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

how soon u think a new 3ds giftcard deal will come? planning on buying my gf a 3ds for her birthday by september

#82 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

updated the OP so its easier to read
hope it helps us all
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#83 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

I couldn't pass up Tactics Ogre for $15 even if it won't ship until September. I usually can't get into SRPGs, but I'm hoping the story and characters will be engaging enough that I can stick with it this time.
Posted Image

#84 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

updated title to better reflect this thread

splintercelll.jpg
fss.png

#85 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

updated title to better reflect this thread

why, what happened?

#86 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

why, what happened?

Moderators delete everyones posts with no explanation.

I better change it back before i get banned for expressing my opinion.

splintercelll.jpg
fss.png

#87 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

I assumed that posts that were related to trying to scam Amazon out of games from a promotion that's long since dead and the only way to try and get games from it is to BS Amazon CS reps multiple times until you get someone that does it blindly without thinking is something we didn't want to be associated with on CAG.

Apparently, I was wrong in that assumption in thinking that we're better than stooping to that level in brow-beating Amazon CS reps until they submit to providing items from a dead promotion into an order that doesn't qualify for it any longer.

If you have to keep making the same requests to Amazon CS to find the one that gets you what you want when it's wrong to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

#88 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

Wow, these are some great prices. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I'd like to get her a Cooking Mama game for her new 3DS (assuming she stops acting like an :booty:). I have so much left to do on the original Dissidia, so I may end up passing on 012 for now...

Posted Image

#89 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

I assumed that posts that were related to trying to scam Amazon out of games from a promotion that's long since dead and the only way to try and get games from it is to BS Amazon CS reps multiple times until you get someone that does it blindly without thinking is something we didn't want to be associated with on CAG.

Apparently, I was wrong in that assumption in thinking that we're better than stooping to that level in brow-beating Amazon CS reps until they submit to providing items from a dead promotion into an order that doesn't qualify for it any longer.

If you have to keep making the same requests to Amazon CS to find the one that gets you what you want when it's wrong to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

Explanation appreciated.

splintercelll.jpg
fss.png

#90 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Explanation appreciated.

Happy to provide it, so there's no hard feelings, nor any thoughts of a personal vendetta against you.