The First Templar (360) $19.96 fulfilled by Amazon

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/First-Templar..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1313353929&sr=1-1

I'm currently playing through this game, and while it's a budget title...it's not that bad. It may be described as a poor man's Assassin's Creed...but if you have someone to play local (or online) co-op with then it's pretty enjoyable. I paid $19.99 on ebay for it new, but I wish this deal came along earlier so I could support the devs. If anyone buys and wants to play online co-op let me know!

[quote name='mxpowar']This was my buy price. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Friend me when you start playing if you're into achievement boosting!

Thanks OP for posting this else I would not have noticed the Steam sale.

Played the first level. Seemed oddly enjoyable for a budget game. Unpolished but the combat had a nice meaty satisfaction to it which I don't really understand but its enough to keep me playing.

[quote name='thegame85']It also gives out pretty regular achievements..for the 'chievo lovers on this forum.[/QUOTE]

I gotta know because I've never asked in all of these years... what exactly is the fun in that? If YOU know they are easy to get then that can't really feel like an accomplishment, and presumably if you're trying to bolster your achievement standing all of the other 'cheevo hunters are gonna know you've been playing the easy games anyways so what's the point?

[quote name='Backlash2332x']I bought it a while back and had some fun co-op with the girlfriend.

The game wasn't bad, either.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. Think ill wait til its ten or so used...

Weird how everyone in here is saying the game is very enjoyable while the reviews unanimously state otherwise.

Oh well, in for one regardless. As long as it holds its value for a week or two, should be able to get what we paid back anyway.

Its not a bad little game by any means. For what it set out to do i feel it accomplishes. Not sure about the console versions but ive got it for PC and its decent, its a fun little adventure and this is a good price for it no doubt. I bought it for 30 a bit back and i thought it was worth it.

[quote name='iamsmart']I gotta know because I've never asked in all of these years... what exactly is the fun in that? If YOU know they are easy to get then that can't really feel like an accomplishment, and presumably if you're trying to bolster your achievement standing all of the other 'cheevo hunters are gonna know you've been playing the easy games anyways so what's the point?[/QUOTE]

I'm not answering for him, but personally I just wanna see how many I can get. It's like collecting stuff - some of it's rare, some of it's very common, and some of it's unique and can never be obtained again. I've got achievements for games that have been taken off the XBLA market, making them unavailable to anyone else who hasn't purchased those games in the past. Same thing for achievements gained in online multiplayer games whose servers have been shut down (Battle for Middle Earth II, Chrome Hounds, etc).

I'm personally not racking up cheevos because I think it's going to impress anyone out there. There's always going to be some guy who will have WAY more than I ever will. But I love going through my gamer history and seeing all the games I've played, to what extent, and even the dates I played them. I've got games all the way back from 2006 on my Gamerscore, and I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing with my life. My list of achievements is like a gamer diary of sorts for me. It's record proof of the amount of games I've played, and how much I've played. I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. I would LOVE to have something like achievements for those games so I could track my gaming history through the years.

So, uh, that's why I myself love cheevos. Dunno about everyone else.

[quote name='hamberger']I'm not answering for him, but personally I just wanna see how many I can get. It's like collecting stuff - some of it's rare, some of it's very common, and some of it's unique and can never be obtained again. I've got achievements for games that have been taken off the XBLA market, making them unavailable to anyone else who hasn't purchased those games in the past. Same thing for achievements gained in online multiplayer games whose servers have been shut down (Battle for Middle Earth II, Chrome Hounds, etc).

I'm personally not racking up cheevos because I think it's going to impress anyone out there. There's always going to be some guy who will have WAY more than I ever will. But I love going through my gamer history and seeing all the games I've played, to what extent, and even the dates I played them. I've got games all the way back from 2006 on my Gamerscore, and I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing with my life. My list of achievements is like a gamer diary of sorts for me. It's record proof of the amount of games I've played, and how much I've played. I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. I would LOVE to have something like achievements for those games so I could track my gaming history through the years.

So, uh, that's why I myself love cheevos. Dunno about everyone else.[/QUOTE]
I like what you say and I can agree with that i feel the same way at times when i play.

bread's done
Back