Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/14/11 to 8/20/11) $9.99 DJ Hero & $29.99 Band Bundles

• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#691 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

You can go on the tru website and there is an online insert. That is what I showed them, using my tablet. I even had the walmart pricematch page loaded on a second tab just in case. I didn't need to since they were cool with the pm

Walmart doesn't require you to physically have the ad with you but proof of the price goes a long way.

Ah yes, I just checked the website and now they have it. They didn't have it earlier.

I called my local TRU on Monday and they said they were sold out already, so I might try the big one in Times Square >_>

#692 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Ah yes, I just checked the website and now they have it. They didn't have it earlier.

I called my local TRU on Monday and they said they were sold out already, so I might try the big one in Times Square >_>

I wish i can help u out. im going to return Guitar hero warriors of rock tomorrow because i only need 1 guitar. Im keeping guitar hero 5.

good luck

#693 barlush23

barlush23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

FYI: I picked up the GH:WOR band bundle as well as the guitar bundle to have a second guitar, anyways since I then had an extra game I took it to Gamestop and got $11.04 in trade (w/ rewards card). So basically free guitar and Soundgarden cd (meh) out it!

#694 fatpants

fatpants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Successful price match at Walmart for GH:WOR guitar bundle and DJ2 turntable. Showed the cashier the TRU ad on my phone that had both items in the picture. I'm not sure that it would have worked for items that aren't shown in the ad - at least not as easily.

The manager did try to say "that sale was last week", but the ad shows 8/14-8/20 at the top, so she OK'd it.
Watch Ring of Honor Wrestling!
http://www.rohwrestling.com

#695 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Last time I went to a BB to try and price match a thing, they said they couldn't price match online deals at a B and M.

Sigh.

#696 steveliv

steveliv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Last time I went to a BB to try and price match a thing, they said they couldn't price match online deals at a B and M.

Sigh.

This is an in store sale. The advertisement just happens to be online.

#697 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

FYI: I picked up the GH:WOR band bundle as well as the guitar bundle to have a second guitar, anyways since I then had an extra game I took it to Gamestop and got $11.04 in trade (w/ rewards card). So basically free guitar and Soundgarden cd (meh) out it!

sorry for the dumb question as i dont shop at Gamestop often. Is the Reward Card the free one? I have the Edge card that is free (not paying $15 a year for Pro)

Isnt there a trade 3 games get extra $10 still going on?

I want to get Rock band green day.

I wish they would release a linkin Park rock band. I think it me cool

#698 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

My local TRU never had any guitar bundles to start with, but I'm still surprised that the only band bundles they actually sold out of this week were the Beatles Limited Edition.

They have stacks of the Beatles value, Warriors of Rock, Band Hero, and even a couple of Rock Band 2 bundles left. I wonder how long they'll keep these on hand.

#699 steveliv

steveliv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

I just got back from sears and was able to pricematch wii shred and wii DJ hero 2. The cashier had to get a manager who was adamant that the items had to be in stock at tru and told the cashier as much. I went to tru before I went to sears and they had nothing left. At that point I thought I had no chance of completing the sale. The cashier went over to a terminal for a minute and then came back and started taking off the anti theft devices.he rang up with the price match and I was out the door with a total of $16.56 because sears takes off 10% of the difference in addition to the matched price. I'm glad these are presents because the guy was only going to match the exact items that were pictured,and nephews only have wiis.

#700 pdwayne

pdwayne

Dial "F" for Funny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

Price matched at walmart. Got the 360 dj hero party pack. It still had the walmart exclusive packin of dj hero 1! Bonus! Cashier about fell over, but the manager said they had price matched it yesterday already.

#701 VGMaster75

VGMaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

from the toysrus deal i picked up 3 tony hawk shreds, 2 dj hero with extra turn tables, 2 dj hero 2s with extra turn tables and mics, 1 guitar hero 5 with guitar and game, 1 band hero bundle and 3 guitar hero warriors of rock bundles. I wasn't hoarding though. I got for myself and 2 friends. Posted Image

THAT - IS - AWESOME.
Amazing haul. So what was the grand total? You should post a photo of the receipt!

I'm always discouraged reading how much YMMV on these "looks too good to be true" deals, especially in regards to price matching. I mean some of these restrictions which managers seem to cherry pick are ridiculous (can't match prices from websites, it has to be pictured in the ad, if the originating store doesn't have any left in stock we can't give you the price match etc.). And the fact that you could go to the same store at a different time when a different manager is on duty and have the opposite happen. There really needs to be some unifying concession on price matching.

#702 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

I don't freaking believe it, but I was able to PM WoR 360 at Beast Buy!

I'd seen people reporting luck at Walmart, so I hit the one closest to my way home from work. Looked around and they didn't have much; mostly DJ Heros and a Wii WoR.

There was a BB across the street, so I figured what the heck, I'm already in the area.

Go in and get the last X360 bundle they have and take it to the registers. Get a cute young girl, so I crank up the Suave Jedi Powers. ("These aren't the droids I'm looking for, but these are my panties you're looking for," she says. In the movie version of this story, that is.) I hand her the printout and tell her I have a price match. She looks at it and understandably eye-pops at the price. She asks the girl at the next register if they match TRU and was told yes.

Here's the tricky part: the Code 6 Override. She needs a manager to approve the deal and they page for one. While we're waiting, we chat; she tells me about her dad and how he won't get her an air conditioner and how she wishes she could work at Armani Exchange and get the discount, and I told her I could breathe thru my ears and was fully willing to exploit her daddy issues. (Again, this is the movie version.)

After waiting and having a few managers walk by and not come back, she finally flags down a bullethead who I figured would squash this deal. He looks at the printout and asked if this is a web deal - it says In-Store Only - and I said no and that I figured they were just blowing out the stock now that Activision had killed the series and wanted to get Reward Zone points.

He shrugged and walked around to the register and keyed the override and went away. VICTORY IS MINE!!!!! I swiped my card and got the hell out of there before someone sobered up!

The irony is that the Ferengi who didn't want to deal had relisted all the stuff again on CL yesterday. I sent him a note that I saw he was still stuck with the stuff and to get with me to make the deal for Band Hero and $15 cash. He never replied and I'm hoping he finally tries me next week when he realizes he was delusional to think he'd get $100 so I can say, "Sorry, Bub, but I was able to find it for $30 and I'm all set. Good luck to you though!" BONG!!!!

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#703 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

It makes me jealous seeing some of these price matches. My TRU was cleared out a few minutes after it opened on Sunday according to some employees, and I was unsuccessful in getting a price match on the guitar bundle of the PS3 WOR after waiting 25 minutes at Walmart. First, the employee tried to tell me that it was online only, she called TRU to confirm that it was in store too, and they said it was. She then said that since it shows the Xbox 360 version in the ad, it was probably only for xbox 360. (even though it says for all systems) She called them back to confirm this and after that she says that she can't see where it says in store too on the ad. It said it, but she couldn't see it on my screen. She then said the Toys R Us employee may have been lying about it being in store too. After trying to convince her that it was in store too, she walked away and ignored me. I will be reporting this employee to a manager.

#704 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

THAT - IS - AWESOME.
Amazing haul. So what was the grand total? You should post a photo of the receipt!

I'm always discouraged reading how much YMMV on these "looks too good to be true" deals, especially in regards to price matching. I mean some of these restrictions which managers seem to cherry pick are ridiculous (can't match prices from websites, it has to be pictured in the ad, if the originating store doesn't have any left in stock we can't give you the price match etc.). And the fact that you could go to the same store at a different time when a different manager is on duty and have the opposite happen. There really needs to be some unifying concession on price matching.

Well i bought them on 5 different transactions. I have on one receipt band hero, dj hero 1, dj hero 2, and a tony hawk shred and it came to $64.xx Receipt states I saved over $280 for just those 4 things. same thing with another receipt but with guitar hero warriors of rock instead of band hero for 1 friend. When I was buying it all I guess the staff was having a meeting near the cash register and they had no clue the deal was on and was like holy crap I need that! Then my girlfriend wanted to go and look at the baby stuff after we put the stuff in truck. I went back and found a guitar hero 5 with the game and guitar for 9.99. When I was getting that there were like 4 staff members grabbing different bundles to hide in the back room so they could buy them. Then when I got home I had another friend come over to help me with some remodeling and he saw my stack and said DAMN! He want a WoR bundle for the 360 and Shred since he used to skateboard so I drove back and lucky found that they still had some. I was thinking about buying the WoR bundle myself just to have a spare drum set but didnt on day 1 because I already had the game and guitar from the last sale... but a few days past and I was looking online and saw a store in Clearwater,fl 45 minutes from me still had it so I drove down there and Picked it up. I bought the rest at the one in Port Richey, Fl.

#705 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

I have all the rockband and guitar hero games for the 360 except rockband 3 but have been waiting to pick up the keyboard and game bundle somewhere when it gets cheap. Till then I am an incomplete Plastic Music God!

#706 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

I have all the rockband and guitar hero games for the 360 except rockband 3 but have been waiting to pick up the keyboard and game bundle somewhere when it gets cheap. Till then I am an incomplete Plastic Music God!

Since u have the games what is the best guitar hero game and rockband game so far?
I only have guitar hero 2 and 3. I was thinking of Trading guitar hero 5 and warriors of rock. I wanted to get Greenday rock band because i like green day.

Oh, is the warriors of rock guitar hero better then all the other guitar hero guitars? is rock band guitars better overall then guitar hero?

Was thinking of pickin up a rock band guitar.

#707 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

Since u have the games what is the best guitar hero game and rockband game so far?
I only have guitar hero 2 and 3. I was thinking of Trading guitar hero 5 and warriors of rock. I wanted to get Greenday rock band because i like green day.

Oh, is the warriors of rock guitar hero better then all the other guitar hero guitars? is rock band guitars better overall then guitar hero?

Was thinking of pickin up a rock band guitar.

Really depends on what you like. If you have an interest in just one artist and a bit of story or multiple artist. My favorite was The Beatles Rock band. If you like pop hits your best bet is Lego Rockband Or Band Hero. The Guitar in Warriors of Rock is light so for long game play its probably the best, but the guitars for Guitar Hero are much better then Rockbands Guitars.

#708 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Really depends on what you like. If you have an interest in just one artist and a bit of story or multiple artist. My favorite was The Beatles Rock band. The Guitar in Warriors of Rock is light so for long game play its probably the best, but the guitars for Guitar Hero are much better then Rockbands Guitars.

i like a good mix of music. I really liked Guitar hero 2 and 3. Great mix of songs. I havent play another other Guitar hero games since.

I was thinking about getting rock band 3 since some others say its the best so far comparing to the first two.

Better then rockband guitars really? Isnt rockband guitar made by Fender?
LOL. I was playing with the WoR guitar last night and notice its light. i like the look of it but dont know if its solid like the others.

#709 FromChaos

FromChaos

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

If anyone picked up GH3 bundle and they're looking to sell the game, hit me up.

#710 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

If anyone picked up GH3 bundle and they're looking to sell the game, hit me up.

Do u mean guitar hero 5? I have 3 and 5. pm me

#711 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Argh, I'm so frustrated by this deal. I was really wanting to get this because WoR is the ONLY game in the franchise that I don't have (and it would be nice to get an extra guitar). And of course, the only store that doesn't sell this game in my area is Toys R Us. They ran out of stock almost two months ago and because it's a clearance item, they obviously didn't get anymore in stock. I stopped by every store I could think of that does price matching (Sears, Walmart, Target, Best Buy) and none of them would do it because it's a clearance sale. Argh. I would ask if anyone has an extra copy that they are willing to spare, but after shipping, it might not even be worth it.

Also...does anyone think Tony Hawk Shred is worth $20? BigLots has it for that price and I've been considering it for at least a month now, but I'm just not sure. I don't really care for Tony Hawk or skateboarding and I think most of these types of games (like Skate 3) suck, but I did used to enjoy the first two Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, so I'm torn.

#712 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Argh, I'm so frustrated by this deal. I was really wanting to get this because WoR is the ONLY game in the franchise that I don't have (and it would be nice to get an extra guitar). And of course, the only store that doesn't sell this game in my area is Toys R Us. They ran out of stock almost two months ago and because it's a clearance item, they obviously didn't get anymore in stock. I stopped by every store I could think of that does price matching (Sears, Walmart, Target, Best Buy) and none of them would do it because it's a clearance sale. Argh. I would ask if anyone has an extra copy that they are willing to spare, but after shipping, it might not even be worth it.

Also...does anyone think Tony Hawk Shred is worth $20? BigLots has it for that price and I've been considering it for at least a month now, but I'm just not sure. I don't really care for Tony Hawk or skateboarding and I think most of these types of games (like Skate 3) suck, but I did used to enjoy the first two Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, so I'm torn.

Dont get the Tony Hawk game. Its not worth $10 unless u have little kids.

I have a WoR for the xbox 360, but I opened it to try out the game. I purchase this guitar bundle because I also needed a new guitar. Its odd that the bundle last week was cheaper then the game only. If u like, I can send u the game if u want to paid for it. Im about to go trade it in.

#713 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Dont get the Tony Hawk game. Its not worth $10 unless u have little kids.

I have a WoR for the xbox 360, but I opened it to try out the game. I purchase this guitar bundle because I also needed a new guitar. Its odd that the bundle last week was cheaper then the game only. If u like, I can send u the game if u want to paid for it. Im about to go trade it in.

Yeah, that's what I kinda figured. Also, I just PM'ed you.

#714 RaginCajun713

RaginCajun713

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone know where I can find the weekly ad so I can print it out and bring it to BB? It's not on the TRU website anymore so the BB employees won't be able to check on their computers for the price match.

#715 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

Does anyone know where I can find the weekly ad so I can print it out and bring it to BB? It's not on the TRU website anymore so the BB employees won't be able to check on their computers for the price match.

Sale ended yesterday.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.