Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/14/11 to 8/20/11) $9.99 DJ Hero & $29.99 Band Bundles

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

#61 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Not this again...

#62 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Interesting. Might try and price match at BB so I don't have to deal with Toys R Us though...

And this is a advertised price, not a coupon, meaning that unless they specifically post a notice that the price "was a misprint" in the store most states require them by law to honor the price.

But a heads up for anyone thinking of trying to do a store pick-up tomorrow, it has been my experience that they take a while to go about actually placing the item on hold and if at all limited they will run out and cancel your order. Happened to me last week, most annoying part was that you could still order a store pick-up online after they cancelled it.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#63 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

Can anyone post the email? So I can print it out?

#64 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

These items should ring up automatically as $9.99, right (meaning no absurd $7+ tax if it was originally priced $100+ like with the last coupon)?

wow so I can just go into toys r us tomorrow and buy dj hero 2 for $10 or do I need the ad or coupon or something?

Yes, no coupon is required for this deal

Can anyone post the email? So I can print it out?

Emails should be sent out sometime later today

#65 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Interesting. Might try and price match at BB so I don't have to deal with Toys R Us though...

And this is a advertised price, not a coupon, meaning that unless they specifically post a notice that the price "was a misprint" in the store most states require them by law to honor the price.

But a heads up for anyone thinking of trying to do a store pick-up tomorrow, it has been my experience that they take a while to go about actually placing the item on hold and if at all limited they will run out and cancel your order. Happened to me last week, most annoying part was that you could still order a store pick-up online after they cancelled it.

DJ hero 2 is not show up online..

#66 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Thanks prim. I might have to pick up a bundle, even though I haven't opened my Rockband 2 bundle from TRU two X-mas ago!

#67 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Soured from the last time I went into TRU and got rejected... hopefully this one holds. Hoping for some more direct online confirmation before I drive out there again.

#68 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Whatever......I was insulted the last time I tried to buy a bundle at TRU.

this, what an ass manager that worked so hard to not sell me the renegade dj hero 2 bundle

haha i will go to his store tomorrow :P just to buy it from him

Edited by theking20, 13 August 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#69 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

Soured from the last time I went into TRU and got rejected... hopefully this one holds. Hoping for some more direct online confirmation before I drive out there again.

I agree, the whole coupon incident before wasn't communicated properly and left a bunch of people unhappy.

Stores have already been sent emails making sure that these bundles are out on the floor and properly signed. They even sent pictures showing the bundles stacked with the $9.99 price point.

#70 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

I am not on the mailing list. So when it gets put out will someone post the photo with the $30 on it?

#71 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

How much is MW2 in store?

Online shows it's $29.99. Save another $20?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#72 mahyar1

mahyar1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I agree, the whole coupon incident before wasn't communicated properly and left a bunch of people unhappy.

Stores have already been sent emails making sure that these bundles are out on the floor and properly signed. They even sent pictures showing the bundles stacked with the $9.99 price point.

Do you know if this will be online too?

Thanks

#73 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

I thought all band bundles were $9.99, why do you need a coupon to pay $29.99?

#74 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

For those rejected last time, now you can just go in and tell them thank you for saving you another $5 that their store doesn't get now. *shrugs*

#75 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

I thought all band bundles were $9.99, why do you need a coupon to pay $29.99?

No coupon. I think it's just saying all bundles that include game and instrument/skateboard are 10 bucks. Not the super bundle for GH/BH that has the drums, guitar and mic. Super bundle is 29.

#76 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

If it's anything like last time, lots of patience, sanity and probably arguing

Lol, I call pricing error! Get on this deal while you can.

#77 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

Seems like this will just cause more pain and frustration.

#78 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I need a new guitar and drum set. What are the chances of me getting a rain check? I know I'll be there at opening and everything will magically be gone.

#79 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I need a new guitar and drum set. What are the chances of me getting a rain check? I know I'll be there at opening and everything will magically be gone.

As far as I know, they don't hand out rainchecks...

#80 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

I'm in for this.

#81 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'm kind of hoping for online as well, since there is only 1 TRU in the area. That, and I gotta put my shop runner account to use, preferably with heavy items :D

#82 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Do you know if this will be online too?

Thanks

I'm kind of hoping for online as well, since there is only 1 TRU in the area. That, and I gotta put my shop runner account to use, preferably with heavy items :D

It will be online if there is any in stock.

No rain checks, stores will not be getting replenishment on these items. Whatever stock stores have left is all there is. These are priced to get them out of stores.

#83 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Awesome prim, thanks. Anyone know what time the website updates for the next day?
Posted Image

#84 Kirbith

Kirbith

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

I know it won't be emailed until later, but I wanted to add to that I would really appreciate someone posting a picture of the email once it's been sent out.

#85 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Does TRU or Best Buy carry the RB2/RB3 bundles anymore?

#86 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

i can't believe i spent $25 for dj hero 2 single turntable bundle on 04/15/2011 in the first toys r us deal. hell, the damn thing is still factory sealed and collecting dust. Since I still have the receipt, can i still return and re-buy even though I bought it in April?

Also, do you guys know which bundles have the best guitar(s) ie. technical design and build quality, not necessarily what the guitar looks like?

#87 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'm not falling for this again. I'm still in a BBB battle with them from the last time!

This because you didn't get one of the mis-priced full band bundles?

#88 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Is this live today or does it go live tomorrow? Wonder if i could buy one today and do a return rebuy tomorrow...

#89 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

FRAUD! this is clearly an ad misprint! You Internet Cags are taking advantage of poor TRU's mistakes! /sarcasm

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#90 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Just B&M or will this be onine too?

Posted ImagePosted Image