GameFly August Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 GeekWhenSpoken2

GeekWhenSpoken2

GeekWhenSpoken2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

Ordered Steel Diver and Pilot Wings. Might be cheaper by Black Friday, but eh.

Yeah those were the only deals that looked tempting, Most of the other games are on sale new at various retailers for less. What's going on Gamefly?

#122 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Just got a 3DS the other day and currently my only games are Zelda: OoT and Ghost Recon. Thinking of picking up Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Bust-A-Move (heard the game is lackluster but I'm a big BAM fan). Any thoughts on these titles or any other game suggestions?

TheVila.png

#123 akuma77

akuma77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Just got a 3DS the other day and currently my only games are Zelda: OoT and Ghost Recon. Thinking of picking up Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Bust-A-Move (heard the game is lackluster but I'm a big BAM fan). Any thoughts on these titles or any other game suggestions?

if you have the $ try out SSF4,
i heard its really good.

#124 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

PIlotwings is a lot of fun, but kinda short on content. It utilizes the 3D tech pretty well, for $20 it's a solid pickup. Unless you're one for collectibles, you'll be done with it in a few hours. It is fun to pick up and try and improve your scores every once in a while, so the replay-ability factor is also decent.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#125 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

Wow, I've been waiting for the next Gamefly sale for what seems like forever, but I'm shocked at how little there is on that list of any interest to me (and I prefer PS3 over 360). Anything that was even remotely interesting (that I didn't already have), I checked Amazon and found it going for brand new for nearly the same price...and with mediocre reviews.

Not a bad thing though....finally, my wallet gets some relief.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#126 AxleHead

AxleHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Really trying to not pull the trigger on Clash Of The Titans. Damn my urge to by cheap games regardless of how crappy.

#127 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

Really trying to not pull the trigger on Clash Of The Titans. Damn my urge to by cheap games regardless of how crappy.

I know it can be tempting, but don't do it! Crap at any price is still crap. Save the money so you can buy something worthwhile w/o feeling guilty if you have to pay a bit more.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#128 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

Fist of the North Star is one of the worst games I have ever played.
:360: Is all I need.

#129 LilSip

LilSip

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

Yeah, kinda glad there's nothing I want to buy this time, these sales usually kill me pockets

#130 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

Still can't believe Castlevania is going for more than $20... The game was not very well reviewed and has been out forever. Why isn't this $20 or less now?

At this point, I'll probably get it from my Queue on Blockbuster.com.

#131 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

No 360 love

I'm sure ill piss everyone off, but the 360 games probably sell just fine or are in higher rental demand.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#132 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

This was actually a pretty decent sale for me. I picked up SSF4 on 3DS for 18 after one of my coupons and my 10% member discount.

#133 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

I'm so indifferent on Fist of the Northstar. I have never watched the anime, but this looks like a mix of Dynasty Warriors and a classic 3-d beat em up. Any advice trusted CAG'ers?

If you're not a fan of the anime/manga, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're like me and:
1. Liked the movie okay
2. Haven't scratched that Dynasty Warriors itch in a while

I definately would recommend it. It never gets old watching Ken punch a guy super fast and then watching his body explode a couple seconds later. "You. Are already dead." classic
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#134 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

I'm not familiar with the Gamefly sales or how often they occur, but I have $5 gamefly dollars I need to use by October, and two games stand out that I may get:

Mafia 2
Medal of Honor

Are either of those games worth $7.34? Or should I just hold on to the GF dollars for a potential better sale before October?

#135 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Medal of Honor is worth that price (on PS3 anyway) just due to the inclusion of MoH: Frontline, which goes for $15 now on PSN.

#136 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Mafia 2 is definitely worth that price too. Probably more so than MoH
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#137 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

I'm so indifferent on Fist of the Northstar. I have never watched the anime, but this looks like a mix of Dynasty Warriors and a classic 3-d beat em up. Any advice trusted CAG'ers?

I bought Fist of the North Star a few weeks ago. I've never seen the anime or read the manga. After playing a few Chapters in Ken's story I thought the game got kind of repetitive but it was still funny to end combos with the triangle button and watch the enemies explode. I've never played Dynasty Warriors so I wouldn't know if the are similar. But overall I'd recommend it, but you might wanna check out Best Buy since it should be the same price for a new copy. I misplaced my disc so I can't finish the game.

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#138 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

I'm not familiar with the Gamefly sales or how often they occur, but I have $5 gamefly dollars I need to use by October, and two games stand out that I may get:

Mafia 2
Medal of Honor

Are either of those games worth $7.34? Or should I just hold on to the GF dollars for a potential better sale before October?

I thought Medal of Honor was one of the best single player FPS games I've played in a long time.

#139 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

I thought Medal of Honor was one of the best single player FPS games I've played in a long time.

Also, if you get Medal of Honor on PS3 you get the FULL version of MOH Frontline HD with it which just popped up on PSN for 14.99 so this is a good deal, just grabbed it at BBV for 9.99 so 2 games for 1 low price.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#140 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

They bloody cancelled my order :\
Posted Image

#141 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

Gamefly has not had much available to buy used for 360 in general since Jan. I usually pick up about 4-8 360 titles a month from Gamefly, but not this year. Kinda sad.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#142 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

I really can't remember the last time I bought a game from Gamefly