Photo
- - - - -

Does Gamestop Take Broken PS3's for trade?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PonyboyGatts

PonyboyGatts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

I have a 40GB PS3 that has barely been played, kept it for a bit but decided not to fix it myself, and will no longer read discs. Does Gamestop accept these for trade in?

#2 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

I dont know about your area, but some local GS just want to see it power up and they'll take it

#3 Erabiont

Erabiont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Pretty much every Gamestop will take a broken console (so long as it is not YLOD). They'll slap a refurb deduction on you though, which will lower how much you will receive for it. Most stores won't take it if it has been taken apart. See http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292073
for all you need to know about GS TIVs. It's updated daily. But I saw that the reported refurb for a 40GB PS3 was last updated over a year ago, so it probably won't be accurate.

t3hchucknoris.png

#4 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

how long ago did you get it? do you still have your free playstation plus? you can buy a 2 year warranty on the market from the time your 1 year ended for $45. then just wait a week so it doesn't look too conspicuous and send it to them. might be worth picking up a 1 month of ps plus just to do that