OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III

Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99

Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

Spoiler

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Edited by jaydepps, 17 September 2011 - 03:04 AM.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#2 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Batman: Arkham City pre-order deal added.

#3 downphoenix

downphoenix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

dont forget the preorder deals on Saints Row 3, Deus Ex HR, and Warhammer Space Marine are still running.

#4 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

Updated it a bit. Does it look better?

#5 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

Looks very good man. You also get a free console (+shipping) with the purchase of the Deus Ex Augmented edition. Onlive does have some great sales and promotions, especially with the playpack discount. I grabbed the Deus Ex Augmented edition for $37 so I could get a console for my buddy and I could have a 2nd controller for my console.

#6 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:00 AM

Thanks. Is the Deus Ex deal still active though?

EDIT: Just checked. This offer ended May 26, 2011. Added the $5 Friday deals.

Edited by jaydepps, 18 August 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#7 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

Hmm...Arkham City for $34.99 and either Saints Row the Third or Deus Ex HR for free? That's kind of hard to pass up...:hot:

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#8 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

I ordered Deus Ex like a week ago and got my code for the console and it has already shipped and attempted delivery once, so I can confirm that it worked as of last week.

#9 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

The free game codes do not work on pre-orders, but if Saint's Row comes out before the coupon expires you can just use it then. Deus Ex is coming out next week so that isn't a problem.

#10 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

I just pre-ordered Deus EX Augmented Reality Edition from Onlive a few days ago for $37.79 as marked. I received my second console last night and will set it up at the gf's house. I am a founding member and subscribe to the Playpack...and I'm a very happy customer. Onlive is amazing for those who don't know. I can game anytime I want on nearly any platform. I'm able to play games that I'd normally wouldn't play with the Playpack. They add games to the pack on a nearly monthly basis, if not more. For $10 a month, it's a great deal. I understand it's not worth it if your ISP has a cap on your bandwidth. Since mine doesn't, it's awesome.

I think I'm going to pick up Space Marine as well in the near future. I can't pass up on these deals! Thanks for the thread OP!

If anyone has any questions regarding the service, feel free to PM me or ask in here. I'm a firm believer in this service and I fully believe that this will be the way of gaming in the future. Yes, it's that good.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#11 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

I just pre-ordered Deus EX Augmented Reality Edition from Onlive a few days ago for $37.79 as marked. I received my second console last night and will set it up at the gf's house. I am a founding member and subscribe to the Playpack...and I'm a very happy customer. Onlive is amazing for those who don't know. I can game anytime I want on nearly any platform. I'm able to play games that I'd normally wouldn't play with the Playpack. They add games to the pack on a nearly monthly basis, if not more. For $10 a month, it's a great deal. I understand it's not worth it if your ISP has a cap on your bandwidth. Since mine doesn't, it's awesome.

I think I'm going to pick up Space Marine as well in the near future. I can't pass up on these deals! Thanks for the thread OP!

If anyone has any questions regarding the service, feel free to PM me or ask in here. I'm a firm believer in this service and I fully believe that this will be the way of gaming in the future. Yes, it's that good.

I'm with this guy. I really love Onlive, and the great deals and promotions they run, plus the fact I can play on my console and then pick them back up on my laptop. I remember when I first started using it when it came out and people were bashing it like crazy. Glad to see its only getting stronger and gaining more of a fanbase.

Anybody else want to share their onlive tags? Mine is Studentoftruth

#12 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

Mine is Jaydepps. I don't have any multiplayer games outside the PlayPack ones however.

#13 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Mine is Jaydepps. I don't have any multiplayer games outside the PlayPack ones however.

Yah, I havent played much multiplayer except a little homefront, and some of Fear 3, I tried Duke Nukem Forever but it was dead when I tried. If you havent tried it the Fear 3 run like hell mode is pretty fun.

#14 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

Seems like a lot of people bought Duke Nukem Forever in this recent sale. Multiplayer is picking up lately. I still have yet to really try it out though. I've been meaning to try Fear 3 out though.

#15 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:09 AM

This is a great thread to have. Ive had onlive for a few months now and love it. Ive saved so much money on new games. I plan to pre order either Saints Row 3 or Batman and get Deus Ex for free. :)

Edited by GoreObsessed, 19 August 2011 - 05:56 PM.

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#16 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

I'm having the same problem. Deus Ex or Saint's Row....

#17 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

If your taking suggestions I'd say Deus Ex if you have another console. Saints Row is going to have a big multiplayer component with coop and thats one area that 360 and ps3 still are a whiles ahead just because of the install base, unless of course you have a friend with Onlive you plan on playing through with.

#18 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

I'm with this guy. I really love Onlive, and the great deals and promotions they run, plus the fact I can play on my console and then pick them back up on my laptop. I remember when I first started using it when it came out and people were bashing it like crazy. Glad to see its only getting stronger and gaining more of a fanbase.

Anybody else want to share their onlive tags? Mine is Studentoftruth

I'll add both of you tomorrow night...we are having a huge rain storm and I never game with lightning about! I'm posting this via my phone if anyone calls me out on that one lol.

I tried the FEAR 3 MP, but no one was in the lobby, so I just played the solo mode. Seems like a ton of fun if people are online to play with. I'm definitely down for some MP action! :applause: :bouncy:

Definitely add me if you want! Hand2Gland is my Onlive ID. Woot!
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#19 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

Definitely Deus Ex. Watch the videos on the gameplay elements and you'll see why. It made me pre-order right after I watched it. I agree that SR is going to be an MP experience, and Onlive doesn't have that yet. Give it time and it will, but not right now. I would pre-order Batman as well, but I got a deal on the CE from Amazon.

That's the only thing that's keeping me from buying a ton of games on Onlive at this time...I already most of them on other platforms thanks to this site. That being said, I saved some money from the Steam Summer Sale because some of the games that I would have normally plunked down $3 on were already in the Onlive Playpack. Buy a game that will take up hard drive space and is limited to one machine, or play it whenever, where ever, on any machine without taking up space? Duh! :lol:
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Yea, I'll add you guys next time I am on. I don't have anyone on my friends list. I need to renew my PlayPack and I will once I get a job (hopefully soon having no luck). Once I get a job I will definitely pre-order Arkham Asylum and use my free code to get Deus Ex.

#21 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

Yea, I'll add you guys next time I am on. I don't have anyone on my friends list. I need to renew my PlayPack and I will once I get a job (hopefully soon having no luck). Once I get a job I will definitely pre-order Arkham Asylum and use my free code to get Deus Ex.

No worries! I was able to send a FR to you in any case so jump on whenever. :D
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

Good to know. I'll check it out as soon as possible.

EDIT: Aliens vs. Predator is today's $5 Friday Deal. You have till midnight to redeem if you'd like.

Edited by jaydepps, 19 August 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#23 Dazed28

Dazed28

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Aliens vs Predator is this week's $5 Friday ($3.50 for playback subs)

Been wanting to get this game for a while now, good thing I held off on buying it a few days ago. :)
If anyone is interested on adding me, my OnliveTag is Dazed28

#24 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

Only thing stopping me is the fact that i bought the PS3 version last year from Gamefly.

#25 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Tempted to get Batman and another new released game. Gotta plan it so I get two new releases for one price, but this is why I buy games on Onlive.

By the way, Arkham Asylum is in the op as a preorder, shouldn't it be Arkham CITY? Just a heads up.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#26 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. Good catch.

#27 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Great thread.

I might buy Saints Row 3 and get Dues Ex free and the buy Batman AC and get Warhammer free. That plus playback bundle comes out to $80 for all 4 new releases ($10 for playback bundle, $34.99 each for Batman and Saints Row). Tempting... but backlog is too much, and I will probably still get these on 360.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#28 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Aliens vs Predator is this week's $5 Friday ($3.50 for playback subs)

Been wanting to get this game for a while now, good thing I held off on buying it a few days ago. :)
If anyone is interested on adding me, my OnliveTag is Dazed28

I got your FR this morning. I'll accept it as soon as I get home tonight!

I might pick up this game at the $3.50 price. It's the lowest I'll get it anywhere else and I don't already have it. Sweet!

Great thread.

I might buy Saints Row 3 and get Dues Ex free and the buy Batman AC and get Warhammer free. That plus playback bundle comes out to $80 for all 4 new releases ($10 for playback bundle, $34.99 each for Batman and Saints Row). Tempting... but backlog is too much, and I will probably still get these on 360.

You know, I might get SR3 and then, if possible, get Space Marine for free. Tempting!
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Everyone feel free to add me on onlive. User name is VileDivinity . I also thought of doing Saints Row for Deus Ex and Batman for Warhammer but I'm still not sure. After hearing all the multiplayer talk for Saints Row I might just go for Batman and get Deus Ex for free.

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#30 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Does Space Marine have a set release date for OnLive?