Photo
- - - - -

Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

• Please log in to reply
804 replies to this topic

#781 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

http://community.cal....com/polls/1056

IW is having a poll for some new community playlist:

• Hardcore Ground War
  • Knife only
  • 3rd Person
  • Snipers only/No Snipers
  • Shotguns only/No shotguns
  • Hardcore CTF
  • MLG Rules/Competitive mode
  • Assassin, support streak, deathstreak, blind eye free
  • Barebones FFA
  • herp derp idgaf

#782 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

Snipers only sounds appealing but you know it would only be filled up with a bunch of quickscopers going at it for 10 minutes. Unappealing. I like the idea of Hardcore Ground War and Barebones FFA.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#783 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Snipers Only would be awesome, let all the 12 year old no scope 360 jumpers play there and leave the real games to the rest.

#784 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hit my first trickshot today after a massacre on hardhat with my MSR.

#785 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

It doesn't even look like you hit somebody. Classic trickshot trick, shooting at air and getting a kill somehow.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#786 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

There is a new poll up today, to vote for game modes for face off playlists.

http://community.cal...ollSuccess=true

#787 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ok so i decided to play some face off. I get put into a game on getaway. The map looks amazing, but it it complete shit. Every other death i had was a spawn kill, within the second that I spawned. This map's spawns suck so bad its ridiculous.

#788 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

Ok so i decided to play some face off. I get put into a game on getaway. The map looks amazing, but it it complete shit. Every other death i had was a spawn kill, within the second that I spawned. This map's spawns suck so bad its ridiculous.

^^ My opinion exactly ^^

#789 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

^^ My opinion exactly ^^

The pool table easter egg is cool and I love that pool they added, but for anything but a 1v1 (even thats probably bad), the map is horrible. Ascetically, the maps on collection 2 blow all other maps out of the water. Collection 1 is still very nice too compared to the original maps. Overwatch ftw. :P and foundation now too :)

#790 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

getaway looks so nice tho. my kids and i want to take a vacation to that place ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#791 whitedemon

whitedemon

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Anyone with UK/EUR version of the game here? I have Coll2 for sale (cheap even). Got it, don't need it. Shoot me a PM.

#792 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

haha, got a machine gun juggs on a ffa from my care package. also had an attack copter in the air. i was 23/1 until the end. then it became a mess and i ended up 30/9. woot. fun stuff.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#793 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

The popular Modern Warfare 2 airport map, Terminal, will come to Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox 360 on July 17 for Elite members and July 18 for non-Elites, but free for everyone, regardless of digitized classist regulations.

Earlier this week Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin outed Terminal for Modern Warfare 3, but couldn't provide a solid release date. Terminal exists outside of the Elite content drop schedule, and its PS3 and PC release dates are still to-be-decided, Rubin tweets

#794 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

The popular Modern Warfare 2 airport map, Terminal, will come to Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox 360 on July 17 for Elite members and July 18 for non-Elites, but free for everyone, regardless of digitized classist regulations.

Earlier this week Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin outed Terminal for Modern Warfare 3, but couldn't provide a solid release date. Terminal exists outside of the Elite content drop schedule, and its PS3 and PC release dates are still to-be-decided, Rubin tweets

Yeah i forgot to bump this thread up with that. But PS3 is confirmed to be at least a month later, and they could not get past the agreement IW has with microsoft on xbox getting free and paid content 1 month earlier.

Anyway...we might get up to 17 more drops for MW3.

Quote:
You are actually getting a lot of content there are still many more MP maps coming. Plus other content. Faceoff is really popular but of course not everyone is going to like everything. The DLC we are doing is more than we’ve ever done before. Not just MP maps but SO missions, Faceoff maps, and other stuff that hasn’t come out. So from a content standpoint it’s a lot of stuff. As for the sale, that’s an Activision thing as part of a promotion and a way to give tie it in to a charity promotion for CODE. I get that you are upset, though. But just want to say that we are only half way thru the content. You’ll be getting a lot for your money.
Via: MP1st
Source: IWMarkRubin Twitter

http://www.callofdut...contentcalendar is the calender that shows only 7 more drops, exluding the free terminal drop.

Today Mark Rubin posted on twitter:

"More Terminal Info: PS3 and PC dates still TBD. No info there yet. Terminal is a fan favorite map that we are giving away for FREE. It's not a part of the content calendar so isn't one of the maps shown. Plus the content calendar is wrong at the moment anyways. There is more coming than what's posted there. "

So that calender is wrong and there is lots more, possible 17 total drops if it is halfway like he said.

Also, no more face-off maps too thankfully.

#795 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I wish they would just release the DLC for everyone at the same time.
Posted Image

#796 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

I wish they would just release the DLC for everyone at the same time.

Agreed, and the contract was renewed for BO2 also. :(

#797 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Agreed, and the contract was renewed for BO2 also. :(

PSN's cod elite is not even worth it, what a waste of money :drool:
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#798 GBH

GBH

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

It's painfully obvious that none of the people than made call of duty 4 had anything to do with modern warfare 3. I played this at my friends house and watching him get quickscope sniper kills made me sick not to mention all those other 1 hit kills with throwing weapons. They don't even call this COD anymore and i am shocked people buy maps for 50 bucks when they could get a year of ps plus which gives out about 1-3 free games a month that are better than this game.

#799 Buckeye23

Buckeye23

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

MW3 is what MW2 should have been. BO is still better than MW3 IMO. I am so ready for B02. Ive always loved WaW and treyarchs games. MW2 and MW2 have so many problems that the games can be unplayable at many times.

#800 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

MW3 is what MW2 should have been. BO is still better than MW3 IMO. I am so ready for B02. Ive always loved WaW and treyarchs games. MW2 and MW2 have so many problems that the games can be unplayable at many times.

So people spamming RC cars all the time is your idea of fun? I'm not saying MW3 > BO, but BO had some of the worst maps I've seen. Seriously, why not just put people in a box and tell them to shoot each other (Nuketown)? Neither BO nor MW3 lived up to my expectations. MW2's maps have been some of the better maps released. The game was not too bad until the hackers took over.

I may come back and try some Terminal once it is released, but I really have no desire to play this much.

#801 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

It's painfully obvious that none of the people than made call of duty 4 had anything to do with modern warfare 3. I played this at my friends house and watching him get quickscope sniper kills made me sick not to mention all those other 1 hit kills with throwing weapons. They don't even call this COD anymore and i am shocked people buy maps for 50 bucks when they could get a year of ps plus which gives out about 1-3 free games a month that are better than this game.

The throwing knives have been around since MW2 but they weren't obnoxious and required a bit of skill. I agree though it is extremely obvious that the Infinity Ward "team" barely managed to scrape by with a bastardized child of COD4 and MW2 at best.

Black Ops only had two good maps(Nuketown and Summit). Between the RC car spamming, the terrible lag, the W@W graphics and god awful "customization", the game was only successful because MW2 was hacked and all support for the title dropped. It was a lateral move that I regret ever purchasing, it's also one of the few games I've traded.

If you liked it for the Zombies, I would understand. MW3 is what Black Ops should have been, MW2 was pretty god damn closed to perfection by all accounts and if it were remade with anti-hacking measures I'd buy it in a heart beat at full price.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#802 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

MW2 was pretty god damn closed to perfection by all accounts and if it were remade with anti-hacking measures I'd buy it in a heart beat at full price.

If you stumble across any new game to play, throw a message my way.

#803 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

If you stumble across any new game to play, throw a message my way.

Oddly enough, I'm going to give the new MOH a try now that Danger Close is doing both the singleplayer campaign and multiplayer. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player in the first(since the multi bombed), I'm not going to get hyped up like I did originally but I have a better set of expectations now having seen BF3 just be awesome for what it is. You'll have my review on release as usual :)
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#804 GBH

GBH

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

I actually am enjoying mw2 now thanks to the aug. It's really hard to get past quick scoping snipers and aim assist but the aug has made all of that shit obsolete. I was about to stop bf3 around february but i discovered lmg's are more fun to use and the best for me in games since half the times i would die are because of reloading. What are the best perks in mw2 for the aug? I have been using the heartbeat sensor( i don't rely on it but if there gonna put something that lame in the game i have to counteract aim assist quick scoping some way since i have it turned off.(funny it still tracks enemies when turned off sometimes)
I use claymores, resupply perk, stopping power, and either steady aim or scrambler pro. You might think i am using some cheap tactics but nothings cheaper than quickscoping, run boost, and aim assist.

#805 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Claymores, heartbeat sensor, Ghost (I think it is called) Steady Aim, Cold Blooded (or whatever that perk is called, I haven't played it in a long time). The AUG is decent weapon for sure (I personally liked the TAR better though), but the perks are a big part in what makes a good build.