Photo
- - - - -

PAX Prime 2011 Gen. Discussion - Who's Going?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

Heading to my first PAX next week! So excited! I was hoping to meet the man behind the TE sticks though :( Sad to hear you won't be there MarkMan. I'll still stop by the MadCatz booth anyway :bouncy:

Make sure you stop by, we'll have a lot of cool stuff and you can play 3 games that aren't released yet!

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#32 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

Just got back from a walk around the area. There's a decent grocery store on Third Ave. called Kress IGA if you want to stock up on reasonably priced snacks, water, etc. - http://www.kressiga.com/location

Chatted with metaly on AIM earlier and he's thinking an 11:30 meetup on Saturday at the food truck. Might be a little late to that one myself, since there's a panel I would like to go to that ends at 11:30. I'm still open to alternatives, but otherwise this sounds fine to me.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#33 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

I was just throwing out 11:30 since that's when it starts and we hadn't mentioned any times yet. Since it turns out it goes for a while, I could definitely plan on later.

I was thinking of trying to show up for the last couple hours of the Gameworks thing after Weekend Confirmed, but since it sounds like you have to line up pretty early, I'm crossing that off. Sooo... maybe I'll catch the Saturday concert?

#34 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Wow I am beat, and I didnt even make it to the expo hall. I'll probably do that in Tge morning, then head to the food truck thing around 12:30-1. Then Omegathon!

#35 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

Sooo... maybe I'll catch the Saturday concert?

Paul and Storm and Jonathan Coulton are a lot of fun live. Prepare to wave your lit handheld in the air for "Still Alive" :D

Back from the Friday concert, which was great! Glad I finally got to see the Minibosses live, and it was great to see the VGO in concert again, even though the number of members present this time around was smaller. Exhausted, so heading to bed soon. Going to try and make it to the food truck tomorrow, but I've got a feeling it will be MOBBED.

Other stuff I saw today:

Panels -
- What They're Saying About You
- Omegathon Round 1 (it was nuts and highly entertaining, as Mario Kart often is)
- Retrogame Roadshow

Games -
- Pokedex 3D
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land (w/four-player co-op o_O)
- Kirby Mass Attack (definitely one to keep an eye on)
- watched others play a bunch of stuff in the expo hall

Tomorrow's plan is mainly another mix of expo hall and panels, but no concert :P
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#36 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

Good to meet Metaly and see TRW/Zen again.

I had a blast at PAX I should have gotten a hotel and stayed out later...next year I"ll have to see some panels

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#37 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Home and exhausted. Had an awesome time. Also, I never would've expected The Legend of Zelda as a final Omegathon game.

Good to meet Metaly and see TRW/Zen again.

I had a blast at PAX I should have gotten a hotel and stayed out later...next year I"ll have to see some panels

You should've joined us for dinner yesterday! Maybe next year, then?

As for me, good to meet those guys for the first time.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#38 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

For sure! Again it was a blast!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#39 bitprophet

bitprophet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

You should've joined us for dinner yesterday!

It was a good dinner. Topics ranged from how many corpses you can fit in a car trunk, to cooking.

(No, not cooking the corpses. That would be gross! Jeez.)

Was good to meet some CAGs other than the one I am married to. Not sure if I fit in here too well though -- blueshinra is the CAG in our household, I am actually semi likely to spend money for convenience :oops: But only to an extent.

#40 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

blueshinra is the CAG in our household, I am actually semi likely to spend money for convenience :oops: But only to an extent.

You have a smaller backlog than me, though. Funny how that works :lol:

Blog post with swag pic (photos and impressions from the show itself forthcoming): http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=22356
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#41 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

You have a smaller backlog than me, though. Funny how that works :lol:

Blog post with swag pic (photos and impressions from the show itself forthcoming): http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=22356

Hope you don't mind if I pop in here and give my impressions of the show as well.

I've been to 5 PAX's now, 3 as a demonstrator for the company I was at before Amazon, this one as an Amazon representative, and the first PAX East as a rip roarin' fan.

I can honestly say that this was the most enjoyable PAX I've had. I got to play some really awesome titles, so without further ado, here's what I got to play and loved:

Torchlight 2 looks amazing, I got to play an Embermage running around with a couple of crazy berzerkers. 4 dogs, all morphed, running across the screen was phenomenal! Imagine how much fun the first Torchlight would have been, sitting next to your buddies in a LAN party or Vent chat. This game is about 10,000 times cooler and more fun than you probably imagined.

Click here to check it out.

All Zombies Must Die was a blast, did anyone here play Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis? If so you can't help but remember the "clear the zombies from the warehouse" missions. This game is like a well fleshed out version of that small, but awesome part of Shadowrun. The artstyle is fun and quirky, the mechanics are solid, and the weapons...oh the weapons look like a ton of fun.

Check it out here.

The team from Paradox hosted a launch party for their new 4x/RTS hybrid Sword of the Stars 2. For someone like me who played the original Master of Orion for hours and hours on end this game is pretty sweet. I'll be sending a copy to my brother so we can play together and hoping it doesn't end his marriage. The game combines Empire Building with an engaging but challenging combat system to create an extremely deep and rich experience. Listening to the fans in attendance made it clear that the Lore from the first game was strong enough to support a solid gameplay experience from start to finish.

Check it out here.

Finally, tucked away near the Cafe in the main expo hall was Novus Aeterno by Taitale Studios. The build of this game I got to play is shaping up to provide a persistent, truly Massively RTS experience. The game mechanics are smooth and polished, the music and art style is beautiful, and most importantly...it looks FUN.

The most phenomenal part of this game is found off screen though. The team that this group has assembled is nothing short of remarkable. If any of the people reading this have ever thought/dreamed about working in the video game industry with your best friends you should check this game out simply because these guys are doing it.

They've assembled a completely international team that includes a musician and artist that are focused on gaming as an art form, an extremely savvy businessman, a former MAJOR GENERAL, and are lead, I kid you not, by a 19 year old gamer.

This game is going to be awesome, and like I said, you should all at least check it out.

Add them on Facebook here.
Check it out here.

To the other people who were at PAX, what did you see that you loved? Does anyone have any questions about other stuff I played that you'd like to hear about?

Let me know!

Cheers,
Tony

#42 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

I cannot wait till PAX 2012 tickets are on sale.

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif