CAGcast #249: Vanilla Pudding and The Nerds

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Cheapy and Shipwreck visit Seattle and drop by Amazon Games, Skulls of the Shogun, and Homeless People. Wombat visits the 80s and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. We also talk price PS3 drops, Nintendo 3DS vs. Vita and more! Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]158[/podcast]
Download - 75 minutes, 45MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Monthly Special: 30% Off Reseller Plans[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro: Kissy Sellout
Outro: Busta Rhymes / DJ Rectangle

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jax2001']thank you. now i can postpone listening to the joystiq show.[/QUOTE]

It's been a dead week with no IGN podcasts this week so with 2 today I was happy to listen to the cagcast first.

Great to have the CAGcast back.

Is it really that weird that the Vita won't released this year outside of Japan? Even leaving aside the cost and logistics of getting millions of Vita units produced and shipped around the world by November, we just saw what can happen to a handheld that gets released early without killer launch titles.

What you guys said about second-tier FPS titles was dead on. I haven't tried Bulletstorm yet, but I would consider Borderlands a part of this category and as it's no surprise there is an incredible about of depth in game that came with all the DLC that was available for 19.99. Also speaking of Borderlands. No Borderlands 2?

It's also good to see the Sony hate isn't as transparent. In the recent drought of CAGcast's I listened to previous podcasts and don't understand how you guys don't see yourselves as Haters. Well, not haters I guess just harsh critics, as opposed to xbox where you seem light, or nintendo which is just taken with a pitiful tone. I have a PS3, but I'm not a fan-boy it's just very apparent, and I mean no disrespect, as this is the only podcast I listen to, and often. Critics are meant to be biased that's journalism.

Wombat your hilarious, fuck haters.

Quote of the episode, "I don't know if Mrs. Cheapy is down with the splitscreen." Nice throwback lol.

All in All great episode, can't wait to get back on my weekly CAG grind.

I think that Cheapy vastly overestimates how important the Xbox is to Microsoft.

In the last quarter Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division had operating income of $32 million. Meanwhile the three divisions that are actually most important to Microsoft's bottom line (Windows, Server & Business) had combined net operating income of $8.34 billion. Windows 7 and Office 2010 are far more successful products than the 360.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...s/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY11/Q4/default.aspx

Best quote ever!!! "fuck you baldy"-Wombat

And you 3 :argue:have no excuse not to have ever watched Bleach, especially you CheapyD, seeing that you live in Japan:whee:

Hello, is there any way to block these podcast boxes on the front page? I see that you can block a lot of the other advertising and useless junk through customization. I want to see deals and reviews together, just not the useless stuff.

I just wanted to clarify something that was said. Shipwreck mentioned that using codes for Summer of Arcade games won't get you the free copy of Crimson Alliance. This was true for previous promotions, but not for this one. XBLA Fans went asking a couple of weeks ago and got the info on it. There was also some discussion between them, XboxSupport, and someone I follow on twitter a few days ago. At first support didn't seem to think codes would work either, but they checked and confirmed that they do indeed work. I'd dig up that tweet, but it was like 5 days ago which means I'd have to dig through like 3,000 @xboxsupport tweets to find it.

Most likely this is because the Microsoft Store was selling codes for SoA games this year. The XBLA Fans info says that codes that went out for review and given away in contests should also work.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Hello, is there any way to block these podcast boxes on the front page? I see that you can block a lot of the other advertising and useless junk through customization. I want to see deals and reviews together, just not the useless stuff.[/QUOTE]

When you say "useless stuff" you mean Shipwreck, right?

For some reason this podcast is not showing up on my itunes directory. The most current one showing is from July. Does anyone else have this problem?

How can i criticize wombat if i can't download the show? :)

Wombat, you sound like the most tierd person in the world. Did you roll into bed and fall asleep when your pillow hit your head? I feel so bad for you.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Hello, is there any way to block these podcast boxes on the front page? I see that you can block a lot of the other advertising and useless junk through customization. I want to see deals and reviews together, just not the useless stuff.[/QUOTE]
Click the deals only button on the front page. You won't see reviews, though.

[quote name='Spartan V07']Yea it's not on itunes yet.[/QUOTE]
Click the subscribe button and you'll get it right away, every week.

Glad to see the CagCast is finally here! About to give this a listen when it finishes downloading, should be entertaining and informational like usual!

I am subscribed. . . but if i am at work and i try to download the show through my iphone it does not show up right way.

Nice episode, especially after you guys have been away for so long.

As a Washington resident, it's entertaining to hear you guys talk about your adventures in Seattle. Especially about how many crazy people roam the streets there. I also had to laugh when Wombat asked about Voodoo Donuts, which is a very good place doughnut shop. It's just down in Portland, OR, not Seattle.

Also, I hope Shipwreck enjoys PAX. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Love the PS3 pricing discussion. One thing that wasn't brought up is a brand new feature that may be part of the reason for the price drop. For the first time ever football fans can subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV. They can do this through their PS3 for the same $340 that DirecTV customers pay.

Since Sony has always tried to market the PS3 as more than just a game machine is it possible they are trying to lower the price to appeal to NFL fans? I can see lots of parents now buying their kids a PS3 because they get the added benefit of watching whatever game they want every Sunday.

[quote name='skadave']I am subscribed. . . but if i am at work and i try to download the show through my iphone it does not show up right way.[/QUOTE]

Same here... Bummer

Shipwreck, I'm disappointed. Why would you dismiss the DS sales as "people buying ones that broke". I would say Apple is more guilty of that than Nintendo. Figure they reiterate the same products year after year and i know good and well people keep buying the new versions. Isn't Cheapy evidence of that enough?

If you want to push aside a product because of repeat people, you should do the same for Apple products too.

Not showing up on itunes for whatever reason. it is on stitcher though, looking forward to the show!

Edit: Great show. Thanks. Very sweet story about Tai. Looks like he will inherit his dad's tendency for poop mishaps whether he likes it or not.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Shipwreck, I'm disappointed. Why would you dismiss the DS sales as "people buying ones that broke". I would say Apple is more guilty of that than Nintendo. Figure they reiterate the same products year after year and i know good and well people keep buying the new versions. Isn't Cheapy evidence of that enough?

If you want to push aside a product because of repeat people, you should do the same for Apple products too.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't meaning it in a negative context. I just know a lot of people that have bought replacement DSes. I know I've personally bought 6 various forms of the DS not including the 3DS I own. A number of the DSes being sold now are to repeat customers and that's all good and well. I wasn't pushing aside the DS. It's been incredibly successful. I just don't think the 3DS will be as successful because the market for such devices has shrunk due to smartphones.

[quote name='shipwreck']I wasn't meaning it in a negative context. I just know a lot of people that have bought replacement DSes. I know I've personally bought 6 various forms of the DS not including the 3DS I own. A number of the DSes being sold now are to repeat customers and that's all good and well. I wasn't pushing aside the DS. It's been incredibly successful. I just don't think the 3DS will be as successful because the market for such devices has shrunk due to smartphones.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I would like to think people would still want to purchase the DSes and PSPs/Vitas simply because they have games (or should have games) that the Phones and Ipods can't provide as of yet. I would go further and say the biggest obstacle for the 3DS isn't smartphones, but trying to find any motivating factor that distinguishes it enough from the previous DSes. I don't believe that simply because 3D is going to be enough. And once you take that out and bring in a bad game lineup with bad battery life, there is no reason to purchase a 3DS other than to have the new system.

I would say Apple has an advantage there. Even when it's almost a 100% fact that a new phone or ipod will be out the following year, people will buy it regardless. I don't think handheld games systems will have the same luxury.

Feel better soon Ship.

Btw, Bastion and From Dust came out on Steam this week. Worth mentioning for new releases.

ya, same here...havent been able to download it. In fact from my ipod touch, I am not able to download any episodes at the moment. From my computer, the latest episode showing up is 7/28.

[quote name='caltab']ya, same here...havent been able to download it. In fact from my ipod touch, I am not able to download any episodes at the moment. From my computer, the latest episode showing up is 7/28.[/QUOTE]
click subscried to cagcast and it will download automatically.

[quote name='caltab']ya, same here...havent been able to download it. In fact from my ipod touch, I am not able to download any episodes at the moment. From my computer, the latest episode showing up is 7/28.[/QUOTE]

Same issue for me. I use my PSP to stream podcasts and the new episode does not show up on the RSS feed for me either. Latest is the 7/28 episode.

Glad you swung by Seattle. We are the central hub for innovation with Valve, Amazon, Microsoft and so many others. Seattle FTW.

Oh.. and Amazon always charges sales tax to us

WTF is the ESGamer Station shit? Just felt the need to point that out, but great podcast as always and well worth the wait. Apart from Bombcast CAG is the only podcast I listen to regularly, and prefer the cagcast. I just wish it was longer, last year I remember episodes being 120 minutes but I know the time zone differences are a bitch, glad you get any episodes out.

Random thought: Looking at all of the chaos surrounding the HP Touchpad fire sales, along with stories of employees scooping them up first, reminds me of Wombat's classic "I got the last one yesterday, SUCKA!" story.

Being CAG's resident Dayton resident, I can assure you that you can go on JFK's Air Force One. The very same one where LBJ was sworn in and carried JFK's casket. You can see it here or on any number of walkthroughs on Youtube. The Concorde is a British commercial jet and wouldn't belong in a US Air Force museum, but there's lots of other cool stuff to see like an SR-71.

Back on topic, the reason I don't use all the other features on CAG is that they don't work any better than the functionality I can get on other sites. I use VGPC.com for pricing, Glyde for selling, GameTZ for trading and so on. The best feature of the site has always been the community and the forums allow it to shine like nowhere else on the site.

What's with the short shows...? Hope you will get back to the normal length on the show from before no that we're going into gaming season again! At least use som poop-stories or other fun stuff to keep the show going for an extra 30 minutes!

bread's done
Back