Photo
- - - - -

Trade DSi XL, DSi, DS lite for $100/$75/$50 gift card at Bestbuy - in store only

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Your not even locked into getting a 3DS you just get the giftcard...good way to stack credit for the 5 for $100 RZ deal, stacking Amazon credit, making a PS3 and/or PSVita $150.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cmcat8400050004

deal is still showing thru this link
http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

Edited by Enuf, 22 August 2011 - 02:46 AM.

#2 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

When you click on the deal, the estimator tells you that the xl is only worth 75, and the dsi is only worth 50. Seems like a great deal, but they're going to need to update their system first.

I Didnt expect it to show correct on the site b/c it's instore only for the extra credit. Show the CSR @ the trade in kiosk what the value should be per the listing.

I'm glad I stumbled on this b/c I have some ungrateful lil rugrat cousins who have abandoned their reg. DS's since they now have 3DS's. Now all I have to do is let them have some TRU/BB/BBV clearance PS3/PSP/360 titles in trade for the DS's as early Xmas presents.
Should end up with $600-$700 in credit from BB & that pays for my new PS3, PSVita, car stereo & all the tv show seasons on DVD that will be(already Dexter is our now) coming out.

#3 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Sweet. I wanna unload my black mint DSi for $75

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#4 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Wow the DS Lite is only worth $50 at best buy? Kinda sucks that i missed the 3DS trade in promo where it was worth $70... ugh

Gonna hold out in hopes they run the promotion again when the red 3DS is released.

:(

#5 terb73

terb73

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Wow the DS Lite is only worth $50 at best buy? Kinda sucks that i missed the 3DS trade in promo where it was worth $70... ugh

Gonna hold out in hopes they run the promotion again when the red 3DS is released.

:(

I wouldn't bet on that after the DS lite MSRP price drop to 99.99.

#6 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

It seems like an ok deal to me. I have a DS Lite that I got from Walmart for $60 so I am really considering this. I don't think I will use it anymore since I have a 3DS.
Posted Image

#7 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

This is actually a VERY good deal for DS Lite owners...considering it dropped to $100 and the fact that places like Gamestop will only give you $25 for a used one. Gonna head in there ASAP and trade in my two DS Lites, maybe pick up a $150 PS3?
Posted Image

#8 zandrolouie

zandrolouie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

When is the end of this offer?

#9 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

I should have waited and traded in my DS Lite at Best Buy rather than Amazon. Amazon was offering $50 for it in "excellent" condition but when I sent mine in, they accepted it at a "good" condition and I only got $42.50. I know it's not that much of a difference but it would have been nice to get the full value I was expecting. I doubt Best Buy would be as picky.
Posted Image

#10 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

maybe pick up a $150 PS3?

Not sure if your asking but $250 PS3 minus the $100 max giftcard $150 PS3 outta pocket. If you have a good # of pawns shops might be a place to search as well as craigslist.

No idea it's not listed & I don't know when this offer was posted on the site. I'd say act before Sunday to be safe as most deals end on Sat.

#11 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

To all who are wondering I called my local Best Buy (Auburn Hills, Michigan) and they told me the promotion starts Sunday 7/21. Also they said you can do more than one at a time.
Posted Image

#12 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

To all who are wondering I called my local Best Buy (Auburn Hills, Michigan) and they told me the promotion starts Sunday 7/21. Also they said you can do more than one at a time.

Starts 7/21? :-s

I traded my bronze launch model today for the $100, bought a $50 amazon gc with the credit 8-)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#13 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

It might be time to get rid of the DS Lite. I got it for the wife a few years ago and it is essentailly new...haha

#14 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Starts 7/21? :-s

I traded my bronze launch model today for the $100, bought a $50 amazon gc with the credit 8-)

My Best Buy must suck...either that or the people are idiots. It says "Current Promotions" and they tell me it doesn't start until 7/21 even when it was on the site a few days ago. Oh well, maybe if they're that stupid, I can trick them into thinking my DS Lite is a DSi and get 100$ for it lmao.
Posted Image

#15 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

paid so much more than this for the console originally. this is why i always keep my consoles. good deal for those interested though, thanks OP
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#16 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

woo found my ds lite charger guess i'll trade in my ds lite later today

#17 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

My Best Buy must suck...either that or the people are idiots. It says "Current Promotions" and they tell me it doesn't start until 7/21 even when it was on the site a few days ago. Oh well, maybe if they're that stupid, I can trick them into thinking my DS Lite is a DSi and get 100$ for it lmao.

Either you haven't realized we're in August or I've been caught in a time warp and am posting from the future. Ooh, nifty! 8-):lol:
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#18 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

Promo no longer shows up under the OP's link but does when in the Nintendo DS category.

#19 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Stupid question, but can you get 40% bonus if you preorder an item? Would be sweet to get $140 towards a vita...

#20 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

The promo also shows up here:
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat232900050010

However, when you click on the ds trade in promotion the popup for the console estimator states that the DSI is only $50 gift card for good condition (the highest condition you can choose).

So is it $50 or $75 for the DSI and is $75 guaranteed at all best buy locations?

#21 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

Looks like it end saturday.

Promo no longer shows up under the OP's link but does when in the Nintendo DS category.

^^^

The promo also shows up here:
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat232900050010

However, when you click on the ds trade in promotion the popup for the console estimator states that the DSI is only $50 gift card for good condition (the highest condition you can choose).

So is it $50 or $75 for the DSI and is $75 guaranteed at all best buy locations?

^^^when the promo was listed it specified "in store only" deals dead. Updating OP

#22 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

I would hesitate to call this deal dead though. Even if it is in store only, it is still a good deal as long as we get the correct trade in values that have been specified.

Anyone try this in store today (sunday, aug 21)?

#23 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

Confused, the online estimator (when I tried it earlier in the week) never showed the "in store" promo amount, always showed lower. So it's acting just like it did earlier.

#24 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

Confused, the online estimator (when I tried it earlier in the week) never showed the "in store" promo amount, always showed lower. So it's acting just like it did earlier.

The online estimator NEVER showed the difference only the promo in the OP link stated anything about the actual amounts.

#25 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

So the change is that the promo no longer shows up in the OP's link but now in 2 other links?

#26 Explosivo

Explosivo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

I would hesitate to call this deal dead though. Even if it is in store only, it is still a good deal as long as we get the correct trade in values that have been specified.

Anyone try this in store today (sunday, aug 21)?

I just did this a few hours ago in CA so its not dead yet. Got a $40 gift card for my DS Lite. $50 - $10 because the bottom screen was scratched a bit. A guy in front of me traded 2 DSi, a good condition for $75 and a fair for $60.

#27 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

I just did this a few hours ago in CA so its not dead yet. Got a $40 gift card for my DS Lite. $50 - $10 because the bottom screen was scratched a bit. A guy in front of me traded 2 DSi, a good condition for $75 and a fair for $60.

then I'd suggest people interested hop on it ASAP b/c the promo moved from the original place with all the offers fast & there's no date on when it started or ends. Will change the OP back.

#28 Shanghai Stew

Shanghai Stew

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

I got $50 for a DS Lite today (8/22) at the SB, IN store. They had to look up the deal but it was in the BB system.

#29 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

The only DS Lite I have is the gold Zelda DS Lite.. as tempted as I am, I can't get rid of it!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 immortald3ath

immortald3ath

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

just came back from best buy and i can confirm the deal is still good. Got $75 for my Dsi.