We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='62t']Don't forget Europe also got Inazuma Eleven, Level 5's soccer RPG[/QUOTE]

Put aside the good notes that this game got, the premise alone has me lined up!

Love the thread title :applause:

[quote name='62t']Don't forget Europe also got Inazuma Eleven, Level 5's soccer RPG[/QUOTE]
Definitely importing that if Level-5 doesn't bring it out here.

As much as I want Xenoblade I think I am going to wait to import it. I have enough in my backlog as is and money is starting to get a bit tight for now.

Thread title is epic though.

[quote name='blueshinra']Definitely importing that if Level-5 doesn't bring it out here.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Given it's low standing in Level-5 IA's facebook poll and the fact that it was released in most of Europe in January, I don't have much hope.

Does anyone think there might be even just a slight chance that Nintendo is holding back Xenoblade and The Last Story for the WiiU launch next year with higher resolution graphics? Even though the Wii obviously has a huge installed base, there's likely only a very small percentage who would even notice those games' releases. That same percentage are the most likely early adopters if there are a sufficient number of serious games available. I would be fine with that plan, but I'm probably giving NoA too much credit!

I too was wondering about updated WiiU launches, but at least for Xenoblade, the game is massive. I could see another company doing it, but not Nintendo, sadly.

Really can't wait to play it this weekend. Looks fantastic (gameplay wise, graphics look about on par with the good PS2 RPGs)

[quote name='kainzero']this makes me more angry that wii has region protection =([/QUOTE]

That is the reason I didn't feel bad about messing around with some stuff on the Wii (no pirating though). Region protection is one of the dumbest things to still be around on consoles. It made sense before when consoles might not have had enough power to read differences in region codes. Now there is no reason for it.

[quote name='momouchi']That is the reason I didn't feel bad about messing around with some stuff on the Wii (no pirating though). Region protection is one of the dumbest things to still be around on consoles. It made sense before when consoles might not have had enough power to read differences in region codes. Now there is no reason for it.[/QUOTE]

It was never about "enough power to read differences in region codes" It is about games having different publishers and rights in different regions, such as BlazBlue having a different publisher in Japan, USA, and Europe

Would you even be playing your Wii if you didnt have Xenoblade? You're pining for a game that you can't have on a console that no one plays with. It's a little sad really.

On RPG News:

fuck those Abysmal Death on B5F of Etrian Odyssey 3. I'm at level 20 like the FAQ suggest but if he does two "attack all" in a row, even with my Hoplite guarding I get wiped out. I can handle the sea quest that's recomended for level 19+ no problem. But this guy wiped me out like three times in a row last night. So frustrating.
Yet I can't wait until tonight to grind up one more level, purchase new armor and try again.

[quote name='eldergamer']Would you even be playing your Wii if you didnt have Xenoblade? You're pining for a game that you can't have on a console that no one plays with. It's a little sad really.
[/QUOTE]

And no one plays it because we have no new games for it.

[quote name='ihadFG']And no one plays it because we have no new games for it.[/QUOTE]

chicken192.jpg

I'm foolishly still holding out hope that Xenoblade and The Last Story will be localized and I won't need to hack my Wii. There was a rumor a couple months back that they were in fact well into localization and just hadn't been announced, but since I haven't heard anything else, I assume that was malarkey.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm foolishly still holding out hope that Xenoblade and The Last Story will be localized and I won't need to hack my Wii. There was a rumor a couple months back that they were in fact well into localization and just hadn't been announced, but since I haven't heard anything else, I assume that was malarkey.[/QUOTE]

Well depending on how well it sells in Europe, I think it could still happen. At the very least, I'll wait and see. It's not like I won't be able to import it in the future if it doesn't come to NA.

[quote name='ihadFG']And no one plays it because we have no new games for it.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear! Last game I played was Donkey Kong Country Returns. There hasn't been shit since then. I hate Nintendo, because their first party games are the best in the industry, but they're consoles are pretty much only good for that. I really really wish they'd just step out of the console game and stick to game development.

[quote name='Indignate']Disowned![/QUOTE]

More like I disowned FFIV. :cool:

Seems much more grind heavy than I was expecting.

Ys on the other hand is awesomeness

[quote name='whoknows']More like I disowned FFIV. :cool:

Seems much more grind heavy than I was expecting.[/QUOTE]

You were doing it wrong.
Were you playing PSP? I think that's suppose to be harder.
You pansy.

[quote name='bvharris']Why? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Do mods ever give explanations for anything done around here?

[quote name='Indignate']You were doing it wrong.
You pansy.

Do mods ever give explanations for anything done around here?[/QUOTE]

I back everything you said to him about FFIV.

As for the thread, possibly for all the talk of how to region break the Wii? We'll find out if they lock this one.

I just bought a copy of FF4 UK LE for the PSP.
i hope its not to grind heavy. I love Dragon Quest and Pokemon, so im cool with grinding i just hope its fun. If not it will sit on my PSP LE shelf with the others.

I love the Ys games. So much fun. Just ordered Oath for $15 so i dont have to open my CE one.

Do any of you do that?
Buy a used or cheap copy so you dont have to open a CE?

The only real "grind" part I hit in FFIV was when I went to the moon. The difficulty spikes, so a bit of grinding was required there and to take out Dark Bahamut. (who I found to be harder then Zeromus)

[quote name='eldergamer']Would you even be playing your Wii if you didnt have Xenoblade? [/QUOTE]
i sure would like to try rhythm tengoku on wii...

but REGION LOCK! :hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='eldergamer']Would you even be playing your Wii if you didnt have Xenoblade? You're pining for a game that you can't have on a console that no one plays with. It's a little sad really.[/QUOTE]
I know I'm in the minority, but recently, my Wii has been on nearly every single day for a number of weeks now. I've been playing Shiren the Wanderer (near the end now) and Kirby's Epic Yarn (recently beat, but might go collectable hunting later), and my husband wrapped up Chrono Trigger (again) not too long ago.

As for Xenoblade, I skimmed the Edge review and as I suspected, it definitely doesn't sound like my kind of game.

Not to be off topic, but Kirby's Epic Yarn is a fantastic game and I absolutely adore the art style. Really wish it took me longer than a Saturday afternoon to beat it...

Carry on.

[quote name='blueshinra']As for Xenoblade, I skimmed the Edge review and as I suspected, it definitely doesn't sound like my kind of game.[/QUOTE]
Dang, I like really want to play this game now. The more I read about it, the more it sounds like it's right up my alley.

:cry:

[quote name='Zmonkay']Not to be off topic, but Kirby's Epic Yarn is a fantastic game and I absolutely adore the art style. Really wish it took me longer than a Saturday afternoon to beat it...

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

I loved it as well. It's one of my favorite Wii games. Dolphin Kirby.

[quote name='Indignate']You were doing it wrong.
You pansy.
[/QUOTE]

I was playing on PSP.

I just don't feel like playing a game where I have to grind right now.

Unless it's like...Phantasy Star or something.

[quote name='coolz481']Does anyone think there might be even just a slight chance that Nintendo is holding back Xenoblade and The Last Story for the WiiU launch next year with higher resolution graphics? [/QUOTE]
There's a chance, but it's really slight. Monolith Soft is very publicly hiring new staff for what looks like a new Wii U project. Also, it would mean launching on a console with low install base, instead of one with tens of millions.

[quote name='whoknows']I was playing on PSP.

I just don't feel like playing a game where I have to grind right now.

Unless it's like...Phantasy Star or something.[/QUOTE]

Are you...are you playing Phantasy Star right now?

Just beat Shiren the Wanderer. The story is kind of convoluted and endgame dungeon crawling is hard as shit, but otherwise... quite good.

[quote name='whoknows']Not at this very moment.

But I've been playing it on and off since it came out. PSP2 that is.[/QUOTE]

I want to get that double pack that's suppose to come out. Since Walmart has it listed, I'm assuming it's real.

Does it play much like PSO? Is it even online for that matter? More importantly, are there Mags? I played the hell out of BB on some private server a couple years back. It's probalby the reason why I like Guild Wars so much, it's the closest thing to it
and there's no monthly fee.

No mags afaik, and only PSP2 has online.

It's not as big as PSO was, but it's still a lot of fun to play. I paid $40 for it the day it came out and thought it was worth it.

Nintendo just needs to bring Xenoblade over to America, I mean it's getting almost perfect reviews and I bet the game would actually sell here

Would they market it though? Same goes for Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Heck, let's throw DQX in here as well.

I'm guessing part of the reason the reviews are so high is because they might be trying to coax NoA into bringing it out here.

[quote name='KingBroly']Would they market it though? Same goes for Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Heck, let's throw DQX in here as well.

I'm guessing part of the reason the reviews are so high is because they might be trying to coax NoA into bringing it out here.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, but I think with the amount of fan support those three titles have gotten here in American, they shouldn't have a problem selling a decent amount of copies.

Nintendo just needs to realize that not all of their titles will sell as much as Mario, Zelda, etc.

Quick question to anyone: Is Rogue Galaxy any good? I have about 13 bucks left on my Gamestop card and was thinking about picking it up

I love Rogue Galaxy. It has so many sidequests ranging from bounty hunting to item creation. The story is decent enough and the characters aren't just bland, boring personalities.

[quote name='cheesygamer']
Quick question to anyone: Is Rogue Galaxy any good? I have about 13 bucks left on my Gamestop card and was thinking about picking it up[/QUOTE]

It's like Star Ocean but with better characters, a bit more difficult, and weapons need to be upgraded from random crap you find. Also it's long enough that I never finished it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back