get it nao!, best soundtrack evar!11!!
Posted Image

#33 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

soundtrack is great ;) spooky chic weird language type operaish
i really wish they had an option to skip the audio everytime you start the game.
my kids can only hear so much cursing from a hot chic before they start to emulate her, and when the game starts with a tirrage of f-bombs the moment it loads up...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#34 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

In for one based on everyone's recommendations. Now to find the time to play it...
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#35 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'll pile on the praise for Nier. It's got some drawbacks, but its a very well done story, with excellent music, and decent to great gameplay (and even some really old-school gameplay mechanics....). at 15 bucks, it's a steal.

#36 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

Nier is a love it or hate it type of game.

Now personally I loved Nier to death and it was my 2nd favorite game last year, just short to Just Cause 2. Great story, excellent soundtrack, and a fun time.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#37 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

soundtrack is great ;) spooky chic weird language type operaish
i really wish they had an option to skip the audio everytime you start the game.
my kids can only hear so much cursing from a hot chic before they start to emulate her, and when the game starts with a tirrage of f-bombs the moment it loads up...

That scared the crap out of me when I first loaded up the game. I wasn't expecting that.

Considering it is an M rated game, it only goes in once everyone goes to bed anyways.
Posted Image

#38 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Wow someone else around here that doesn't like the game, I also played the game and though it has some good parts like music and SOME characters but the flaws far outweighs them. The story is just bad, they try to throw these emotional twists at you but it doesn't work because a) you don't care about half of these characters because b) there really wasn't any real back story or any kind of personal plot connections to the characters. For a game that boasts story it does little to really sell it considering the endings have no closure since they are so short(was that a spoiler?) and a lot of things just sort of happen. To this day I still don't understand what half of the plot was or why someone stole my kid(okay now that was a spoiler, woops!), the only real plot development they worked on was for the heroine guy (Kaine) but most of it is text which is a damn shame. I will end on a good note with the music which is indeed very well done(good vocals and very epic), it's an old fashioned hack and slash like the ps and ps2 days (remember Brave Fencer Musashi but less as good) and there are some parts of the game that are very classy and fun but then they are some very bland ones as well. You can see that this game was made on a small budget so I guess you can say this is a very cheap game :D... ill go bak to my hole now

Okay, from one person who didn't like the game to another. I'm going to have to tell you why your kid was kidnapped. For everyone who has not beaten the game, do NOT click these spoilers. They ruin everything.

Spoiler

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#39 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

$15 is pretty cheap, but I know I won't play it before black friday. I'll gamble that it will still be available then for $10.

#40 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

This was definitely among the best RPGs of last year. The story is rather complicated, and a quick thumb through the translated Grimoire Nier book is going to be needed to fully understand it, but it's not like that's really a hindrance. The soundtrack is excellent. It is very unique, and definitely a high point.

On the lows, the character models look dated, and the combat can get button-mashy. These, of course, pale in comparison to what it does right.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0