Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3647 replies to this topic

#3601 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

picked up

rage
bulletstorm le
batman with robin download
mass effect 2 at best buy for 21.59

traded batman in for 23 they tried to make me get the card and would of got the card for 15 but pass ... was a cute chic there but for the love of god she cant do simple math :)

i had to do the transaction 3 times

first time she goes 23 but if you get the card it will pump it up to higher price and after card i would get 22 dont ask me how she got these numbers so she did the card and said i would have 15 left so i told her to forget it and redid it all and ended up with no card and 23 in credit

card isnt worth 7 bucks too me

you need just one more trade like you made or a few used game purchases to have made it worth it in the next year.

#3602 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

picked up

rage
bulletstorm le
batman with robin download
mass effect 2 at best buy for 21.59

traded batman in for 23 they tried to make me get the card and would of got the card for 15 but pass ... was a cute chic there but for the love of god she cant do simple math :)

i had to do the transaction 3 times

first time she goes 23 but if you get the card it will pump it up to higher price and after card i would get 22 dont ask me how she got these numbers so she did the card and said i would have 15 left so i told her to forget it and redid it all and ended up with no card and 23 in credit

card isnt worth 7 bucks too me

Also, as I mentioned before, you could have made out better with the 30% pre-order promo for B:AC... I assume that you got the 3 for extra $10 promo for the other games.

#3603 M00seKnuckle

M00seKnuckle

really cheap, like dirt cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

I traded in 3 games today, Batman AC being one of them. I took advantage of the trade 3 and purchase Street Fighter X Tekken promos along with the PUR card, Batman AC got me 32.20 trade in.

to be the best, you've got to be the best?

#3604 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

That HAS to be Revelations.

It has to be. They bumped up Black Ops to $15 base recently after it got down to $8 or $9, but I just can't see them bumping up AC:Bro to $17...

#3605 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

It has to be. They bumped up Black Ops to $15 base recently after it got down to $8 or $9, but I just can't see them bumping up AC:Bro to $17...

Maybe it's a reaction to the hype for the new ACIII game? Seems unlikely... but maybe...

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#3606 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't think there will be a price drop for at least a year. If there is a drop, it won't be noticeable, but instead just be a game/memory card pack in for the same $250-$300 price.

At least a year? Yea right, I give it 5-8 months tops. First off Sony has a bad past with handhelds(The PSP did ok and the GO was just a major flop). 2nd off Black Friday is about 8 months away and if we don't see a drop before BF, then you know around BF there will be a awesome drop and/or bundle that will try to give it a good push to get it in more users hands before Christmas.

Whats the TIV of a PSP 3000? Any way to score extra credit?

#3607 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I rarely play any video games anymore and buying that card for 15 is still one of the best values in all of videogameland.

I totally agree...just for the magazine even. If you like games, I don't get see why you wouldn't enjoy a monthly videogame magazine, which is actually the best one out there imo.

#3608 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Also, as I mentioned before, you could have made out better with the 30% pre-order promo for B:AC... I assume that you got the 3 for extra $10 promo for the other games.

of the games they offered for the 30% add on there was nothing i needed

also how the hell is gamestop getting all of these hot chics working for them
WOOOO I STINK

#3609 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Has anyone purchase Rage, Batman, and one other and traded them in from BB to GS? I'm being inquisitive if people have been doing this a lot lately as GS management has sent out emails about a high amount of trade-ins lately.

#3610 yesidoknow

yesidoknow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

I only put 5 towards a game and got the preorder bonus, The 30% percent on batman alone would have covered that.

#3611 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Has anyone purchase Rage, Batman, and one other and traded them in from BB to GS? I'm being inquisitive if people have been doing this a lot lately as GS management has sent out emails about a high amount of trade-ins lately.

As of today base
(I trade in yesterday a hour before closing)
Batman AC $23
Rage $7
Mass Effect 2 $8

Im confused? How is everyone flipping Batman AC many times like within 3+ transactions at different Gamestops? Dont they ask for ID when trading?
Cant Gamestop ban you if they notice a pattern of the games being trading in at 3 or more gamestops?

#3612 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hot chicks???? my 4 gamestops have mostly dudes and maybe like 2 chicks (not hot, but big boned) in one store.

#3613 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

As of today base
(I trade in yesterday a hour before closing)
Batman AC $23
Rage $7
Mass Effect 2 $8

Im confused? How is everyone flipping Batman AC many times like within 3+ transactions at different Gamestops? Dont they ask for ID when trading?
Cant Gamestop ban you if they notice a pattern of the games being trading in at 3 or more gamestops?

You can trade in multiples of the same game with proof of purchase. I can't see how they can ban someone trading in a product, nothing is shady about it.

NO ID is required when receiving credit/gift cards for the trade in.

#3614 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

o well too late now (could always go back buy another mag for 6 and buy the games again to flip but not worth the time or hassle)

i figure spent around 21.50 for 4 gamest at best buy..

got 23 for batman and maybe 10 each out of the other 3 on ebay try to sell them new sealed for 10 would be 30 make a quick 30 bucks if i knew rage and mass got 7 each i would of just tossed them to gamestop crap :(

lot of hot asian here locally mostly at the mall

anyone want to offer anything for ROBIN DLC

Edited by slidecage, 08 March 2012 - 10:23 PM.

WOOOO I STINK

#3615 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

...I can't see how they can ban someone trading in a product, nothing is shady about it...

You have a pretty nice DM and managers that work around yours. Don't jinx it.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#3616 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

You have a pretty nice DM and managers that work around yours. Don't jinx it.

I confuse...

Work around what?

#3617 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hot chicks???? my 4 gamestops have mostly dudes and maybe like 2 chicks (not hot, but big boned) in one store.

understand, a chick who isnt ugly and games immediately jumps up a few points in the hotness scale, especially when compared to the "hot" girls who think video games are for nerds and sounds just as dumb as every girl that Barney gets with in How I met Your Mother.

#3618 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

You can trade in multiples of the same game with proof of purchase. I can't see how they can ban someone trading in a product, nothing is shady about it.

NO ID is required when receiving credit/gift cards for the trade in.

Well I guess it depends in what state. All 4 Gamestops in my area ask for ID. I live in Maryland.

I understand this is a good way to get a $60 or $80 game, but maybe some people want to keep these games? ( Im keeping all 3 games BTW)

#3619 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

understand, a chick who isnt ugly and games immediately jumps up a few points in the hotness scale, especially when compared to the "hot" girls who think video games are for nerds and sounds just as dumb as every girl that Barney gets with in How I met Your Mother.

I didnt say ugly. I was just saying that in my area I havent had that luck in my Gamestop stores. The one chick is kinda cute, but I agree we all have different scales.

#3620 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

I confuse...

Work around what?

At your Gamestops.

#3621 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

At your Gamestops.

I'm not picking up what you're putting down though. You state my managers are nice... based on what though?

#3622 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I dubbed the term "gamestop hot" a few years ago for the women you describe.

#3623 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Based on not banning folks for trading in more than two of the same items per console. Folks around here have been banned for less. Their rants are kinda funny too.

#3624 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Based on not banning folks for trading in more than two of the same items per console. Folks around here have been banned for less. Their rants are kinda funny too.

Ah gotcha. I never said I did that, just stating official policy that it IS allowed with proof of purchase.

#3625 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well I guess it depends in what state. All 4 Gamestops in my area ask for ID. I live in Maryland.

I understand this is a good way to get a $60 or $80 game, but maybe some people want to keep these games? ( Im keeping all 3 games BTW)

I live in MD too (B'more metro area) and have never been asked for ID. Not when using my CCs, not when buying MA rated games and never when trading games. We're talking about 2 dozen GS stores in and around the beltway.

#3626 NeverGrewUp

NeverGrewUp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Completely agree with this. Ran in last night and not only was there one girl attractive in one way, blonde/blue eyed/sizable rack but there another girl there attractive in the opposite way. Black Hair/blue eyes/ tight clothes on her tone body

I put in an application right then and there.

#3627 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Completely agree with this. Ran in last night and not only was there one girl attractive in one way, blonde/blue eyed/sizable rack but there another girl there attractive in the opposite way. Black Hair/blue eyes/ tight clothes on her tone body

I put in an application right then and there.

NeverGrewUp/slidecage, where the hell do you guys live? I'm at major metro area and only 1 "gamestop hot" sited with years of trading.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#3628 NeverGrewUp

NeverGrewUp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

NeverGrewUp/slidecage, where the hell do you guys live? I'm at major metro area and only 1 "gamestop hot" sited with years of trading.

Scottsdale, AZ. and they completely carried on their conversation about Mass Effect 3 story/gameplay while i stood there just soaking it in. Im pretty sure i'd get the same feeling going to a strip club.

#3629 yesidoknow

yesidoknow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

I dubbed the term "gamestop hot" a few years ago for the women you describe.

The newest gamestop around my area has a pretty hot red head that works there. THe other two stores, not so much.

#3630 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Scottsdale, AZ. and they completely carried on their conversation about Mass Effect 3 story/gameplay while i stood there just soaking it in. Im pretty sure i'd get the same feeling going to a strip club.

I might have to make the drive from Tucson... lol
i traded in B:AC and price still holding! yay. Not going nuts but glad i was able to trade in and get a mint-used copy of Skyrim. the Gamestop clerk was nice enough to even search through the other used copies to make sure mine came with the map so I'm not missing anything. Kudos to him sir.
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :
690874.png