Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3647 replies to this topic

#3631 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

This will be a helpful post:

Batman: AC - $23 (:360: and :ps3:)

:roll:

At least I'm finally out of @Gamer coupons--never before have I bought then traded more than 5 copies of the same game within the same week...and it will probably (read: hopefully) never happen again. :drool:

Having $130 in GS credit is nice, though. :D

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3632 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

And gamers wonder why they've been stereotyped. :/
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#3633 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Based on not banning folks for trading in more than two of the same items per console. Folks around here have been banned for less. Their rants are kinda funny too.

A lot of the bans are actually initiated by a local manager. If an employee transforms into a JR detective and looks up the PUR then yep you're cooked.

#3634 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

A lot of the bans are actually initiated by a local manager. If an employee transforms into a JR detective and looks up the PUR then yep you're cooked.

He's well known in my area, he lives not far from me. Every manager up to the DM knows him by name, especially near where he lives.

#3635 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

This will be a helpful post:

Batman: AC - $23 (:360: and :ps3:)

:roll:

At least I'm finally out of @Gamer coupons--never before have I bought then traded more than 5 copies of the same game within the same week...and it will probably (read: hopefully) never happen again. :drool:

Having $130 in GS credit is nice, though. :D

Agreed.

I've never flipped so many of the same game to GS in a week out of fear of ban. The credit is nice. I'm within striking distance of the vita. Probably won't spend it on that though, but nice to have the option.

I'm actually looking to flip back to BB since my laptop kicked the bucket. Haven't found a decent one yet.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#3636 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

got 2k sports combo pack for $22 good deal (batman trade ins)
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3637 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Does anybody know the TIV of the white psp go?

#3638 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Traded 2 Batmans today... Instead of the 30% boost for preordering res evil raccoon city, it gave me a $5 bump on both games. I have no idea. It cost me a little, but the dude doing the trade was new and I had already flustered him with the fat Xbox trade, PUR renewal, sealed trade games (the manager that I'm friends with was there and had ok'd it, but the new dude didn't know). It was a bit of a fiasco.

#3639 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Does anybody know the TIV of the white psp go?

PSP-1000 and the GO are both $20. I asked the other day when trading in batman. With the bonus trade in, you get a whopping $45 for each! Not even worth your trip to sears clearance. :)

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#3640 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

PSP-1000 and the GO are both $20. I asked the other day when trading in batman. With the bonus trade in, you get a whopping $45 for each! Not even worth your trip to sears clearance. :)

Haha I figured people who know the reason I was asking

According to the BB website the value there is $70, figured it would be closer at gamestop but goddamn that crappy.

#3641 phillip969

phillip969

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Do you think GS is going to drop the TIV on Batman? I mean at this point they have to be swimming in those things.

#3642 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

3/8 TIVs

X360
Darksiders - 4.00
Crackdown 2 - 4.00
Lego Star Wars 3 - 7.00

aaaand of course Batman AC but we already know that.

#3643 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

NeverGrewUp/slidecage, where the hell do you guys live? I'm at major metro area and only 1 "gamestop hot" sited with years of trading.

fort wayne the one i saw today was at the mall

then there is another one at jefferson point i think is a manager or something ...

would of asked the one out at the mall today but i would had no chance :)
WOOOO I STINK

#3644 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Traded in Today -

(360) - COD: Modern Warfare 3 - $25

(Wii) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $20

#3645 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

Based on not banning folks for trading in more than two of the same items per console. Folks around here have been banned for less. Their rants are kinda funny too.

So what happens when they ban someone? Do they let them know when they are trading in? What happens to the credit they accumulated?

Asking because I saw the same guy at 2 different gamestops trading in 2-3 copies of Batman AC. I was hunting down a used MGS 3D.
Posted Image

#3646 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

So what happens when they ban someone? Do they let them know when they are trading in? What happens to the credit they accumulated?

Asking because I saw the same guy at 2 different gamestops trading in 2-3 copies of Batman AC. I was hunting down a used MGS 3D.

Ask Iamthecheapestgamer or Velo214, those are the two CAG's that post the most I've seen that have been banned by a Gamestop.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3647 rightously alive

rightously alive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have a question. If I wanted to trade in some games and leave the credit on my card for future use Will I still get the percentage trade in bonus when I apply it to a new release game?? For example. They're offering 30% bonus towards the purchase of ME3

#3648 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have a question. If I wanted to trade in some games and leave the credit on my card for future use Will I still get the percentage trade in bonus when I apply it to a new release game?? For example. They're offering 30% bonus towards the purchase of ME3

Once it's on your card, no more bonuses towards credit will apply. Those promos are for trading in games on the same transaction as the purchase.

Updated lists and database. The sheer number of B:AC at my local stores is just mind boggling. Even with the local DM not accepting trades of the game, each store is overloaded. Three stores have to have around 50 copies per system at least. That's just the ones they have out on the shelves, makes me wonder how many they may have behind the counter or in the back.

In the next 10 minutes or so I'm going to be rolling over to a new thread. This one got much larger than I normally like it to get. Will update this post or post the last item in the thread with the link to the new one.

New thread here:http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=9443692

Edited by JP, 09 March 2012 - 02:17 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.