Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3647 replies to this topic

#31 knockq0ut

knockq0ut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

:360: Left 4 Dead 2: $12
:360: Halo 3: $2
:360: Bioshock 2: $3
:360: Grand Theft Auto IV: $8
:360: Fallout 3: $3

#32 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

New Trade-in promos should be starting tomorrow and lasting until about Sept 11th:

Extra 30% trade-in credit with these pre-orders or purchase

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 3
COD MW3
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Gears of War 3
Madden 2012
Rage
Uncharted 3

#33 thugnificent9949

thugnificent9949

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)

Is this the definite timeline because i would like to take advantage of this promotion but will not be able to do so by the posted date?

#34 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Okay! I've yet to pay off Batman or Assassin's, so that gives me a two times I can do that, guaranteed. But now I'm thinking about not paying them off in full that way I can take advantage of this several times.

#35 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

If I recall correctly, someone posted a couple weeks ago that they were not allowed to trade in two 360s in the same transaction.

If not, you could wait until the extra $40 trade in (not just for new hardware) starts and trade in both (each at a different time if necessary), but if you were using it for new hardware, you'd be getting $10 less for each...

anyone know if they'll give me trouble if I try to trade 2 Xbox 360s in towards the bonus $50 deal? one has a disc tray problem, will that make it ineligible for the bonus?

#36 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

It's already been extended, and from what I read awhile back by another CAG, that usually means it doesn't get extended a third time.

Total speculation on my part though (based upon that previous post)...

JP could probably answer definitively.

Is this the definite timeline because i would like to take advantage of this promotion but will not be able to do so by the posted date?

#37 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

I stopped in my store in the mall today and they were doing the bonus 50% trade in. I talked a while with the manager, and finally figured out the mystery of random differences between stores:

The stores doing the 50% bonus this weekend are stores that are close in proximity to a Best Buy.

I guess it's their way of trying to compete with all the trades BB is getting. He also told me that they are going to be doing a different promo every single weekend, however he doesn't know what the promo will be usually until that Friday.

Also, some values:

:360:
Bulletstorm - $9
The First Templar - $10
Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - $16
Fantastic Pets - $16
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do - $16
Dance Central - $20

#38 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to the Wii tomorrow. It's been fun but I just formatted and boxed it.

#39 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

If I recall correctly, someone posted a couple weeks ago that they were not allowed to trade in two 360s in the same transaction.

If not, you could wait until the extra $40 trade in (not just for new hardware) starts and trade in both (each at a different time if necessary), but if you were using it for new hardware, you'd be getting $10 less for each...

yeah I was thinking about just waiting, especially since I intend on returning the NEW 360 I get off these two, and sitting on the credit until black friday or when a holiday bundle is announced, or they include another giftcard with purchase or anything. But I have a feeling the 360 trade in value is gonna drop tomorrow...

#40 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

I stopped in my store in the mall today and they were doing the bonus 50% trade in. I talked a while with the manager, and finally figured out the mystery of random differences between stores:

The stores doing the 50% bonus this weekend are stores that are close in proximity to a Best Buy.

I guess it's their way of trying to compete with all the trades BB is getting. He also told me that they are going to be doing a different promo every single weekend, however he doesn't know what the promo will be usually until that Friday.

Also, some values:

:360:
Bulletstorm - $9
The First Templar - $10
Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - $16
Fantastic Pets - $16
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do - $16
Dance Central - $20

Not true as only 2 of 10 the stores in my area have the 50% bonus and there are 4 stores that are by BBY.

#41 terb73

terb73

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Just got back from Gamestop and wanted to pass along a nice little fact here. If you get the ps3 bundle with infamous 2, you can trade Infamous 2 back into Gamestop on the spot. The employee actually let me use the trade in towards the purchase of the bundle. With the current trade specials running, Infamous trades in for 40 bucks! That means you are basically paying 10 extra dollars to get the 320 GB instead of the 160 GB!

#42 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

You know what? Before I bought a Wii at a sale I saw Wii games all the time. I bought the Wii, and knowing I'd have to sit on it for awhile to wait for a trade deal, I figured I'd be able to pick up some games and play it. I have not found a single Wii game since, and somehow I just know I'll start finding them en mass once I sell it.

#43 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hmm, hadn't thought about them lowering the trade in value of the 360 in the near future.

Might have to rethink whether or not to trade into today for new hardware or not...

yeah I was thinking about just waiting, especially since I intend on returning the NEW 360 I get off these two, and sitting on the credit until black friday or when a holiday bundle is announced, or they include another giftcard with purchase or anything. But I have a feeling the 360 trade in value is gonna drop tomorrow...

#44 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

Not true as only 2 of 10 the stores in my area have the 50% bonus and there are 4 stores that are by BBY.

Really? There are 4 stores by your Best Buy? I find that hard to believe. There are 3 stores within a few miles of each other near mine, but only the one that is RIGHT next to the Best Buy is having the promo.

This was told to me from the manager of the store which came right from the district manager. It's up to the DM's discretion which stores do the promos and which don't, and it seems as though "nearby competition" is a big factor right now.

#45 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

PS3:
Infamous 2 - $25
Mass Effect 2 - $20

Wii:
Super Mario Bros Wii - $22
Wii Classic Controller - $4.50
Wii Motion Plus $2.00
Wii Zapper - $2.00

Multi-system component cable - $3.50

#46 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Anyone know how much they take off of a 360 trade in that doesn't include a controller?

#47 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Really? There are 4 stores by your Best Buy? I find that hard to believe. There are 3 stores within a few miles of each other near mine, but only the one that is RIGHT next to the Best Buy is having the promo.

This was told to me from the manager of the store which came right from the district manager. It's up to the DM's discretion which stores do the promos and which don't, and it seems as though "nearby competition" is a big factor right now.

The location next to our Best Buy here in town is doing it as well, and thats what the manager told me as well.

#48 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Anyone know how much they take off of a 360 trade in that doesn't include a controller?

they won't take it in at all, but they may allow you to buy a controller from them so you can trade it in.

they will probably deduct that cost from the trade in transaction and cost depends on whichever controller they have/you buy.

#49 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

I think the closest BB from me is so far away that even if there is a GS by it, the gas would offset the bonus compared to just doing the 30% tomorrow.

Yep. Whenever I've traded a system without a controller, they charge me for a controller.

#50 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Check out Columbus, oh. There's grove city, Tuttle, high St. (Kingston plaza) and Easton. There's also one mor but its about 30 minutes out of my way. All have BB within a few miles of GS. most are across the street.

#51 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#52 LordSMVS

LordSMVS

I-I-[SMVS]-I-I

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Aug 21
Wii
Pikmin NPC - 7

#53 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

The GS in Union City, CA is participating in the 50% trade-in bonus.

8/21 TIVs

:ps3: Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $14
:ps3: Infamous 2 $25
:wii: Punch-Out $9
:ds: Mario Kart $17

Total after 50% bonus + 10% powerup = $104 :)

Edited by kk012, 21 August 2011 - 11:05 PM.
added TIVs

#54 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

I wanted to ask before Intrade these tomorrow. Are any of these worth anything?

:ps2:
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3 with soundtrack
Red Dead Revolver
Killzone

All are in great condition with manual. RDR and Killzonebare GH but the rest are black label. Outbreak has a small tear in the plastic on the spine.

#55 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Would the 50$ (Or the upcoming 40$ Console trade bonus), qualify toward a pre-order? Was gonna trade in my 360 Core console towards the Gears of War 3 Bundle Console
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

All xbox 360

Terminator Salvation - $4.00
Gears of War - $2.00
Gears of War 2 - $5.00
Microphone - $2.00
Chat pad only - $5.00
HDMI cable - $5.00

My store had signs up for bonus 50% trade in for all used games. I used the $10 bonus though. Didn't see a date on the sign itself, and asked the guy when it lasted through, and he said through september.

Also, the d-bag tried to give me a refurb fee on both gears (i think its becuase he really tried to push pre-order of gears 3 which i declined multiple times before hand). I pointed out I purchased both of those 2 games directly from them (they still had stickers on them too) and that I would just hold onto them if I was going to be charged the refurb fee. So he agreed not to charge it.

Edited by jdb230, 21 August 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#57 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

The current $50 bonus will not go towards a pre-order, but the $40 can towards anything you want.

#58 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

can we trade a console in for the $50 bonus and return it? i really don't need anymore hardware.

#59 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

My base earnings today. Values are the same as already listed unless otherwise noted.

Xbox 360:
BioShock - $2.50
Mass Effect 2 - $7
Lord of the Rings Conquest - $8
Halo 3 - $2

PS3:
Folklore - $5

Wii:
Red Steel 2 - $6

DS:
Rhythm Heaven - $3 (Down from $5)
Chrono Trigger - $8 (Up from $7)

PSP:
Final Fantasy Tactics - $3 (Down from $5)
God of War: Chains of Olympus - $3 (Down from $5)
Crisis Core: FF7 - $3
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $3

Edited by Hyperlancer, 22 August 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#60 shytface

shytface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

can we trade a console in for the $50 bonus and return it? i really don't need anymore hardware.

I was able to, probably YMMV, might depend on the cashier.