Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/21/11 to 8/27/11)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#31 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Wouldn't bad if they dropped the price of the DSi and XL along with the 3DS. Even with a gift card I can't justify a DSi at $150 when a 3DS is just a little more. And yes, I know, that's just what Nintendo wants.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#32 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Good deal on DOA. Is Punch Time Explosion any good?

From the videos I've seen it looks like a frustrating game to play but if you are looking for filler till ssb 3d comes out (I know I am) this could do the trick for the right price. I'll consider it for less than 20
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

So you can get zelda for 10 with a 3ds purchase ? I would jump on that if I didn't have a 3ds already

Edited by strait edge follower, 19 August 2011 - 08:30 PM.

Currently playing

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:

#34 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

These guys really want me to give up my Mario XL. They can't have it!
Posted Image

#35 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

LALALALA...........LAME! Seriously there hasn't been very many good deals these past few weeks.

#36 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

No mention of Deus Ex?

#37 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Gears Triple pack might be worth picking up.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#38 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Cool, I'll be picking up RE: Mercenaries then.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

LALALALA...........LAME! Seriously there hasn't been very many good deals these past few weeks.

It's the calm before the storm (the fall game season) just wait and deals will be flying all over the place
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#40 FinalTriggerX

FinalTriggerX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hm... Thinking about DoA and/or Shadow Wars since I picked up a 3DS this past week.
Posted Image

#41 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Can't believe there's no Deus Ex deal. Would have picked up a Augmented X360 version to compliment my $28 PC copy, had there been a $20 giftcard.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#42 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

No mention of Deus Ex?

It didn't have a deal so I didn't list it. Just the pre-order bonus.

From BestBuy.com

Free Tactical Enhancement Pack with Deus Ex: Human Revolution

To survive in a dystopian world where humans are being mechanically augmented into super-enhanced beings, you might need some extra firepower. That's where this special launch offer comes in.

Just order Deus Ex: Human Revolutionfor Xbox 360, PS3 or PC, and you'll get a code in-pack to unlock the Huntsman Silverback shotgun and the Longsword Whisperhead (SERSR) sniper rifle. They'll come in handy in a game that offers a perfect mix of action and role-playing, combining action-packed close-quarters takedowns with intense shooting.

#43 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hm... Thinking about DoA and/or Shadow Wars since I picked up a 3DS this past week.

If you love xcom get shadow wars (those guys made this game). Even if you haven't played xcom you still get it ! I haven't been able to put the game down. I haven't played dead or alive 3d though do I can't say I recomend it or not
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#44 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Keep in mind people that Brink is $29.99 :360::ps3: and $19.99 :pc:. The price drop went even lower before Best Buy had the chance to fix their ad for this upcoming week.

and HELL YEAH I'm picking up RE: Mercenaries for that price!
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#45 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

you must not have been interested in the deals that stacked or missed them altogether. This was like the only 2nd week in the past 2 months that there wasn't a good deal.

Gears Triple pack might be worth picking up.

That $20 off @gamer coupon is still in effect. So you'd only be paying for the $5 pre-order.

Can't believe there's no Deus Ex deal. Would have picked up a Augmented X360 version to compliment my $28 PC copy, had there been a $20 giftcard.

there's no way they'd give a $20 gc on that game only truly AAA titles get that much. Best chance is to try to pm the target $10 gc to make the game $50 & the $10 pre-order.

#46 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hey, if Amazon matches the $20 3DS games, you might be able to get them for free if you held on to the Zelda half-off credit.

I used mine to get Lego Star Wars and it took $20 off a sale price, so I got it for $10. Unless they fixed it, it's half-off the MSRP and not half-off the price match.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Don't get too greedy with the deus ex gift card. I'll take any gift card they give me (its not like retailers have to do it) just be thankfull that your next target purchase will be less after you get the card
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#48 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

In for Resident Evil Mercenaries if at $20. Good time to buy a 3DS, tons of games on sale lately at $20 or less.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#49 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

In for DOA and RE Mercenaries. I've been looking to get some more 3DS games besides just Ocarina of Time. Might wait a couple of days and see if Amazon will price match however.

523546.png

#50 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

I'm definitely going to grab DOA at that price! :D
Posted Image

#51 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Dagnabbit! The new Wii Greatest Hits don't come out until the following Sunday!

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#52 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Damn. I would have went for Deus Ex 3 if they had offered something more than just the pre-order bonus.

#53 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

there's no way they'd give a $20 gc on that game only truly AAA titles get that much. Best chance is to try to pm the target $10 gc to make the game $50 & the $10 pre-order.

For those with frys around them, u can pm @ $50 plus the $10 preorder.

#54 goober3

goober3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Could I do the bonus 40% trade in credit toward AC: Revelations, get AC: Brotherhood for $20, then cancel the pre-order later?

#55 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

might be picking up Mercenaries...

#56 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

Huh, now I've got a decision to make: What to buy with my birthday $5 reward certificate before it expires on 8/27...?

DOA: Dimensions
RE: Mercenaries 3D
Unknown (BR+DVD+Digital Copy)--on sale for $14.99 the same week

The first two would be $14.99 AC before applying tax, while the third would be $9.99 AC before tax.

I'm not much of a fan of fighters, as I can never dedicate enough time and patience to get the most out of them, but I liked playing the DOA:D demo. My only concern is that since I'm more of a single-player gamer, I wouldn't get as much out of DOA:D as I'd like...

I wasn't even considering Mercenaries until I read all of the replies saying $20 is an awesome price for it; after doing some more research, it sounds like a pseudo (and I mean very loosely pseudo) Dynasty/Samurai Warriors in that you replay levels to increase your characters' skills, which only entices me further. The only drawback I can think of is that the lack of a story might affect my enjoyment, but given that I enjoy games like Contra 4, that might not be an issue.

I very much enjoyed Unknown, but I think Taken (which I already own) is a superior movie and as such, buying the former wouldn't be the best choice.

Any thoughts? They'd be greatly appreciated. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#57 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

For those with frys around them, u can pm @ $50 plus the $10 preorder.

Come to think of it, this $50 gives 100 RZ points (new gamer's club double points - equivalent to $2), plus 1/3 of the bonus 500 RZGC points or ~$3. So, it's like getting Deus Ex for $35+tax on release day. I'm good with that! :)

#58 Denebswift

Denebswift

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

If you log into the RZ site, there's an ad saying that DE3 gets a 500pt ($10) coupon with preorder. PC, Xbox, PS3.

#59 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Come to think of it, this $50 gives 100 RZ points (new gamer's club double points - equivalent to $2), plus 1/3 of the bonus 500 RZGC points or ~$3. So, it's like getting Deus Ex for $35+tax on release day. I'm good with that! :)

Yeah, with the 2X points + 25% bonus points I've been stacking game purchases up before the 9/12 change to bad there hasn't been alot out except for the b2g1. Hopefully, they add more perks to the new program besides what's been announced

#60 Funkenstein91

Funkenstein91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Hopefully Amazon will match Resident Evil for $20. I have a some Amazon credit and not a whole lot of cash atm.