Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/21/11 to 8/27/11)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#61 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

From the videos I've seen it looks like a frustrating game to play but if you are looking for filler till ssb 3d comes out (I know I am) this could do the trick for the right price. I'll consider it for less than 20

I'd say no. It's more side-scrolling fighter than SSBB IMMO. Plus it takes forever to unlock interesting characters.

#62 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

I wouldn't touch mercenaries with a 10 foot pole with that nasty drm they put in it. You can't delete your save data so you have no option but to play it once and not be able to start again lots of people who are getting it have no idea of this which is a shame. Bad milkcom, very bad
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#63 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Do we know if that $20 off Sims 3 is for the PC? Let's hope, as I can use my $10 off @Gamer coupon and get it for $9.99.

#64 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

I'd say no. It's more side-scrolling fighter than SSBB IMMO. Plus it takes forever to unlock interesting characters.

Yea the character unlocking sucks really bad. You have to unlock them twice. To get them for mp you need to win over 70 online matches total and for single player you have to Beat that half assed looking subspace missionary with the regular characters. Who came up with that dumb idea ?
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#65 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well, looks like I can finally offload my unused DSi now. Will be preordering Battlefield 3 and picking up RE: Mercenaries. Might pick up Shadow Wars as well for some play time with the bro for the 11-hour car ride that night.

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#66 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

I bought Dead or Alive on 8/10 for $40 at Best Buy. I still have the receipt. If I bring the receipt into the store will they give me back the difference? I have some sort of 30 day price match, right?

#67 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

I bought Dead or Alive on 8/10 for $40 at Best Buy. I still have the receipt. If I bring the receipt into the store will they give me back the difference?

They should do the price ajustment for you
Currently playing

#68 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hopefully Amazon will match Resident Evil for $20. I have a some Amazon credit and not a whole lot of cash atm.

Too bad AMZ doesn't sell BB gc's like they do for target & GS.

Do we know if that $20 off Sims 3 is for the PC? Let's hope, as I can use my $10 off @Gamer coupon and get it for $9.99.

if so that'll mean all the coupons this month stacked

I bought Dead or Alive on 8/10 for $40 at Best Buy. I still have the receipt. If I bring the receipt into the store will they give me back the difference? I have some sort of 30 day price match, right?

yep, 30 days or 45 for RZ silver members.

#69 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thanks a lot.

#70 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

Damn that's a great price for DOAD and RE Mercenaries! Sucks I just picked DOAD up this past week at Gamestop, but I might snag Mercenaries at that price.

#71 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Looks interesting to me...

Games My life..8.gif

#72 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Anyone have any opinions on the Rocketfish 3DS kit? I did see one review on a tech site, but figured maybe someone around here has tried one?

I wanted to get the 3DS Executive Case, but this has some cool things with it and is at an okay price, so I am considering it.

#73 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

So you can get zelda for 10 with a 3ds purchase ? I would jump on that if I didn't have a 3ds already

that's the best deal for zelda if you didn't have a dsl/i/XL to trade in or didn't trade in the week before for GS's promotion.

#74 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

Anyone have any opinions on the Rocketfish 3DS kit? I did see one review on a tech site, but figured maybe someone around here has tried one?

I wanted to get the 3DS Executive Case, but this has some cool things with it and is at an okay price, so I am considering it.

I bought the executive case a few days ago and I really like it.

#75 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

So you can get zelda for 10 with a 3ds purchase ? I would jump on that if I didn't have a 3ds already

I was thinking the exact same thing but I'm not looking to buy a 3ds just yet. It's tempting but I'm hoping there will be better bundle deals come BF.

#76 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

It looks like I'm finally going to pick up Mercenaries. Although I'm dreading the time sink, as a buddy of mine already put in 90 hours into that game.

#77 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Mercenaries is a definite buy for me at $20, even with the bad reviews.

#78 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

I was thinking about preordering Gear of War 3 and since I have the $20 off Gears triple might as well go ahead preorder.

#79 AC2k8

AC2k8

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Does anyone know what kinda of adjustment Best Buy would do if you used a reward certificate to buy a game then it was on sale the following week?

#80 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

So I bought Mercs during Amazon's handheld sale for $30. Do they have any kind of price adjustment service for things you already bought or do I need to just return it? I also assume I'd have to pay for shipping if that were the case...

#81 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

I was thinking about preordering Gear of War 3 and since I have the $20 off Gears triple might as well go ahead preorder.

Hey, how can you say no to a free game & the pre-order is refundable. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=298145

Does anyone know what kinda of adjustment Best Buy would do if you used a reward certificate to buy a game then it was on sale the following week?

The points are refunded to your account...
If you buy a $60 game paid $20 cash/$20 gc/$20 RZ cert & the game goes on sale for $30 they'd refund $20 worth of RZ points & give you a $10 gc back.
Basically they refund in order RZ cert 1st, gc & finally cash.

#82 TMD121

TMD121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

I heard Punch Time Explosion was OK, but not as good as it could be. Will be picking that + Dead or Alive Dimensions up for $20 each though.

#83 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

BAM there it is my friends! hehe patience values the fortune. DoA dimensions + Re3 :] all i need now is ocarina of time

#84 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

I didn't expect Bestbuy to have a $20 gc with this game but at least a $10 or $15 gc to match target or something. I know they can't possibly think that the only people that are interested in this game are gamers club members. And I'm sure others don't want to pre-order due to their bad history of Bestbuy selling out their game that they pre-ordered which is unfair.

#85 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

I really think everyone should not buy RE5 Mercenary 3D. Meh, to each his own.

I do plan to get Dead or Alive 3DS Dimension at that price. I like how it bounce from up to down... in price I mean.

#86 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

not cheap enough yet, drop some more Wii bundle!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#87 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:06 AM

Lol, just traded in RE Merc's for 26$ in Best Buy today. And DoA for 22$, gotta love CAG :D.

Sucks that there arent any Deus Ex deals, since i was gonna get it there. Guess ill try to PM someone elses deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

Sounds like the time to pick up DoA. Sweet!

card.png
453976.png

#89 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

I'm in for RE Mercenaries, good thing I procrastinated this week and didn't grab it yet at K-Mart.

#90 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:46 AM

Hmm, no deal on Deus :(, guess I'll try to pm the target deal, thanks for the ad.