Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/21/11 to 8/27/11)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#211 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

Oh Man they specifically told me that BB doesn't pricematch gift cards. My store sucks.

So I don't know where else to post this but I have a question about BB policy. I screwed up and didn't preorder Deus Ex. At Best Buy what are my chances of getting the preorder bonus if I just buy one of the copies they got in the original shipment? I know for some games they just include the little DLC card in every copy of the first shipment.

Dang it I am probably going to have to wait to purchase. I can't justify full price.

#212 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Oh Man they specifically told me that BB doesn't pricematch gift cards. My store sucks.
So I don't know where else to post this but I have a question about BB policy. I screwed up and didn't preorder Deus Ex. At Best Buy what are my chances of getting the preorder bonus if I just buy one of the copies they got in the original shipment? I know for some games they just include the little DLC card in every copy of the first shipment.
Dang it I am probably going to have to wait to purchase. I can't justify full price.

Policy used to allow the gc amount to be deducted from the $60 but they changed it in July, but if your BB has been doing it they'll probably continue to. I always tell them "I rather spend @ BB or that the others stores gc wouldn't really work for me b/c I shop here so much plus I'm RZ silver".

You won't get the $10 pre-order bonus unless there was a pc error preventing the store from taking them or something like that but the codes n stuff just check the game case. Look for little stickers with details about the bonus my BB's don't pull reg. versions of games.

This game will be $40 w/i 30-45 days so you'll be able to pm it down if you really want to play now, if your RZ silver but need extra days return/rebuy. Edit: It's already on sale at Fry's $50

#213 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Quick Enuf go get Best Buy's next weeks ad so we can see if Madden has a deal :3

#214 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Quick Enuf go get Best Buy's next weeks ad so we can see if Madden has a deal :3

the earliest I get my hands on the BB ones are Fri/Sat.

#215 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

That is so weird about the DLC codes inside the game case. Some people are talking about vouchers at BB. And then people are just randomly finding them inside the case.

In any case BB might price match the Fry's sale so that will be a good enough deal for me to bite on this.

Since there weren't any preorders for the game at my Best Buy I will look to see if there is any cases that say anything about the DLC preorder bonus.

#216 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Policy used to allow the gc amount to be deducted from the $60 but they changed it in July, but if your BB has been doing it they'll probably continue to. I always tell them "I rather spend @ BB or that the others stores gc wouldn't really work for me b/c I shop here so much plus I'm RZ silver".

You won't get the $10 pre-order bonus unless there was a pc error preventing the store from taking them or something like that but the codes n stuff just check the game case. Look for little stickers with details about the bonus my BB's don't pull reg. versions of games.

This game will be $40 w/i 30-45 days so you'll be able to pm it down if you really want to play now, if your RZ silver but need extra days return/rebuy. Edit: It's already on sale at Fry's $50

I pm'd Frys for $50 but I paid part of it for $10 shopkick BB cert. If price drops to $40, how can I get back the $10? Is it equivalent to a BB gc so I get a gc?

#217 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hm, does anyone know if TRU was given reprints of certain games recently? I've seen a few copies of Yoshi's Island :ds: at several TRU recently and I thought that was out of print. Was hoping to pair it up with Super Mario All Stars :wii:, but could only find Yoshi's Island. Paired it up with Diddy Kong Racing :ds:(which was also a shock to find). Debating though if $45 is worth it for the 2.

#218 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hm, does anyone know if TRU was given reprints of certain games recently? I've seen a few copies of Yoshi's Island :ds: at several TRU recently and I thought that was out of print. Was hoping to pair it up with Super Mario All Stars :wii:, but could only find Yoshi's Island. Paired it up with Diddy Kong Racing :ds:(which was also a shock to find). Debating though if $45 is worth it for the 2.

It is not. DKR for the DS is pretty awful. Not worth 10 bucks.

#219 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

I pm'd Frys for $50 but I paid part of it for $10 shopkick BB cert. If price drops to $40, how can I get back the $10? Is it equivalent to a BB gc so I get a gc?

$10 back in RZ points

#220 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

$10 back in RZ points

So BB considers sk cert as RZ cert? What if ur not a RZ member?

#221 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

It is not. DKR for the DS is pretty awful. Not worth 10 bucks.

Hm yeah, after looking at some reviews online, it looks like the game is nowhere as good as the N64 version. Guess the hunt for a Super Mario All Stars :wii: to match with Yoshi's Island continues!

#222 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

So BB considers sk cert as RZ cert? What if ur not a RZ member?

My bad wrong type probably just a BB gc then

#223 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

Usually someone has it by Wed. night/Thurs....

I'm also anxiously awaiting to see if BB enters the gc fray with Madden, or offers some kind of other deal. I need to know if I should pre-order another copy or two before the end of the weekend...

#224 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Does the uncharted 2 at bestbuy for 19.99 come with all dlc released to date?

#225 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

So one more question - I just bought a 360 controller @ BB for $50 -- and now Target has them for $40 -- will BB PM that?

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Diablo III   :xb1:

#226 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Does the uncharted 2 at bestbuy for 19.99 come with all dlc released to date?

Yes, it's the GOTY

So one more question - I just bought a 360 controller @ BB for $50 -- and now Target has them for $40 -- will BB PM that?

yes, bring proof + your receipt

#227 hgmk80

hgmk80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Just got deus ex + $10 gc from target and than sold onlive coupon for $30 ebay. Awsome deal :)

#228 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

rats i wnted another DS lite, but the 25 dollar coupon only seems to apply to the XL and DSi

Wonder if they'll do another 89 dollar sale anytime soon

#229 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

after MK's store specific DLC insert cards, I'm not surprised. Also if you check on ebay, ppl are selling the dlc code which seem to be off cards as well.