Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Amazon Deus Ex: Human Evolution now with $20 credit

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

I can post a screenshot with the $20 offer if you guys want. Still have the page open.

Can you please

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#62 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

I can post a screenshot with the $20 offer if you guys want. Still have the page open.

Yes, please.
Posted Image

#63 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hope the link works.

http://imageshack.us...es/30/deu.png/]http://img30.imagesh...30/1057/deu.png[/URL]

#64 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Had a feeling they would do this.

If Amazon was my 1950's girlfriend, I would slap her for doing things like this.

(I hit her to let her know I care)

zantar45.jpg

#65 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Just ordered. It ether be here tomorrow. Got that release date delivery. Right?

#66 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

amazon usually matches other retailers when it comes to credit (like la noire). I'm surprised they didn't ad the extra 10

they usually ignore kmart, though (especially recently when kmart has been spanking them on the deals). sucks, cuz our kmart closed down about 8 years ago :(.

they will NOT accept any evidence. i've tried to get an address where i could send a screen capture from my ps3 (which has no editing tools), but they won't, so that doesn't matter unless you're using it for a court case or something, lol.

also, you can send an email, and they can deny you whatever (the 20$ in this case). 1 minute after reading the resonse, you can send the exact same email (copy/paste. don't reply to that email). go to the 'contact us' button again, and the next CSR approve it.

i've done that until the 3rd one responded. this had to do with the uncharted 2 complete video treasure guide. it ended up being for the 1st 6 treasures only, and they finally gave me an option for 25% off, or send me the code with the 100 treasure video guide (i was already playing it, and the latter option involved me sending back my copy). i took the 25% credit & they gave me 25% off of $60. ended up paying 29$ for uncharted 2 since it had a 10$ credit promo & i payed with credit, and had it locked in from my quick picks at $44.09 or something). LOVE Amazon!

#67 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

amazon usually matches other retailers when it comes to credit (like la noire). I'm surprised they didn't ad the extra 10

They don't recognize Kmart as a threat and I'd tend to agree.

#68 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

So just cancelled when I received the email that said $10. Pfft. Kmart tomorrow

#69 H3xum

H3xum

Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

If anyone has success with the screen shot, please show off the transcript

I just struck out :(

#70 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Just spoke to Customer service he said I should receive the 20 credit if not contact them again....

The waiting game begins

#71 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

They don't recognize Kmart as a threat and I'd tend to agree.

But didn't amazon match kmart when they had 20$ credit for la noire ?amazon raised the la noire credit twice acually.
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#72 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

But didn't amazon match kmart when they had 20$ credit for la noire ?amazon raised the la noire credit twice acually.

Probably completely unrelated. Amazon has done plenty of $20 credits, even before Kmart started trying to compete.

#73 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Just spoke to Customer service he said I should receive the 20 credit if not contact them again....

The waiting game begins

opps first dub post ever..

#74 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Just spoke to CS and he applied the difference in credit to my account.

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#75 H3xum

H3xum

Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Success!

The compromise was they're issuing me a 10 dollar credit right now and then I'll still receive the default 10 tomorrow when it ships.

Score

#76 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Probably completely unrelated. Amazon has done plenty of $20 credits, even before Kmart started trying to compete.

Thats because Amazon also copies Walmart.com and their egift cards.

Amazon has matched Kmart multiple times. The most obvious that I remember was for Castlevania. Nobody else but Kmart had a $20 deal for it until Amazon later matched it. I'm sure theyve matched other deals also.

Remember when Amazon sold games for $56.99 quite often? You know why they don't do that anymore? Because Newegg doesn't do that anymore.

Amazon is awesome no doubt, but they copy everyones deals. Not that I'm complaining about that since they do come up with their own as well at times. Just pointing it out.

#77 Slaylock

Slaylock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Success!

The compromise was they're issuing me a 10 dollar credit right now and then I'll still receive the default 10 tomorrow when it ships.

Score

They gave me the same deal (thanks to the screenshot in this thread). Amazon comes through again.

#78 Azul_KoolAid

Azul_KoolAid

..Making up for lost time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

They gave me the same deal (thanks to the screenshot in this thread). Amazon comes through again.

Can the people who managed to get the $20 credit please post their chat logs?
Posted Image

#79 Link42

Link42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

No dice here, even with the screenshot. Worth a shot though I guess.

#80 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Success!

Score

That's what I got.

#81 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I actually already used my $10 credit on something. Guess I can just cancel my order now.

#82 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

I actually already used my $10 credit on something. Guess I can just cancel my order now.

Amazon actually tracks credit in your account. If you cancel the order they will deduct it from future credit. Happened to me.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#83 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

God... dammit.
I had the Augmented Edntion preordered till last night, when it started shipping so I canceled. They never notified me of any credit, since none was listed I figured all hope was lost.
Just.... god dammit. :lol:

Edit: Looks like this credit was for the standard edition too. I guess we'll see what happens.

Also, why does the Augmented Edition not have Release-Date Shipping anymore, but the standard does?

#84 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Remember those of you on the fence about this game, you can pick the game up at most redboxes tonight at Midnight for $2 a day to see if it is for you!

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#85 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Success!

Score

Woohoo... worked for me too. Just told them that I ordered it with the $20 promo showing and then I saw my order email only had $10. Easy-peezy.
Posted Image

#86 sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

I'm still happy with my $25 pre-order. So far I'm glad nothing has beaten it.

sneakysnake128.png 76561197962245625.png

#87 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'm still happy with my $25 pre-order. So far I'm glad nothing has beaten it.

How the Fuck did you manage to do that?

I'm kind of a big deal...

#88 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I've had the game on preorder since June. I called CS and he confirmed I would get the $20 in credit. It was a little confusing since the PC Augmented Edition is sold out and doesn't list any type of credit at all.

#89 Rattor

Rattor

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I had preordered the game last week, and I did a chat yesterday when it was $20 to make sure I'd be getting the $20 instead of the $10 that was there when I ordered. I was told I would, so I was happy. This morning I saw an email saying I only got $10.

I first did an online chat, and the rep couldn't or wouldn't add the additional $10 credit, but then I asked them to call me, and the rep there fixed it in 2 minutes. I think the phone reps have more power than the chat reps.

#90 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

^ Same problem. I had this game pre-ordered since July 11th, aren't they supposed to give me a $20 promo credit too based on their pre-order guarantee?

Time for another Amazon chat. Sheesh.