Photo
- - - - -

XBLA - Sonic CD - 400 Points - Now Available!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

The XBLA game has tons of improvements, including proper widescreen support, visual filter, US and Japanese soundtracks, the ability to unlock Tails as a playable character, the option of using the Sonic 2 spindash, and Achievements. Also the music loops properly and load times are quicker. Come on now, you really have to ask?

QFT. This is a great value. I bought it even though i have sonic gems collection.

#62 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Never got around to finishing Sonic CD with Gems Collection but with all the updates and achievements I'm finally going to now :p And 500pts for the game, damn thats a good deal!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#63 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

I find it odd that he wanted to put in a cut level. I'm glad Sega told him no. While it would've been nice, it would've been a completely different game at that point.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#64 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

They should have included the cut level as a bonus, not part of the main game. Something you could unlock and then play for fun. That would have been cool.

I ended up buying this for iOS. I haven't decided if I'm going to double-dip or not. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not really sure I need to play it on two platforms. Seems better as a portable game to me, even if the virtual d-pad isn't as good as a real one (but actually it works surprisingly well). Then again, it's only $5 on XBLA, so probably I'll get it. :)

Crunchewy.png

#65 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

Bought it yesterday and finally started playing today. I had no idea what was going on in this game for like 5 levels. Then I realized speed controlled when you teleported and that water is bad in the special stages. Having said that, Fuck the collision detection on those UFOs.

Way bigger levels than 1, 2, and 3. I think it's going to take me a couple play throughs to find all of the robot transporters/Metal Sonics in the past.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#66 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, it's gonna be a bear finding the metal sonics, but it'll be fun.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#67 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

One thing really bothers me about this version of Sonic CD. They increased the amount of time required to send Sonic into the past/future. It really messes with the game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#68 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

FYI this is on PS3 for the same price this week in case you like that controller better (D-pad). I'm going to have all of the Sonics (minus Adventure 1) on PS3 now with their sales this week.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#69 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

Time attack mode was a pain but finally 200/200 this one. I'm sure I'll go back to it again and beat it again. Great game.

#70 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

My Windows Phone Sonic CD review is finally live. It pretty much applies to the remade version on each platform though, so please check it out. And note that rad lead photo!

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#71 DarkKenshinX

DarkKenshinX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hah, good times when this game came out. I played it once back in the day, but didn't really complete it. I was way more into the other Sonics on the Genesis. Now, this is a fantastic deal for XBOX Live, whether you're a Sonic fan, Sega fan, platformer fan, or just a fan of good games.

Posted Image