Photo
- - - - -

GameStop: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer, $10k cash and Thousands of Gears of War 3 prizes

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

Submitting your info each time sucks... why couldn't they just do a logon and go like every other contest.

#32 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Submitting your info each time sucks... why couldn't they just do a logon and go like every other contest.

Yeah you know what else sucks? The tab button doesn't work so you can't tab between items. You have to click with your mouse.

#33 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Yeah you know what else sucks? The tab button doesn't work so you can't tab between items. You have to click with your mouse.

ya noticed that as well...

#34 Cheapie McGee

Cheapie McGee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Link no longer works...damn.
Silence is Golden...but Duct Tape is Silver :-#

#35 CoalDasHonkey

CoalDasHonkey

rada rada rada

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

ya noticed that as well...

Fill out your info before you request a code, the tab stops working if you request the code first.

#36 BlazeP

BlazeP

Trader by Trade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Yeah apparently my computer decided not let Javascript work on the site so I can't enter anything -_-

#37 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Entered all the info and got to the spinning cog, but it wouldn't actually spin... Strange.
Posted Image

#38 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Entered all the info and got to the spinning cog, but it wouldn't actually spin... Strange.

You have to press a button then it shows the cog much bigger with 'spin' on it. Click that and it goes. Maybe try a different web browser?

#39 RAY16

RAY16

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Just wallpapers for me so far. I expect this trend to continue, sadly.

| Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
| Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |

#40 crazedimp321

crazedimp321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

Only wallpapers for first two tries. Sucks you have to enter in your info every time... Thanks for the post OP.
Gamertag: CrAzEdImP321
Twitter: @zombiebash3r
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7247-3504

#41 Starcrest

Starcrest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

According to the rules, you can enter this contest twice a day. I didn't realize that until today. The OP states one entry per person per day. This is WRONG. Here's a copy/paste from the rules:

To Enter Online: Visit www.gamestop.com/gearsofwar3 and complete all required fields on the online entry form. When prompted to provide your Gears of War 3 pre-order number, click the “Need a Code” link and input your e-mail address and phone number when prompted to do so. A pre-order code number will be provided to you immediately. This pre-order code can then be used to enter Sweepstakes as outlined above in “Pre-Order Transaction Online” and you will receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. This one pre-order number can be used two (2) times each day during the Sweepstakes Period for the maximum allowable total of one-hundred and eight (108) entries during Sweepstakes Period. Entrant does not need to make any purchases to enter Sweepstakes via this entry method. If entrant is a GameStop® PowerUp Rewards member, they will receive two (2) entries each time they enter via this method, if they include their GameStop® PowerUp Rewards number, in addition to their pre-order number, on the online entry form each time they enter via this entry method, for the same maximum allowable total of one-hundred and eight (108) entries during the Sweepstakes Period.

By the way, this morning I won (on the wheel) a free month of XBL Gold.

To help explain how you can enter twice:
You can use the need-a-code option to get two different pre-order codes using the same information. You can then enter the contest twice a day using the same mailing info; once with each code. You could do this more then twice, but the rules say <If you enter more then twice a day, the extras are discarded>. This is completely legal and requires no purchase. Of course, you still don't have good odds of winning the real drawing; hope you like wallpapers.

#42 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

To help explain how you can enter twice:
You can use the need-a-code option to get two different pre-order codes using the same information. You can then enter the contest twice a day using the same mailing info; once with each code. You could do this more then twice, but the rules say <If you enter more then twice a day, the extras are discarded>. This is completely legal and requires no purchase. Of course, you still don't have good odds of winning the real drawing; hope you like wallpapers.

I don't expect to win the drawing of course. I don't care for the wallpaper but I did win a free month of XBL Gold (as previously stated) on the cog so that's a decent prize.

#43 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Got 1 month... I'm happy and will keep me going on it for a few more days.

#44 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

I thought that contest was pointless, but I just won a 1 month, so thanks Gamestop and OP!
Posted Image

#45 RAY16

RAY16

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

Managed to win a gift card, so I should be getting that six years from now. I was going to stop playing, but landing on that gift card made me want to go for a little more in the hopes of it landing on a month of LIVE.

| Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
| Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |

#46 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

i won

a free spin

:roll:

EDIT: 3 spins and the same wallpaper twice
Posted Image

#47 klam173

klam173

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Has anyone won a daily prize yet or are all the prizes going to be rewarded on the same day? Just wondering.

#48 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Is the site working for anyone else? I'm not sure when the contest ends but the webpage where you normally enter your info is just showing up blank for me in IE9 and Firefox6...:cry:
Posted Image

#49 BiggyP2P

BiggyP2P

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

Is the site working for anyone else? I'm not sure when the contest ends but the webpage where you normally enter your info is just showing up blank for me in IE9 and Firefox6...:cry:

Glad its not just me then.. been trying to figure out why thats happening.. now I can rest easily.

#50 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Worked fine for me this morning.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#51 stealth1290

stealth1290

Lord of the folding team

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

Yep showing up as a blank white screen in Safari and Chrome as well...
Posted Image

#52 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

White screen day #2! AWESOME!!!!!
Posted Image

#53 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

Getting a Epic Meal Time video in the sweepstakes section, can't enter...

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#54 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Blank on Firefox, Safari and Chrome... tried to update Flash no luck.

#55 BlazeP

BlazeP

Trader by Trade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

Same here.

#56 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

Fantastic job Gamestop...

#57 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

I just tried it and it worked fine

#58 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

I just tried it and it worked fine

They fixed it earlier... I assume no one competent works on the weekends... bastards.

#59 KingNothing09

KingNothing09

Where's your crown?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

Not working on Firefox but is working in Chrome. Strange.

And boy howdy, I've won more wallpapers. I know these things are in high demand, I'll be glad to sell mine for $5 a pop. ;)

Seriously. Why not just say "Hey, you didn't win dick!"
Check out The Joe Rogan Experience on iTunes or on JoeRogan.net, it's seriously the funniest, most mind opening shit available for free on the internet.

#60 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

Working now.