Dead

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Newegg has the folowing games for $47.99 for pre order. They also have Halo Combat Evolved for $29.99. Links follow with the appropriate promo codes. Sales runs through 11:59 pt Wed. 8/24. This is the sales ad.

Saints Row The Third

Xbox - EMCKBHG88

PS3 - EMCKBHG89

Assassins Creed: Revelations

Xbox - EMCKBHG92

PS3 - EMCKBHG93

Batman Arkham City

Xbox - EMCKBHG95

PS3 - EMCKBHG96

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - EMCKBHG94

Edited by jumpiestranger2, 25 August 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#2 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Newegg has the folowing games for $47.99 for pre order.

Awesome finds.

I know the Halo one has been done before... but I totally forgot about it... Not this time. :)

Now, the $64,000 Question is... Does Saints Row: The Third come with the preorder DLC too? I know the DLC isn't exclusive to any one retailer... so if it does I'm all over that one too.

#3 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

Is this the best pre-order offer on Arkham City? Even though it lacks a pre-order bonus, it definitely makes up for it with the lowest price I've seen. I'm really only interested in the Robin pack, and hopefully I'll be able to get that later...well that, and the animated series skin for Batman.

Thanks for alerting us to this.

#4 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Some nice deals again. In for Saints Row.

#5 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

In for SR and AC. Thanks!

Someone should update the thread with the promo codes. Kind of a hassle lol but would help out a lot.

#6 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

From the pictures on NewEggs site it looks like Arkham City includes a White T-Shirt with the game cover of Batman in mid punch. Maybe that's NewEggs pre-order bonus?

#7 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Pre-Ordered Halo

#8 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

Newegg is making me preorder to many games with these sales! I want to play all of them at one point,just can't decide if I should wait for black Friday or not for some of these. If batman comes with that tee shirt in a s/m I'll probably get it.

#9 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

so I have the Arkham City CE preordered on Amazon at $59.99...Should I cancel that and jump on this deal instead? Or do you guys think it'll be $40 on Black Friday? Sorry,kind of hijacking the thread but I'm curious what other CAGs thoughts are on this. Either way some great deals here thanks OP

#10 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

Dammit Newegg. Dammit.. Just when I thought I would go with BestBuy with some of my pre-orders. Anyone have any thoughts with this?

#11 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Amazon will most likely price match if there's a deal later on (at least I'm hoping) but you could always go the safe route and buy it now.

I think I might actually wait until BF since SR and AC are both coming out in Nov. might as well wait it out. For Arkham City I'm not sure tho.. might be a long wait.

#12 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Amazon will most likely price match if there's a deal later on (at least I'm hoping) but you could always go the safe route and buy it now.

I think I might actually wait until BF since SR and AC are both coming out in Nov. might as well wait it out. For Arkham City I'm not sure tho.. might be a long wait.

Yeah, thats my dilemma. I like the CE but there isnt any must-have part of it, and I feel the vanilla edition is gonna be ripe for a BF sale because it will have been out about 6 weeks and the initial sales will be over with.

#13 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

really want saints row at this price, but if i'm gonna preorder it, i'd want the bonus car that launches pedestrians.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 myke-myke

myke-myke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

I have the Batman CE preordered somewhere else but I want that shirt that's pictured w/ Batman AC. I wonder is that NewEggs preorder bonus...
Posted Image

#15 Master Troll

Master Troll

Whaat is this place?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Saints Row 3 comes out right around the corner from Black Friday, I guess I'll wait until then to pick it up.

I dont know guys
idiots are a diamond dozen nowadays :)

Posted Image

#16 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Nice find, OP. I really want to pre order Halo but know that I won't play it until next year probably due to Battlefield 3, MW3, Gears 3, NHL 12, Skyrim.....

#17 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

really want saints row at this price, but if i'm gonna preorder it, i'd want the bonus car that launches pedestrians.

Be a CAG, man: save the money, then buy the DLC later.

#18 avalanche4

avalanche4

What's an avalanche4?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yet another Newegg pre-order for me, this time for Batman. I think I have every game that I was planning to buy this season ordered through Newegg thanks to these deals.

#19 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

hmm... only ones i'm interested in are batman and saints row... but batman I have preordered (along wit two others) for literally two dollars more... does newegg allow me to cancel parts of the order or would i have to cancel all three? also, does newegg add preorder bonuses to all orders, so since i already preordered, would i get the shirt (if it is indeed a bonus)?
finally, i preordered saints row from THQ so i get that season pass for the 3 free dlc but its 60... do i keep that preorder or save the 12 dollars? i feel like the dlc altogether would cost more than the 12 i'd save
any advice/answers to my questions? (sorry, i kn ow its alot, but it s a lot of games and factors to consider)

#20 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Order your items separately from Newegg.
Posted Image

#21 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

is that a recommendation or r u saying i would need to order the items again?

#22 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Really, no PC included in the Saints Row The Third Deal. That's depressing. :cry:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#23 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Halo Anniv on newegg comes with a preorder bonus? I am a sucker for this stuff. It seems the preorder from amazon is on other stores so thinking maybe newegg to?

Also nothing on batman preorder wise huh. I really want the robin skin one from bestbuy. I might just bite the hate bullet and preorder it from bestbuy. I have a feeling it will not show up on the marketplace or it will 4-8 months later... I am one of the people that dig the boy wonder.

#24 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I have the Batman CE preordered somewhere else but I want that shirt that's pictured w/ Batman AC. I wonder is that NewEggs preorder bonus...

That's the same question I have. If the shirt comes with the pre order, I'm definitely ordering from Newegg. I emailed them to ask. Will let everyone know once I hear something back.

#25 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

so I have the Arkham City CE preordered on Amazon at $59.99...Should I cancel that and jump on this deal instead? Or do you guys think it'll be $40 on Black Friday? Sorry,kind of hijacking the thread but I'm curious what other CAGs thoughts are on this. Either way some great deals here thanks OP

It seems kind of silly to cast aside a $40 savings on the CE just to save an extra $12 on the regular edition. All I'm saying is, if I had a preorder for the CE locked in at $60 I wouldn't even bother looking at other deals for the game.

#26 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Newegg has been *killing* amazon in these deals. I don't want to bother contacting CS to see if they will maybe, one time favor change these prices. I like release day shipping, but I like supporting competition more; and I don't think amazon considers these great deals competition.

It's not like newegg is some fly by the night company; this is where most PC gamers order all of their hardware from.

Only word of warning, as said earlier, is make separate orders. Newegg's online cancellation and order tracking is not as slick as amazon. So if you want flexibility in cancelling just 1 item, make it 1 order.

#27 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

I don't want to bother contacting CS to see if they will maybe, one time favor change these prices. I like release day shipping, but I like supporting competition more; and I don't think amazon considers these great deals competition.

+1

People really should show some love to these guys like Newegg or Kmart that come out with these nice deals rather than always trying to get Amazon to match everything. I understand some people may have credit with Amazon or w/e, but it's nice to promote competition.
Posted Image

#28 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Halo Anniv on newegg comes with a preorder bonus? I am a sucker for this stuff. It seems the preorder from amazon is on other stores so thinking maybe newegg to?

Yes.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#29 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Got Assasssin's Creed: Revelations and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Would rather pay cheaper than preorder elsewhere for "bonus items".

Plus both games were bought cheap so once I finish them, I'll just sell/trade them here and either get an excellent deal or most of my money back.

Win for me (for saving money) and win for the other guy for buying a used copy (in mint condition and saving money).

Love CAG for this!

#30 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Is anyone privy as to how Newegg is doing this lol? I think I have every major video game release for the next 4-5 months preordered from them