Dead

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

Is there a link to newegg's site for this deal?
Id like to get amazon to price match....
or is that how they get around that issue, by using the coupon codes.
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#32 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Is there a link to newegg's site for this deal?
Id like to get amazon to price match....
or is that how they get around that issue, by using the coupon codes.

Bingo.
Posted Image

#33 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

I think I have every major video game release for the next 4-5 months preordered from them

Me too. I now have Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Halo Anniversary, Batman, and Assassin's Creed all preordered from Newegg.
Posted Image

#34 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Bingo.

that is very smart.
good move newegg
well played.
I am still going to submit the price match lol.
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#35 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I really want Batman and am very tempted to break my "no buying new games until I clean out my backlog rule".

#36 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Will there be exclusive PS3 content in Batman AC like there was in Batman AA? Has anything been announced?

decker%2001.jpg

#37 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

I always buy games I especially want and going to play immediately on release day, so batman is a must (even though I have suspicion that the price would drop significantly later this year).

For those early posters, how did u get to preorder batman ce for $60?

#38 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Me too. I now have Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Halo Anniversary, Batman, and Assassin's Creed all preordered from Newegg.

Skyrim was $47.99? When did this happen? Guess I missed my chance to get that too...

#39 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Is there a thread to compare the pre-order bonuses from Newegg <-> Best Buy? Anything without a pre-order at Best Buy, I'd have to go with Newegg. I still wanna do the BB $100 gc thing...

#40 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Is there a thread to compare the pre-order bonuses from Newegg <-> Best Buy? Anything without a pre-order at Best Buy, I'd have to go with Newegg. I still wanna do the BB $100 gc thing...

There is this thread and it seems to be updated pretty regularly.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=297423

#41 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

I don't know why I even keep a Gamefly account open anymore. I've just been pre-ordering every game I'm even remotely interested in from Newegg because of these deals.

#42 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

that is very smart.
good move newegg
well played.
I am still going to submit the price match lol.

Well, it's not like Amazon couldn't price match them if they wanted to, adding a $10 or $15 credit to whatever games they want to promote.

We've seen them throw together B1G1 50% promo pages in under 24 hrs to match Best Buy promotions. This can't be more difficult to manage; the systems are all already in place.

They, clearly, choose not to respond. And haven't been offering many good deals/credit of their own, comparatively to last year and the year before.

I hope they step up their game. I like amazon for the ease of shopping one place for the best deals and release day shipping (prime.) But if I had to shop a 2nd place, newegg certainly beats out most of the big box competition (walmart, best buy) in my mind.

#43 BoMo31205

BoMo31205

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Newegg confirmed the T-Shirt does come free with Batman Arkham City preorder. They even updated the description on the website.

#44 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Newegg confirmed the T-Shirt does come free with Batman Arkham City preorder. They even updated the description on the website.

Awesome. I was going to preorder from them regardless, but this is just icing. Plus, it's a pretty bad ass shirt and something I'll actually wear.....well, if it's not XXL or something like that.
Posted Image

#45 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thank you! The CS rep I talked to couldn't tell me one way or another and told me to call WB. I'm in for one now too. Agreed on the T-shirt. Combine that with the $12 savings and this is a great deal. Thank you!

#46 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Halo Anniv on newegg comes with a preorder bonus? I am a sucker for this stuff. It seems the preorder from amazon is on other stores so thinking maybe newegg to?

I must be blind but where is this mentioned?

#47 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

I must be blind but where is this mentioned?

I'm thinking that the Halo Anniversary "pre-order bonus" is actually like their "online pass" : I'm pretty sure it's with every new copy of the game (at least initially) and per Amazon's description is included in-pack.

decker%2001.jpg

#48 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

It's right on Newegg's item page...

Worldwide Pre-Order program includes:

Posted Image

Master Chief Avatar Armor:

Heroes Never Die, and to honor the 10th anniversary of John 117, you will finally be able to transform your Xbox LIVE Avatar into the iconic hero by outfitting it with Master Chief's signature MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.

Posted Image

“Grunt Funeral” Skull :

An exclusive, game-modifying skull that changes the rules of the game for an explosively humorous experience, "Grunt Funeral" sends "Halo's" most lowly and lovable enemy out in a blaze of glory. And plasma. And then more glory. Once the skull has been activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed. Watch out for the grunt chain reaction!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#49 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hopefully they do another MW3 pre-order sale... I hesitated on the last one as I wasn't sure if I wanted to wait for the Hardened Edition but now I've decided I can do without.

#50 kimbaka

kimbaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Newegg scores another preorder from me (Saints Row 3). Now just give me a Skyward Sword deal and I'm set this holiday season.

#51 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Already ordered the MW3 Newegg preorder deal. Why pay Halo: CE for $30 when you get a game you already played, plus only 6 online maps. (This is coming from a Halo fan). Guess I'll wait for the inevitable Rage preorder deal

#52 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

It seems kind of silly to cast aside a $40 savings on the CE just to save an extra $12 on the regular edition. All I'm saying is, if I had a preorder for the CE locked in at $60 I wouldn't even bother looking at other deals for the game.

it does, but at the same time, the CE features arent that overwhelmingly impressive to me.

#53 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

really want saints row at this price, but if i'm gonna preorder it, i'd want the bonus car that launches pedestrians.

I love how that sounds like an incredibly evil thing to say, yet I agree whole-heartedly 'cuz ya want all the DLC. Funny! :lol:

#54 jsub

jsub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Why is the cover for arkham city different than the amazon version?

#55 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Newegg doesn't charge your card till the order ships right?

#56 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Newegg doesn't charge your card till the order ships right?

yup

#57 juzzak1dd

juzzak1dd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

in for Halo since I never played original. thanks OP

#58 Cipher87

Cipher87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Newegg needs its own sticky post for all the pre-order awesomeness that has come out of it in the last month or two.

I wish I hadn't missed the MW3 (apparently) one.

In for AC:Rev
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Healingduck

Healingduck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Guess I missed the MW3 one too....

So its confirmed that the human launcher doesn't come with the SR3 pre order?

Guess I'll just pick up halo then.

#60 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

I'm thinking that the Halo Anniversary "pre-order bonus" is actually like their "online pass" : I'm pretty sure it's with every new copy of the game (at least initially) and per Amazon's description is included in-pack.

oh so it's NOT an exclusive. pre-ordered one anyway ;)