Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time + Dualshock 3 (PS3) $39.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

Wow, this is really tempting. But I assume GameStop won't take the game since it has not for resale on it?

Doesn't matter. Gamestop will take anything that says not for resale on it as a trade-in and GS routinely sells items that are stamped not for resale.

#32 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

I've played every ratchet and clank game (except quest for booty, vita download please sony) and I think that deadlocked is the bastard child of the series lol. Of course with many games released in a series you are bound to have a clunker eventually. Love this series

All for one is looking a little weird to me tbh. But I love the series as well. Insomniac is a great studio that has really fun games.

#33 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

I've played every ratchet and clank game (except quest for booty, vita download please sony) and I think that deadlocked is the bastard child of the series lol. Of course with many games released in a series you are bound to have a clunker eventually. Love this series

Yea, I don't know how they thought it was a good idea to basically remove Clank from the game (except they actually kept him in there, almost to taunt us that you couldn't use him) and totally remove the emphasis of platforming. The game wasn't even as funny as earlier entries, as I thought the Fox news jokes were kind of lame. It's still a decent game, but I was expecting something as good as Up Your Arsenal.

#34 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

"Why you hiding stupid aliens ? Mr zurkon is goin to kill you anyway"
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#35 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thanks OP, fancied getting the game and I needed a second controller, I even like the colour. In for one.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#36 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

What's the trade in value of this game? I'm thinking about picking this up. I want to wait though just in case they have the God Of War bundle in stock...

#37 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Deadlocked really isn't as good as most of the others, but I would play that over Secret Agent Clank any day (and I try to pretend that PS Move Heroes doesn't exist). You should definitely get Quest For Booty sometime. If there was a way to trade PSN games, I'd offer it up 'cause I've already got the disc version.

Doesn't matter. Gamestop will take anything that says not for resale on it as a trade-in and GS routinely sells items that are stamped not for resale.

Well, not anything. I've been trying to get GameStop to take two particular games for the longest time now and they keep turning me down. But yes, as long as a game is in their system, they have no problem with no-resale copies. And if they give you a hard time, just trade in the disc by itself.

#38 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

I don't think they include one with the regular controller.

It doesn't matter, I have a million of them anyways.

I'm in for the game mostly, since I have 2 controllers, but you can never have too many.

I bought this double pack of 10 foot cords for $15 last year so I can charge my controller while sitting on the couch playing a game.

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B000VTX0QQ

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#39 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

Bought a white controller during Kmart promo (34.99 a while back) and they do not come with charge cable.

Neither does this one.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#40 jonfelkin

jonfelkin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Probally get the GOW bundle if they do that in a few weeks, think its a red controller and a game I actually want.

#41 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

The deal is dead now... It's a shame... i would have jumped on it!

#42 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Mr zurkon sad that deal is dead :(
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#43 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm actually kinda relieved. This was too tempting.

#44 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

passed. can wait GOD bundle.

#45 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

What do you guys think these bundles will be like around BF? Even cheaper? Or is this about as low as they will go?

#46 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

I think these bundles are as low as they will go, in the $35.99-39.90 price range. I purchased the LBP GotY one intending to get store credit at maybe Best Buy but now I'm afraid of opening the package. I could still return it to Amazon though, but I think I'll list LBP up for sale as New and see if I can sell it for $20 or so on E-Bay.

The controller I might keep too or try to sell it, I'm really bummed about the lack of UPC on each item! I tried opening the box without leaving any marks but the 3 sticker tape things uptop will not come off seamlessly. Unfolding from the bottom is a no-no as to untangle the box you'll HAVE to end up ripping a dotted piece of the cover (there's a UPC bar in that).

I also wondered about just taking the whole bundle to Best Buy and trying to get $59.90+tax on a store credit gift card but I don't like the idea of being tied down to Best Buy with soooo much money as I rarely shop there, only doing so when I can price match or they have a nice promo like the WC 2010 game for $9.99.

Has anyone here tried taking the bundle (either separate or still packaged) back for store credit?

88029980.jpg

3DS, DS, GameCube, N64, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#47 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

Best buy will not take anything new back and give you a full refund gc without a receipt or proof on your rewards zone card. Your best bet is trying walmart. I have tried best buy and it is nearly impossible!

#48 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

Best buy will not take anything new back and give you a full refund gc without a receipt or proof on your rewards zone card. Your best bet is trying walmart. I have tried best buy and it is nearly impossible!

Thanks for the reply. I've taken a few things back to Best Buy and they took it. The only thing is if the item had been discounted by them anytime within the past 3 months they'd give you the credit for the cheapest price.

Does Target take anything? If anything I'd use store credit to pile up on Welch's grape juice, they sell it cheaper than anyone else!

88029980.jpg

3DS, DS, GameCube, N64, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#49 8riE

8riE

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:18 AM

I want the game. I like THE controller... Black, Blue, Red, I like it if it is charged :)

#50 georgeb76

georgeb76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

Its back up, showing in stock on August 27th.

#51 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

It is now being sold by a third party for $60.

#52 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Time to lock 'er up. I didn't even order one since I already have 2 controllers and don't really need a third. It was nice to see the deal on the front page though :)
Posted Image

#53 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

The deal is back up

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#54 terb73

terb73

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

The deal is back up

Deal shows as live again.

From Amazon's website.
"Back-ordered. Due in stock August 28 -- order now to reserve yours"

#55 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hmm....I'd like a blue controller. Pretty solid deal even if you've got the controller already.

Game's pretty darned fun. Not my favorite thing of all time fun, but it's definitely worth playing if you don't have it already.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#56 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

Ordered one today. I still have a couple sixaxis controllers to switch to Dual Shocks. Does anyone want to buy a sixaxis off me for cheap?

MjC

#57 Lostcase

Lostcase

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

damn I needed this..

SEGA! was seriously injured, but the soul still BURNS!