Photo
- - - - -

[Dead] 15% off Anything at Direct2Drive - CAG Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Lostcase

Lostcase

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Anybody know if they charge you right away when you pre-order? I already have Rage pre-ordered from New Egg for $48 but I'm thinking about switching to this deal to save a few bucks and get it on release instead of having to wait 3 days.

I wanna know this too.

SEGA! was seriously injured, but the soul still BURNS!

#32 Gish

Gish

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

I wanna know this too.

Yes, they will charge your card immediately.

#33 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Anybody know if they charge you right away when you pre-order? I already have Rage pre-ordered from New Egg for $48 but I'm thinking about switching to this deal to save a few bucks and get it on release instead of having to wait 3 days.

And it looks like no canceling of preorders either. Just FYI.

#34 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

Yes, they will charge your card immediately.

Bah...think I'll wait until right before the code expires and see if anything better comes up since D2D doesn't give refunds on pre-orders.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Lostcase

Lostcase

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

thanks for the quick responses guys. I will also wait until the last minute.

SEGA! was seriously injured, but the soul still BURNS!

#36 Steelpen2

Steelpen2

One Cheap Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

Was Saints Row 2 only on sale yesterday or something?

That seems to be the case. I was debating on whether to buy it last night for $3 and some change. Now it is back up to $14.95. I should have pulled the trigger.
Posted Image

#37 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for setting this up, CheapyD. I went ahead and ordered Modern Warfare 3, Serious Sam BFE, and the Sims Medieval expansion.

I'll hit it again, if they add Batman Arkham City, Need for Speed: The Run, or Lord of the Rings: War in the North by the time this expires.
Only trust people who like big butts, for they cannot lie.

#38 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

That seems to be the case. I was debating on whether to buy it last night for $3 and some change. Now it is back up to $14.95. I should have pulled the trigger.

I wasn't even debating, I just added it to my favorites and was going to buy it when I had more time. I went today to buy it and was saddened to see the price had gone back : /

Oh well, it is not like my backlog isn't 50 games deep anyways... hahah

#39 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

I picked up Two World II for $16.xx! Thanks!

#40 YEAHBUDDY

YEAHBUDDY

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks. Got a nice deal on the Serious Sam 3 Pre-order.

#41 kdb1981

kdb1981

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

thanks man used it to pick up dragon age 2 for $11
DO ANY OF US REALLY EXIST OR ARE WE ALL JUST PART OF SOMETHING IN A MUCH GREATER REALITY'S DREAM?!? IF SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE DREAMER AWAKES!?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 ArtificialEnemy

ArtificialEnemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thanks op, in for homefront, need for speed shift 2, fable 3, and Alice madness. All for $67

#43 Nightviz1on

Nightviz1on

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Thanks a lot for the heads up Cheapy! Will probably be using this to get The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age 2 this weekend (most likely The Witcher :P).

#44 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Just kidding. sorry :D

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#45 DizoAZ

DizoAZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Tempted to use this on Deus Ex HR...

You can still get Deus Ex cheaper from Green Man Gaming. I wouldn't get it from Direct2Drive, you'd be paying more. Just use the 20% off coupon on their home page HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE. It brings the price of the game down to $40 and that's for the Augmented Edition so you get the extra sound track and stuff. You can find a lot of referral links in people signatures, like mine below, that will score you a $5 credit after purchasing the game, towards your next purchase, only if you click the link below before registering.

#46 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

Debating Serious Sam 3 for $30. Say requires 3rd party app so I assume works on Steam no prob.

#47 ferrari91169

ferrari91169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

Just a quick question or two, if I purchase Dead Island on D2D will I get a key to activate it on Steam before it releases? Or will I get my key when the game goes live on Steam? And also, will I receive all the pre-order bonuses if I activate it through Steam, or can you only get the pre-order bonuses if you purchase directly through steam?

I've been wanting to get this game, and trying to get in to a group buy for $37.50 each, but with this coupon and the current $5 off on D2D, it comes to $38.25 on there, and I wouldn't mind paying an extra $0.75 to avoid trying to find a group buy with a free spot.

Thanks, and thanks for the post OP.

#48 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

on D2D for Battlefield 3, are we likely to just get a code to activate on Origin before the game comes out?

76561197994095328.png

#49 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Just a quick question or two, if I purchase Dead Island on D2D will I get a key to activate it on Steam before it releases? Or will I get my key when the game goes live on Steam? And also, will I receive all the pre-order bonuses if I activate it through Steam, or can you only get the pre-order bonuses if you purchase directly through steam?

I've been wanting to get this game, and trying to get in to a group buy for $37.50 each, but with this coupon and the current $5 off on D2D, it comes to $38.25 on there, and I wouldn't mind paying an extra $0.75 to avoid trying to find a group buy with a free spot.

Thanks, and thanks for the post OP.

It is cheaper to buy from greenmangaming.com (GMG) using a referral link if you don't have a GMG account already and a 20% off code. You will pay $34 up front and get a $5 credit to spend on a future game. You do get the Blood Bath DLC. Based on previous pre-orders you should get the code a little prior to the release. Hope that helps.

GMG Dead island link - http://www.greenmang...on/dead-island/
GMG thread - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299254

#50 Taras

Taras

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:25 AM

Ordering BF3 - it says "Your coupon or discount has expired"

#51 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Ordering BF3 - it says "Your coupon or discount has expired"

Yeah, what's the deal? I was waiting till the last few days to see if a better deal would pop up, if they cut this early, I'm going to be a pretty unhappy dude.

#52 Kunikos

Kunikos

Vault Dweller

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

Coupon is dead. It's only 9/8. :(

#53 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

on D2D for Battlefield 3, are we likely to just get a code to activate on Origin before the game comes out?

I also want to know this because I would rather use a bday code on BF from ea to get into the beta.

damn looks like the code won't work anymore wtfsss
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#54 Stiler

Stiler

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Yeah what happened? Was gonna get Warhammer with this today :(.

#55 PixelJunky

PixelJunky

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

As others have said coupon is dead. Tried it today 9/9.

#56 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

CheapyD you rat bastard!
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#57 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Yeah I tried to get Civ 5 which was on sale for $12.50 already and it said it was expired

#58 arthurtracy

arthurtracy

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

Dead :(

There's the code: watulukngat ,that's good for 10%; but the extra 5% would've been nice.

#59 TJF588

TJF588

CAG on the side

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

Aw man, I was waiting for today specifically to grab SS3:BFE. Any way to get it fixed (assuming I can't scour up a similar code)?

Posted Image

#60 Geoffrey42

Geoffrey42

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

Obviously, YMMV, but: contacted Direct2Drive via their Support page, asked why cheapass15 was expired when CheapyD's post said 9/16. After a back and forth to provide them with the link to the original news post, they gave me a partial store credit ($5) to make up for the cheapass15 early expiration. Stacked store credit with the watulukngat coupon for a slightly better deal than the original coupon: BF3 for ~$44!