Photo
- - - - -

Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#1 audilover

audilover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.c...n-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.c...n-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

So someone finally matched amazons 10$ credit deal they have had for this game for a while. Hopefully amazon raises it
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#3 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

That is great deal - nice find, OP.

#4 audilover

audilover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Do you guys think they will give us a physical copy of arkum asylum?

#5 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Great find, audilover. Glad I held off on buying a used GotY copy during the current GoHastings sale. I currently have a 360 version pre-ordered with Amazon but if they don't match it, I'll probably get it at Walmart.

Do you guys think they will give us a physical copy of arkum asylum?

I'd imagine Arkham Asylum will be the same version as the one you're pre-ordering.

#6 audilover

audilover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Great find, audilover. Glad I held off on buying a used GotY copy during the current GoHastings sale. I currently have a 360 version pre-ordered with Amazon but if they don't match it, I'll probably get it at Walmart.

I'd imagine Arkham Asylum will be the same version as the one you're pre-ordering.

I am a bit lost with your comment. Basically I am wondering if they are going to give us a download code OR if they will actually give us the game.

#7 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

I am a bit lost with your comment. Basically I am wondering if they are going to give us a download code OR if they will actually give us the game.

Buy the 360 version of Arkham City, get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum. Same with the PS3. I don't think the Goty Edition of Asylum is on the Games on Demand service for the 360 and I'm not sure about the PS3 side of the matter. Are you asking if Asylum will be a PC download code?

#8 audilover

audilover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Buy the 360 version of Arkham City, get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum. Same with the PS3. I don't think the Goty Edition of Asylum is on the Games on Demand service for the 360 and I'm not sure about the PS3 side of the matter. Are you asking if Asylum will be a PC download code?

Ok now I understand. I was talking about PSN/LIVE [I always prefer the game disc]. I am assuming they will give us an actual disc. Thanks and enjoy this deal

#9 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

I dont have eitehr so great deal for me!
Posted Image

#10 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Great deal. Batman: AA goty edition, I hear, lets you double up on achievements. So, if you've been looking for an excuse to replay it before arkham city...

#11 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Really good deal I'm tempted. I've been eating to replay. Wish I could order the ps3 version and get the 360 game.

#12 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Great deal. Batman: AA goty edition, I hear, lets you double up on achievements. So, if you've been looking for an excuse to replay it before arkham city...

Is this true?

I got all achievements for the regular version, so I'm wondering if this is even worth it. That said, I don't have Batman AA any more because I gave it to my brother, and he lost it.

Will it come in a separate case? With this, Amazon needs to go up to at least a $20 credit for me to buy there, maybe a $25 credit.

#13 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Is this true?

I got all achievements for the regular version, so I'm wondering if this is even worth it. That said, I don't have Batman AA any more because I gave it to my brother, and he lost it.

Will it come in a separate case? With this, Amazon needs to go up to at least a $20 credit for me to buy there, maybe a $25 credit.

Yes. I know you can get separate achievements for vanilla Arkham for the 360, PC, and GotY 360 and PC. I already 1000'd the vanilla versions and have been waiting for the GotY 360 version to come down (I know I've skipped the past few sales on the PC version but I was waiting for an even lower price as Arkham City gets closer). I've also read you can get them for the vanilla 360 Japanese version of the game.

#14 cwrx1978

cwrx1978

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Are they offering this in stores also or just online ?

#15 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Yes. I know you can get separate achievements for vanilla Arkham for the 360, PC, and GotY 360 and PC. I already 1000'd the vanilla versions and have been waiting for the GotY 360 version to come down (I know I've skipped the past few sales on the PC version but I was waiting for an even lower price as Arkham City gets closer). I've also read you can get them for the vanilla 360 Japanese version of the game.

Wow, that makes things a lot more interesting. I don't know if I'd want to do those freeflow challenge rooms again though. I had a lot of fun doing them, but I'd have to re-master the combat again, which took a decent amount of time.

Hmmm...well, Walmart has the best deal right now, but I'll wait it out.

#16 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

if Amazon matches this then I'm sold (with AA GOTY included). Have a lot of credit there that I would rather use up instead of spending at Walmart.

#17 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

if Amazon matches this then I'm sold (with AA GOTY included). Have a lot of credit there that I would rather use up instead of spending at Walmart.

I ordered arkham city already but if amazon matches this than I will cancel my order and just reorder it. The la noire credit that I used on it lasts a year correct ? If so then I will defiantly do this deal. I'll just put the version of arkham asylum that has more value on amazon with the order and flip it to amazon when I get it (I've already beaten this great game so no need to keep the game)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#18 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

I ordered arkham city already but if amazon matches this than I will cancel my order and just reorder it. The la noire credit that I used on it lasts a year correct ? If so then I will defiantly do this deal. I'll just put the version of arkham asylum that has more value on amazon with the order and flip it to amazon when I get it (I've already beaten this great game so no need to keep the game)

Yeah I believe you have 1 year to use up a preorder credit. I have never actually played AA beyond the demo and I was considering buying it for 360, but it hasn't been in stock for over a week. Now this deal pops up at Walmart so getting AA for free with a preorder of Arkham City would be awesome if Amazon matches it.

#19 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

So someone finally matched amazons 10$ credit deal they have had for this game for a while. Hopefully amazon raises it

You have it backwards. Amazon quickly matched Walmart on the $10 GC, and this was quite some time ago.

#20 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Looking at it the Arkham Asylum ships with the Arkham City right?
That sucks I wouldn't mind paying the full price now if it meant I could get the AA now so I can play it before AC comes out

#21 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

You have it backwards. Amazon quickly matched Walmart on the $10 GC, and this was quite some time ago.

Guess I didn't see it when walmart put the credit first, oh well. Now its time for amazon to match walmart again lol
Currently playing

#22 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

So if I can get aa goty now so I can play through it I will easily jump onthis. If I don't get it until AC ships then I'll pass.

#23 argyle

argyle

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

If Amazon does match it (and I hope they do) then you won't have to cancel & reorder, you'll get it if you already have the game preordered. That's the way their preorder stuff always works.
Posted Image

#24 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

Wow, for ONCE in the world Wal-Mart actually has a good deal on a game :applause: I voted them as CAG Crappiest Store (or w/e it's called) last year because I didn't buy a single game from them the whole year, stupid MSRP store which people blindly buy from.

This one is like $10 gift + $30 game (though frequently found at $20) Now all I can hope for is that they actually give a separate GotY edition and not some download voucher, because otherwise I'm returning it.

ithebigc.png

#25 Busyman

Busyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

http://www.walmart.c...ch_constraint=0

Crazy deal!

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (PS3 version has Joker challenges)
$10 eGift card

$60

Online only
Shipping adds $2

#26 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=302241

#27 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

Great find, thanks OP.

#28 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

Wow, for ONCE in the world Wal-Mart actually has a good deal on a game :applause: I voted them as CAG Crappiest Store (or w/e it's called) last year because I didn't buy a single game from them the whole year, stupid MSRP store which people blindly buy from.

This one is like $10 gift + $30 game (though frequently found at $20) Now all I can hope for is that they actually give a separate GotY edition and not some download voucher, because otherwise I'm returning it.

It is unlikely to be download only, given there are a fair number of arcade/4gb 360s units out there...To me it is more a question does it come in a separate case or is it simply just a second disk inside the Arkham City case?

#29 Busyman

Busyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=302241

Didn't see it. It wasn't even on the first 2 pages and search sucked.

#30 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

If Amazon does match it (and I hope they do) then you won't have to cancel & reorder, you'll get it if you already have the game preordered. That's the way their preorder stuff always works.

Sweet ! So if it was matched then I assume that amazon would ship me the 360 version of arkham asylum ?
Currently playing