Photo
- - - - -

Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#541 Templar Sage

Templar Sage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Has anyone picked up the bundle yet? i was wondering if it is the regular Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, with no "Not For Resale" sign instead of UPC and with the glasses, etc.

It has been reported that the bundles with AA in a red case do come with the 3D glasses, but some people have found a few bundles with AA in a clear case and have said they DO NOT come with the glasses.
[URL="http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=501&participantID=25985"][/URL]

#542 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Count me in the group that also got two bundles. One was an order that I asked to have canceled when they offered free and faster shipping than my original order. Going to keep a closer eye on my credit card balance for the next few days but I really doubt they'll charge me for it.

#543 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Went to a Walmart at lunch today to pick this up and they did not have ANY for PS3 or 360.

I tried to look up on line to see if others have it, but it only has the regular version and it says that it cannot be checked for site inventory.

Does anyone else know a way?

Edited by WonkyToad, 19 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.
Added

Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#544 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

It has been reported that the bundles with AA in a red case do come with the 3D glasses, but some people have found a few bundles with AA in a clear case and have said they DO NOT come with the glasses.

yeah thats what I got PS3 bundle in clear case with red label and no glasses.
Posted Image

#545 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Walmart still hasn't even shipped mine out yet...

#546 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Went to a Walmart at lunch today to pick this up and they did not have ANY for PS3 or 360.

I tried to look up on line to see if others have it, but it only has the regular version and it says that it cannot be checked for site inventory.

Does anyone else know a way?

Didn't have it or didn't have it out? I ask because they had them locked up till about 20 to midnight the other night when I got mine. Although if your store is in a busy area/big metro area they may have already sold out.

Best bet is to simply ask one of the employees if they have any of the Arkham City bundles and to check the back for you. They may just have them sitting in the back if no one else has showed up asking for it yet.

Good luck either way.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#547 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Lmao someone in the ny craigslist section is trying to sell this bundle for 77$ claiming that you are "basically getting batman aa for free !" How sad
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#548 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Didn't have it or didn't have it out? I ask because they had them locked up till about 20 to midnight the other night when I got mine. Although if your store is in a busy area/big metro area they may have already sold out.

Best bet is to simply ask one of the employees if they have any of the Arkham City bundles and to check the back for you. They may just have them sitting in the back if no one else has showed up asking for it yet.

Good luck either way.

Yea, I asked the employee and she knew exactly what I was talking about. She even described to 2pack to me. She said she worked yesterday and they had them all out across the bottom of the lock cases then. We all looked and could not find any.
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#549 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Bleep, the one I cancelled online just shipped. What a lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, online ordering system.
Posted Image

#550 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Glad I went with Amazon. Even though I got FSSS it's being delivered today.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#551 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Well this is interesting. Walmart shipped my bundle and gave me a working tracking number, but looking at my account activity, I don't see a hold or a charge for the item. Conversely, the order I placed this morning, already shows up as a hold. Ponderous.
Posted Image

#552 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Bleep, the one I cancelled online just shipped. What a lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, online ordering system.

Mine too!

#553 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Glad I just went and picked it up, screw the 10$ gift card Walmart shipping and handling is a cluster Fuck at best.
Posted Image

#554 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Man, I had no idea they were stiffing people with shipping like this. Mine got here on release day, and according to the tracking number was held at my post office for like three days.

Sorry to hear all of this. Hope they make shit right.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#555 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Man, I had no idea they were stiffing people with shipping like this. Mine got here on release day, and according to the tracking number was held at my post office for like three days.

Sorry to hear all of this. Hope they make shit right.

The sad thing is... mine shipped from a warehouse no more than 20 miles away from my house. I mean, awesome that it'll get it faster hopefully, but come on. Why did it take an extra week to pack and ship?

#556 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Lmao someone in the ny craigslist section is trying to sell this bundle for 77$ claiming that you are "basically getting batman aa for free !" How sad

Cash is king, bitch and profit isn't a dirty word.

:beer:
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#557 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Has anybody tried to price match this deal with Best Buy? In order to get robin as well?

#558 ethan1013

ethan1013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

I don't see how you can price match a specialty bundle. That best buy does not carry.

#559 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

I saw a bunch of these Arkham City/Arkham Asylum copies today, tempted to pick one up for the PS3.

#560 ethan1013

ethan1013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

You won't regret it. I finished the main story last night. Still so much more to do.

Ethan1013.png

#561 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

My order shipped and has arrived, and still I see no charge on my card from Walmart...
Posted Image

#562 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

My order shipped and has arrived, and still I see no charge on my card from Walmart...

i preordered on the 8th, received the game on the 18th, and got charged yesterday

596772.png

#563 tmw214

tmw214

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

Just received my order from Walmart. No bonus copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY :wall:

It's the only reason I preordered from them

#564 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

Just received my order from Walmart. No bonus copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY :wall:

It's the only reason I preordered from them

I almost got banned from WalMart for doing this, but they finally exchanged the copy I got online for the bundle. YMMV obviously. You can try to return it w/o receipt and use the GC toward the bundle. But they're hella bitchy about either method and you may need to find a manager that understands your problem...

#565 tmw214

tmw214

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I almost got banned from WalMart for doing this, but they finally exchanged the copy I got online for the bundle. YMMV obviously. You can try to return it w/o receipt and use the GC toward the bundle. But they're hella bitchy about either method and you may need to find a manager that understands your problem...

I might try to exchange it. It's sad that someone who walks in off the street gets a better deal than the people who preordered. I just noticed Walmart dropped the price to $54.99. So now i feel like i paid for the gift card also (cost me $63+ after tax)