Photo
- - - - -

Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#31 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

does anybody know when this deal will end?

:)

Hopefully it will last a while. If not then amazon won't bother to match it
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#32 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

Sweet ! So if it was matched then I assume that amazon would ship me the 360 version of arkham asylum ?

No, they always like to switch it up on you. If you order for 360, you get the ps3 version of Arkham asylum, and vice versa. Well, they might ship the pc version with a console purchase of arkham city for a little more variety.

#33 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

**They charged me immediately just in case anyone was curious. I haven't ordered from Walmart in ages so I don't know if this is normal practice or not. A little surprised they don't wait until the order is shipped but no big deal.

Edited by Broseph, 26 August 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#34 N027

N027

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

I preordered Arkham City for $56 plus the $10 egiftcard from walmart a few weeks ago and was bummed when I saw this. I went into my account to try and edit the order and it looks like they automatically upgraded me without having to do a thing. That made my night!

#35 Busyman

Busyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

does anybody know when this deal will end?

It says based on availibility.

#36 coolflea216

coolflea216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

I would do this if I could get AA immediately to play before AC comes out. Couldnt I just buy AA from a brick and mortar WM, purchase this promotion, then return the AA that comes with AC using the receipt from the brick and mortar purchase?
Posted Image

#37 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

great deal, too bad I got AA at the Best Buy sale a couple weeks ago.

#38 FrozenFlamez

FrozenFlamez

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

I'll consider picking this up if AA comes in a physical disc, rather than downloading it through PSN or having it on the AC disc.

#39 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

*Hopes for $20 Amazon credit.*

I'm 99% sure it'll be a download code to those guessers.

#40 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

*Hopes for $20 Amazon credit.*

I'm 99% sure it'll be a download code to those guessers.

No, it looks to be an arkham asylum disc inside the arkham city case. I don't think there is a downloadable goty edition. Look at the cover, it looks like it's an exclusive edition that includes Arkham Asylum in disc form.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a separate case, now I have to hope Amazon goes up to $25 or at least $20 for their credit.

#41 jinxpalm

jinxpalm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

No, it looks to be an arkham asylum disc inside the arkham city case. I don't think there is a downloadable goty edition. Look at the cover, it looks like it's an exclusive edition that includes Arkham Asylum in disc form.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for a separate case, now I have to hope Amazon goes up to $25 or at least $20 for their credit.

Now only question is will the case have that blue strip saying its from Walmart? $40 in credit wouldn't make me bite if so lol

#42 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Anyone know if Walmart charges when game ships, or right away? Thanks!

#43 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Anyone know if Walmart charges when game ships, or right away? Thanks!

You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.

#44 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.

Whaaaaa? I thought the GC was a bonus credit. Did I miss something?

#45 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

Having not played Arkham Asylum, this seems perfect for me. Thanks OP, just hope it lasts until I get my next paycheck :lol:

#46 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

Whaaaaa? I thought the GC was a bonus credit. Did I miss something?

Well, what they do is charge you the price of the GC now, then charge you the difference between the full price and the GC later. So if you paid $60 for the bundle, they'll charge the $10 now, and $50 later. It's just to make sure there's no problems since they send you the GC immediately (which is kinda nice, easier to chain GCs together).

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#47 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Well, what they do is charge you the price of the GC now, then charge you the difference between the full price and the GC later. So if you paid $60 for the bundle, they'll charge the $10 now, and $50 later. It's just to make sure there's no problems since they send you the GC immediately (which is kinda nice, easier to chain GCs together).

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the knowledge!

#48 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I was charged the full $65 bucks immediately. I received the GC a few minutes later. Paid via a Visa debit card.

Edited by Broseph, 26 August 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#49 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

No, that's a sticker on the wrapper, it's a normal case.

Download. Code.

Now only question is will the case have that blue strip saying its from Walmart? $40 in credit wouldn't make me bite if so lol

#50 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Download. Code.

I know it's a sticker. If you read the sticker, it's saying it includes a full copy of Batman Arkham Asylum goty, not a voucher code. Not only that, you think the 3D version of Arkham Asylum is available for download on 360 and ps3? They don't have the goty version available for download.

I guarantee you it's not a voucher.

Look at what it says:

"Bonus Game: Includes a full copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Game of the Year Edition" Key words: full copy, game of the year edition. I have no idea how you're getting voucher code from that. It's more likely to be in a separate case than as a voucher code, but I think it's a disc that comes inside the Arkham City package.

It also says further down that it includes Batman AA Goty edition, again, no mention of a voucher code. I will be incredibly surprised if it ends up being a voucher.

Edited by Ninersfan4926, 26 August 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#51 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I know it's a sticker. If you read the sticker, it's saying it includes a full copy of Batman Arkham Asylum goty, not a voucher code. Not only that, you think the 3D version of Arkham Asylum is available for download on 360 and ps3? They don't have the goty version available for download.

I guarantee you it's not a voucher.

Look at what it says:

"Bonus Game: Includes a full copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Game of the Year Edition" Key words: full copy, game of the year edition. I have no idea how you're getting voucher code from that. It's more likely to be in a separate case than as a voucher code, but I think it's a disc that comes inside the Arkham City package.

It also says further down that it includes Batman AA Goty edition, again, no mention of a voucher code. I will be incredibly surprised if it ends up being a voucher.

it looks like one of those 2 packs that is wrap in a ribbon. If it says full copy then its the disc.

#52 possum1284

possum1284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

I see the offer does not apply to the collectors edition though

#53 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I see the offer does not apply to the collectors edition though

Why do people who want to give developers more money always get screwed? Between this and no getting amazon credit, they're making me want to just wait and buy the CE later when it's on clearance.

#54 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

I wish somebody would offer a better credit for this game. With so many games this season, it's getting insanely expensive to try to get everything. Heck, I'd rather get a $20 WM GC than AA GotY, seeing as how I don't really care for the GotY stuff.

I might just get it from WM anyway. Amazon's FSSS is really bad now- most of my stuff do not ship for 4-5 business days (before, they'd almost always ship in 2 days and only occasionally take more than that).

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#55 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Download. Code.

The ONLY products that have shipped full game DLC codes as a part of the package are new consoles with huge empty hard drives (such as alan wake on last year's 360 bundle and that 5 game bundle up in Canada at the moment). Sure, some games have shipped supplemental DLC codes for content that might be 300MB or so, but not full games that require 5+GB of space, of which more than a few 360s models don't have the capacity to handle...Even the 20gb pros only have about 8-9 GBs of useable space. Walmart doesn't want to deal with pissed off customers on something they are doing as a promotion, so it will be on disk.

That looks to be a paper banner wrapping the case, which could be holding the two game cases together...although I think it is much more likely that they will just stick a 2nd disk holder inside the case (both to avoid the cost of 2nd case, keep shipping weights lower and to be able to fit more on a shelf in the store).

#56 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hmm... Should I get this, or hold out for the Wii U version next year?

#57 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hmm... Should I get this, or hold out for the Wii U version next year?

probably not worth waiting for the Wii U version of it for most people. Not to mention, you have to buy a whole new console just to play this game. If you have a backlog of other games you'd prefer playing first, then maybe it would be worth it for you to wait it out until then. But if money isn't an issue and you can wait, it really just comes down to your preference. Hard to know what (if anything) they add to make the Wii U version better/preferred over 360/PS3 versions.

#58 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

These types of deals seem odd. I mean, who would pay full price, or close to full for AC if they didn't already play AA? Why wouldn't such a person have bought AA when it full price, or the many months after that it was cheaper? I'm sure there are certainly some that this deal is perfect for but for most buying, I imagine they'd have a copy of AA they didn't want/need

#59 AlohaMars2

AlohaMars2

Ready to Roll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

These types of deals seem odd. I mean, who would pay full price, or close to full for AC if they didn't already play AA? Why wouldn't such a person have bought AA when it full price, or the many months after that it was cheaper? I'm sure there are certainly some that this deal is perfect for but for most buying, I imagine they'd have a copy of AA they didn't want/need

AA never dropped cheap enough for me to get it, especially when unemployed. I have a sweet new job so I am totally all over this.

#60 DrGonzo615

DrGonzo615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

anyone know how prompt wal mart is with their shipping? Do they offer release date delivery like Amazon?