Photo
- - - - -

Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#61 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

AA never dropped cheap enough for me to get it, especially when unemployed. I have a sweet new job so I am totally all over this.

i got AA for 14.99 from amazon last december. that was cheap enough for me.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#62 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

anyone know how prompt wal mart is with their shipping? Do they offer release date delivery like Amazon?

I have used Walmart a few times and there shipping has treated me fine thus far. Hell the 97cent shipping option let me get my Mortal kombat the day after released (after having it preordered).

I would say if anything for me they seem to be quicker than amazon in most cases.

#63 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

w/the GoW3 preorder, the email I got said it would arrive by the 26th. Not bad considering the weekend is want prolongs the delivery.

#64 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:18 AM

Why do people who want to give developers more money always get screwed? Between this and no getting amazon credit, they're making me want to just wait and buy the CE later when it's on clearance.

Here's the ticket....joining this thought train

#65 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Sweet, had to jump on this amazing deal. Total for me was only $62.07 and delivery date is 10/18, which is the same day as release, hope it makes it!

#66 informer

informer

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

You'll get charged for the $10 gift card now. As for the game, when it ships.

This information is false. I was charged $10 for the $10 gift card when I first placed my order several weeks ago and the remaining balance was actually charged today even though this doesn't ship until next month.

It seems pretty random when they will charge you, it is definitely NOT when the game ships.

informer

Pennsylvania Xbox Ambassador and Xpert
PlayStation Gamer Advisory Panel
121447.png

#67 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

This information is false. I was charged $10 for the $10 gift card when I first placed my order several weeks ago and the remaining balance was actually charged today even though this doesn't ship until next month.

It seems pretty random when they will charge you, it is definitely NOT when the game ships.

informer

I was charged today for the remaining $55 as well - so I don't know how random it is - but yeah, that guy was way off. I tried to communicate that a couple pages ago. Hopefully a few people took notice and prepared accordingly.

#68 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

informer

When You Will Be Charged

Payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships.

Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.

http://www.walmart.c...-Options/542185

I noticed the authorization hold as well on my credit card. informer, Broseph, did you actually get charged or was it just the hold as well?

#69 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Initially I was charged the entire $65. After about 72 hours or so that was reduced to $10.

Today the $55 showed up as a pending transaction/hold.

Not sure what this means but thankfully I have enough to cover it. Barely.

To further muddy things, I did use the $10 gift card a day or so ago and that item shipped today. Could be related to that I guess.

I'll probably call them tomorrow and try to make sense of it.

#70 informer

informer

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

http://www.walmart.c...-Options/542185

I noticed the authorization hold as well on my credit card. informer, Broseph, did you actually get charged or was it just the hold as well?

I only knew something happened because my credit card company called me about potential fraud and wanted me to confirm. This was strange since I ordered it a while ago so today's incident seemed random to me. It was too early to tell if it was a hold versus an actual charge (not even sure how holds are listed on online statements) but pretty happy with the credit card notification nonetheless. :applause:

informer

Pennsylvania Xbox Ambassador and Xpert
PlayStation Gamer Advisory Panel
121447.png

#71 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

The walmart website lists it as AA:GOTY, if you felt like playing through the game again and you like achievements...the GOTY has a separate list than from the regular edition of AA. So 4000 points PC: Batman AA & GOTY, 360: Batman AA & GOTY

#72 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Might be worth putting my $30 walmart gc to

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#73 endlessxshadow

endlessxshadow

HAVE AT THEE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

looks like i'll get it on walmart instead of amazon

#74 nintendolink007

nintendolink007

I'm an cheapass ebayholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

I hope Walmart has both games inside the same case cause then i can sell the original game back. The point of it was to resale and get some more money back which is what i like about blu-rays that come with a DVD, i usually get another 10 dollars back....if im lucky.
Your Cheap Ass:

nInTeNdOlInK007
[http://www.facebook....nnthegamemaster]

#75 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

Am I the only one not able to order? Both versions dont allow me to add it to my cart, but the collectors edition allows me to.

#76 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Am I the only one not able to order? Both versions dont allow me to add it to my cart, but the collectors edition allows me to.

I ordered the standard 360 version about 30 min ago without a problem, already got the confirmation email and the gift card code. Contact their customer support or try in a different browser.

#77 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I ordered the standard 360 version about 30 min ago without a problem, already got the confirmation email and the gift card code. Contact their customer support or try in a different browser.

Thanks. Stupid IE.

#78 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

For what it's worth, the hold on my credit card has disappeared.

I also noticed that they're offering $0.97 shipping on the item now. Either I didn't notice this before or it wasn't offered when I pre-ordered on 8/25. The weird thing is that once I enter the checkout phase it's giving me free shipping and scheduled to arrive on or just after 10/18, where my pre-order was $1.97 shipping scheduled to arrive between 10/25 and 10/27. So of course I want the better shipping option (that is free and faster) but I can't modify the order. So I'm currently in the process of getting it canceled, but that's easier said than done. Already shot an email and got a response of "doing their best to honor my cancel request." Just shot another email hoping to get it canceled.

#79 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

I can't find a thread on CAG talking about the different preorder costumes? I know the UK has several different ones available. Does anyone have those details for the US?

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#80 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Glad I got it for free :D Great deal anyways.

#81 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'd rather get it on Amazon due to credit I have, but it looks like I'm going to be drawn to Walmart. How's their release day delivery? You can't choose a type of shipping - how reliable are they on pre-orders? I'm tempted to stick with Amazon anyway just because I can add the extra $1.00 and guarantee release day shipment.

Also, this is still the best running deal on Arkham City right? I was hoping something better would show up nearest to the release date (like $20 credit) but it looks unlikely at this point.

#82 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

Can anyone confirm if Batman Arkham Asylum is a physical copy?
I hate DLC vouchers or codes :D
Thanks.
Posted Image

#83 Templar Sage

Templar Sage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Can anyone confirm if Batman Arkham Asylum is a physical copy?
I hate DLC vouchers or codes :D
Thanks.

I just checked the PSN, and neither version of Arkham Asylum is on it. So unless it's uploaded between now and release date, it has to be a physical copy.

#84 cjtiger300

cjtiger300

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

Is this Walmart.com only, or can I get this deal at the store?

#85 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:01 AM

Wish this was in store too. :( Hate walmart shipping.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#86 Techno Jellyfish

Techno Jellyfish

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Do they send you the games together or will they send the Arkham Asylum now and then Arkham City when it comes out? Also, do you have to pay the $60 all right now or do they charge when it ships?

#87 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

I may have to jump on this, awesome deal. And Walmart shipping was fairly quick when I did the 2 for $30 deal a few weeks back.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#88 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

cancelled my amazon preorder and bit on this one. with free day and date shipping (fingers crossed) it came down to a copy of AA for tax. plus another CAG tipped me on converting egift cards to in store gift cards which pays for my 12 pack :-) thanks OP!

#89 creech42

creech42

Bad Enough Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

cancelled my amazon preorder and bit on this one. with free day and date shipping (fingers crossed) it came down to a copy of AA for tax. plus another CAG tipped me on converting egift cards to in store gift cards which pays for my 12 pack :-) thanks OP!

You have a link to a thread, possibly. If not I can go see if Google is awake.
My trading list
My Collection

#90 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Do they send you the games together or will they send the Arkham Asylum now and then Arkham City when it comes out? Also, do you have to pay the $60 all right now or do they charge when it ships?

You'll get the games together. They charge you $10 now for the e-gift card, the rest will be charged when the games ship.