CAGcast #250: You're In Trouble

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck rocks a new mic and the bathroom floor while Wombat critiques Konami's chicken wings. We discuss the issues of the day: GameStop vs Onlive/Deus Ex, Origin, a possible 3DS redesign, and much more! Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]159[/podcast]
Download - 81 minutes, 45MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Monthly Special: 30% Off Reseller Plans[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro: McGyver theme
Outro: Kissy Sellout Klassroom mix

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG NEW 3ds??
GOOD GAME fail.

Super fast remake -.-"
Everyone wasted their $ on the current 3ds

Awesome show. It flowed together nicely and kept me alert at 1 AM. Totally agree with the Gamestop issue discussion and am not surprised at Nintendo's plan to remake the 3DS.

good show. the reason the NHL series replays and presentation is terrible cheapy is because they are the same exact ones since NHL 08. EA has recycled them every year, its pretty sad. also if you get the game on the PS3 and play online, be ready to have your headset mics go fuzzy/static every other game, it has happened to me and my friends since NHL 08.

Here's a way to look at the Gamestop Deus Ex screwup. Lots of stores sell DVDs that include a code for a digital copy of the film that's redeemed from the studio's online store. You don't hear about Kmart pulling coupons out of The Dark Knight DVD.

To Wombat's point re: Deus Ex HR PC at Gamestop, I had preordered (in a Manhattan store) a copy and when I went to pick it up, the store associate told me that if I hadn't preordered, they wouldn't have had any copies in-store.

I am seriously considering buying a PS3 with the sole purpose of getting NFL Sunday Ticket. For football fans who don't want DirectTV, this is a huge deal.

Wombat was kind of a douche about the whole Steve Jobs things. I mean, he (wombat) wouldn't have the scrap of "fame" to which he clings if it weren't for podcasts. And while Apple didn't invent them, no single company did more to promote the medium than Apple.

Clearly Jobs has some health issues and a little respect was warranted, I think.

Like him or not, Jobs had an impact on the world.

He'd probably already be dead if he hadn't manged to use his vast resources to get himself onto the Tennessee liver transplant list ahead of some poor schmoe. I can't fault Wombat for his attitude on this issue, and it was a nice contrast to Cheapy's hero-worship.

Great show this week!

I'm with Wombat on Steve Jobs. Yes, Cancer is bad... it kills lots of people and is a horrible way to go but unless it's someone I personally know or have a connection with, don't judge my indifference. I cared more about Shipwreck's face cancer than Steve Job's cancer - cause I kinda "know" Ship from the podcast. But even then, I wasn't broken up over it.

Anyways, don't forget to talk about the 3DS ambassador programs on your next podcast, even with the Pax excitement. 10 free games makes a cheapassgamer, a happyassgamer.

Cheers!

(note - edited way too many times because it's a sensitive topic and I want to get it right).

Since Gamestop is the hot topic, I have a question about the rules that Gamestop employees operate under.

During the purchase of a few pre-owned games during one of their promotions, I asked for separate transactions for each set of PO games, as I was buying a couple sets, matched up price wise, to get the best value.
The person helping me did not seem very interested in doing that and explained to me that GS employees get a "negative point" for every transaction they make that counts towards eventual performance reviews. However if the employee is able to get a pre-order or sign up a new PowerUp account, then they get positive points.

To me it sounds like total BS, however I am curious if GS employees are pressured though this or other means in order to keep their jobs?

Thanks

Great cagcast!

you know when I heard Ship's long ass piss story........the scene in Revenge of the nerds 2 where Orge takes a 2 min piss, then stops then resumes while the guys in the foreground keep looking back at him..

Great show. But in regards to GameStop I hate these guys. I can not buy a game that is unopened at my GameStop 98% of the time. They keep all of the disks behind the counter and put the open boxes on display only giving me a disk as new from behind the counter. I just don't trust any one at GameStop. Due to my frustration I have just joined Amazon Prime and order all of my games online with the great 2 day shipping. My games come new and their return policies are fantastic. GameStop = Crooks.

To add in on the Steve Jobs discussion, Cheapy said something that I thought probably isn't true. While he may have started the company, and did invent his fair share of their stuff, who knows how much of the great products that people view have led the "Apple Revolution" have actually had anything to do with him? I'm sure plenty of their best tech was thought of, developed, and produced by some other regular guy who doesn't get any credit at all. Mr. Jobs may not have actually "invented" a good deal of their current products at all.

Yes, cancer is bad and we should all feel for him as a fellow human being, but I don't think it was bad of Wombat to not really care about him stepping down. I know I don't.

BTW. . . making good Buffalo Wings is incredibly easy. Deep Fry Chicken wings and coat with sauce, it's that simple (either buy a good brand of sauce like Defcon or follow the directions on the back of a bottle of red hot).

[quote name='usickenme']Wombat was kind of a douche about the whole Steve Jobs things. I mean, you wouldn't have the scrap of "fame" to which you cling if it weren't for podcasts. And while Apple didn't invent them, no single did more to promote the medium than Apple.

Clearly Jobs has some health issues and a little respect was warranted, I think.

Like him or not, he's not some Schmoe who hasn't had any impact on the world.[/QUOTE]

So you should only care if the person is famous. Got it.

imgres
Does anyone else think Wombat looks like Lev Trotsky?

imgres

trotsky.jpg
Leon_Trotsky_128x128.png

imgres

just finished listening to the show. . . you can thank me for the Freshbeat Band discussion :).

Wombat. . . to further the discussion what do you think of the new Reed and the 14 different incarnations of the Jr. Beats?

[quote name='bickle']So you should only care if the person is famous. Got it.[/QUOTE]

uh, no you don't. Don't hurt yourself with that reach there buddy.

Plenty of famous people had has zero impact on the world which is why I made the distinction.
Maybe i am crazy, but I don't like to see innovators have to diminish their role in life, no matter the context.

Got a chuckle out of Wombat dissing the Star Wars Kinect game in a condescending, nonchalant tone in one breath, and then letting the inner Star Wars fanboy out and saying that it looked cool, with a hint of anticipation in the next.

I sent this out to Cheapy via Twitter, but he didn't pick it up, so I thought I'd throw it in here. What does everyone think about whether there will be/should be another regional PAX? Something along the lines of PAX South (Atlanta or Austin) or PAX North (Chicago). I suppose there is the risk of diluting the brand, but it also opens up major market regions for exposure as well.

Asking out of selfish reasons too, as I would be able to drive to Atlanta or catch a cheap flight to Chicago for a day's worth of the convention, but probably wouldn't do that for Seattle or Boston.

Great story Ship…God I just love potty humor.

I had the same thing happen to me. Most likely you experienced a low blood pressure moment (same for Cheapy when he had his second child).

According to my Doctor, when you have a huge amount of piss it actually raises your blood pressure by a far amount. As you drain the main vein, the pressure in your body can drop dramatically. You get dizzy, sweaty, and sometimes a little sick to your stomach and then pass out. This can happen in a few seconds. You’re especially susceptible to this after being sick because your body is still weak and can’t adjust to changes in blood pressure as quickly. You made matters worse by probably standing while taking a piss. As your blood pressure dropped, the blood started to flow faster down toward your feet and away from your brain.

As for Cheapy, same thing, the massive amount of straining raised your blood pressure. The sudden release caused a dramatic drop; quite literally in Cheapy’s case.

The best thing to do is lie on your back with your knees up to force the blood back to your brain as quick as possible. Trust me; you’ll feel so much better a lot quicker getting those legs up.

In my case, it lasted a LONG time as my body adjusted to being anemic from chemotherapy. Every single fricken time I took a leak. I couldn’t pee standing up for 6 months. I actually had to lie down once in a McDonalds bathroom. McDonalds! Thanks God little Timmy didn’t walk in with his dad while my pants were down, my pecker out, sweating like a pig and panting. That would have been fun to explain to the officer.

Better to say nothing than make a big point (and then repeat it) about not caring about someone's illness, Wombat. You really bring this podcast down sometimes.

Hey guys great show as always. I have a question for you for next weeks cagbag. I recently found out that Voltron is getting an XBLA game. I loved Voltron when I was a kid in Japan and was excited to read the news about the game. I looked up the trailers for it and not suprisingly it looks horrible. The animations and voice acting in the video are terrible.I can only imagine that the game will be the same. Probably generic missions and gameplay with questionable controls. That said I am still excited for the game and will be giving the publisher/developer my msp when it releases. My question to you is have you ever had a game that you knew was going to be horrible to play when it came out that you were still excited for?
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. Keep up the great work and hope Shipwreck enjoys PAX.

I'm amazed that a class action lawsuit has not been filed against GameStop for the years of their shady practices.

[quote name='clatu6']Great story Ship…God I just love potty humor.

I had the same thing happen to me. Most likely you experienced a low blood pressure moment (same for Cheapy when he had his second child).

According to my Doctor, when you have a huge amount of piss it actually raises your blood pressure by a far amount. As you drain the main vein, the pressure in your body can drop dramatically. You get dizzy, sweaty, and sometimes a little sick to your stomach and then pass out. This can happen in a few seconds. You’re especially susceptible to this after being sick because your body is still weak and can’t adjust to changes in blood pressure as quickly. You made matters worse by probably standing while taking a piss. As your blood pressure dropped, the blood started to flow faster down toward your feet and away from your brain.

As for Cheapy, same thing, the massive amount of straining raised your blood pressure. The sudden release caused a dramatic drop; quite literally in Cheapy’s case.

The best thing to do is lie on your back with your knees up to force the blood back to your brain as quick as possible. Trust me; you’ll feel so much better a lot quicker getting those legs up.

In my case, it lasted a LONG time as my body adjusted to being anemic from chemotherapy. Every single fricken time I took a leak. I couldn’t pee standing up for 6 months. I actually had to lie down once in a McDonalds bathroom. McDonalds! Thanks God little Timmy didn’t walk in with his dad while my pants were down, my pecker out, sweating like a pig and panting. That would have been fun to explain to the officer.[/QUOTE]

It was micturition syncope. Basically, when one strains to urinate (or to have a BM for that matter), vagal tone increases leading to bradycardia and hypotension. No further workup or medical attention is necessary. ED docs are strange people... there is no indication for a CT scan with such a history (but it seems quite difficult to leave an ED without getting a CT scan or two nowadays... what a shame).

Urinating per se should not drop one's blood pressure outside of the neurohormonal reflexes as urine (an ultrafiltrate of plasma) is already in the bladder and not contributing to intravascular volume.

I am proud to announce that I, phantomroy08, have completed the act of listening to all of the cagcasts from 123 (the farthest back the i-phone site goes to) to 250-which is a grand total of 127 cagcasts and about 190 hours of podcasts if you do the math. I did this from the end of June until August 29th. I really enjoy the cagcast as shown by my ability to make it through. From the bad company 1 discussion to the live shows to the mass effect asskissing, to the alan wake disscussion to cheapy and wombats fail of a diet to aquiring boat crash as amember of the cast I thouroughly enjoyed every episode. I was recommended to this by wikigameguides' two chimps on a davenport podcast. But a few questions linger on. Where is the 200th anneversary special episode with a compilation of the funniest quotes? Why the hell did Cheapy move to japan? How do you run a show where the hosts are all in different parts of the world? After my accomplishment I think I've earned a shout out! Thanks.

I think the Valve story Cheapy was referring to was people boycotting Left 4 Dead 2 because it came out so soon after Left 4 Dead 1.

I haven't seen Freshbeat in a long time, but I always thought the chick from the Imagination Movers was pretty damn cute. I'm sure all 4 of the movers pile on when the camera stops rolling, if you know what I mean.

The only thing I know about Freshbeat is that they make smoothies, because my son started asking for smoothies after watching the show a bunch. Which was cool; I just started making fresh (and frozen) fruit smoothies at home, which are delicious and not bad for you (just need some frozen fruit, some fresh fruit, a little milk, and a little yogurt. Blend and drink!).

bread's done
Back