CAGcast #250: You're In Trouble

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 billyok

billyok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Better to say nothing than make a big point (and then repeat it) about not caring about someone's illness, Wombat. You really bring this podcast down sometimes.

#32 AngryDragon888

AngryDragon888

9 Toes 3 Balls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Passing out in the middle of an epic piss and not getting any on you...:applause:

431048.png?51606429

#33 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hey guys great show as always. I have a question for you for next weeks cagbag. I recently found out that Voltron is getting an XBLA game. I loved Voltron when I was a kid in Japan and was excited to read the news about the game. I looked up the trailers for it and not suprisingly it looks horrible. The animations and voice acting in the video are terrible.I can only imagine that the game will be the same. Probably generic missions and gameplay with questionable controls. That said I am still excited for the game and will be giving the publisher/developer my msp when it releases. My question to you is have you ever had a game that you knew was going to be horrible to play when it came out that you were still excited for?
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. Keep up the great work and hope Shipwreck enjoys PAX.

#34 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

I guess I got my answer. Penny Arcade Expo planning on branching out to third city.

http://www.joystiq.c...-to-third-city/
Posted Image

#35 GaTechGrad

GaTechGrad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'm amazed that a class action lawsuit has not been filed against GameStop for the years of their shady practices.

#36 Greenseer

Greenseer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

Do we seriously need another 3ds?! Epic story Shipwreck!! Great show like always.

EduardoNS.png EduardoNS.png

#37 BigT

BigT

Hey Zach...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Great story Ship…God I just love potty humor.

I had the same thing happen to me. Most likely you experienced a low blood pressure moment (same for Cheapy when he had his second child).

According to my Doctor, when you have a huge amount of piss it actually raises your blood pressure by a far amount. As you drain the main vein, the pressure in your body can drop dramatically. You get dizzy, sweaty, and sometimes a little sick to your stomach and then pass out. This can happen in a few seconds. You’re especially susceptible to this after being sick because your body is still weak and can’t adjust to changes in blood pressure as quickly. You made matters worse by probably standing while taking a piss. As your blood pressure dropped, the blood started to flow faster down toward your feet and away from your brain.

As for Cheapy, same thing, the massive amount of straining raised your blood pressure. The sudden release caused a dramatic drop; quite literally in Cheapy’s case.

The best thing to do is lie on your back with your knees up to force the blood back to your brain as quick as possible. Trust me; you’ll feel so much better a lot quicker getting those legs up.

In my case, it lasted a LONG time as my body adjusted to being anemic from chemotherapy. Every single fricken time I took a leak. I couldn’t pee standing up for 6 months. I actually had to lie down once in a McDonalds bathroom. McDonalds! Thanks God little Timmy didn’t walk in with his dad while my pants were down, my pecker out, sweating like a pig and panting. That would have been fun to explain to the officer.

It was micturition syncope. Basically, when one strains to urinate (or to have a BM for that matter), vagal tone increases leading to bradycardia and hypotension. No further workup or medical attention is necessary. ED docs are strange people... there is no indication for a CT scan with such a history (but it seems quite difficult to leave an ED without getting a CT scan or two nowadays... what a shame).

Urinating per se should not drop one's blood pressure outside of the neurohormonal reflexes as urine (an ultrafiltrate of plasma) is already in the bladder and not contributing to intravascular volume.

#38 phantomroy08

phantomroy08

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

I am proud to announce that I, phantomroy08, have completed the act of listening to all of the cagcasts from 123 (the farthest back the i-phone site goes to) to 250-which is a grand total of 127 cagcasts and about 190 hours of podcasts if you do the math. I did this from the end of June until August 29th. I really enjoy the cagcast as shown by my ability to make it through. From the bad company 1 discussion to the live shows to the mass effect asskissing, to the alan wake disscussion to cheapy and wombats fail of a diet to aquiring boat crash as amember of the cast I thouroughly enjoyed every episode. I was recommended to this by wikigameguides' two chimps on a davenport podcast. But a few questions linger on. Where is the 200th anneversary special episode with a compilation of the funniest quotes? Why the hell did Cheapy move to japan? How do you run a show where the hosts are all in different parts of the world? After my accomplishment I think I've earned a shout out! Thanks.

#39 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

I think the Valve story Cheapy was referring to was people boycotting Left 4 Dead 2 because it came out so soon after Left 4 Dead 1.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#40 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

New Marina is way hotter.

#41 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

I haven't seen Freshbeat in a long time, but I always thought the chick from the Imagination Movers was pretty damn cute. I'm sure all 4 of the movers pile on when the camera stops rolling, if you know what I mean.

The only thing I know about Freshbeat is that they make smoothies, because my son started asking for smoothies after watching the show a bunch. Which was cool; I just started making fresh (and frozen) fruit smoothies at home, which are delicious and not bad for you (just need some frozen fruit, some fresh fruit, a little milk, and a little yogurt. Blend and drink!).