44 replies to this topic

#1 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Use promo code "CHEAPASS15" to get another 15% off

:pc: Dragon Age II $10.16 after coupon

Dragon Age 2 (Direct2Drive) $11.95 GET SOME!
Also you can redeem the product on Origin but of course not on Steam

$11.95 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Edited by CheapyD, 27 August 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#2 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Thank you amazing deal!!!
Dragon Age 2 for $10.16 =)

#3 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

And The Witcher 2 and Two World II are on sale! I picked up Two World II with the CAG promo code.

#4 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

great, now I just need a deal on the first game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Not sure it's worth it even at this price. Heard really bad things about DAII

#6 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Also Fable 3 for 24.95 and Dawn of War II Retribution for 14.95. All work with the code.

#7 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Also Homefront is being price matched with Gamersgate so is $12.73 with CHEAPASS15 promo code.

#8 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Picked up DA2. For $11 it seems worth it. I just will go into the game expecting it to be nowhere near as good as DA1 and hopefully I will not be disappointed.

What I have read from people is the game is more disappointing as a sequel to an amazing game rather than being a BAD game.

Registered it on my Origin account no problem.

#9 terb73

terb73

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Not sure it's worth it even at this price. Heard really bad things about DAII

it isn't. Anything over 5 is an utter waste.

#10 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

it isn't. Anything over 5 is an utter waste.

I don't know, I think you might be selling it short. It had a decent story, but very repetitive environments. I played all the way through it and for the most part enjoyed it. That said, I would not recommend anyone pay more than 20 for it, but its certainly a serviceable RPG with good voice acting.

#11 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Don't get it. Words fail to express the level of disappointment that is the second half of Dragon Age II.

It's worse than not playing it at all because the first half builds expectations so high.

#12 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Ugh Just Cause 2, Shogun 2 and now this?

Have to bite on this. Thanks OP >.>

#13 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

I'm tempted to pick up Homefront at that price, but between Deus Ex, Dead Island soon, the upcoming onslaught of releases, and the backlog I already have, I know I won't end up playing it until it's on sale for $5 somewhere.
Posted Image

#14 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

DA2 is not a perfect game and parts of it feel rushed, but as far as storytelling and characters, it's classic Bioware quality.
Posted Image

#15 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Also Homefront is being price matched with Gamersgate so is $12.73 with CHEAPASS15 promo code.

Hmm, is Homefront worth $13? Does it have a decent online community still?

#16 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hmm, is Homefront worth $13? Does it have a decent online community still?

It's still playable but I seem to remember 800 or so online last time I played. Which is kinda sad for a game that released earlier this year.

#17 mrniceguy8

mrniceguy8

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Saying it's not worth $5 is extreme exaggeration. As a video game, it's fine. As a Dragon Age game it didn't live up to the first, but that's no reason to write it off as trash. It's a great game for $10 if anyone is interested in buying it. I enjoyed it greatly, despite its flaws.

#18 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

Saying it's not worth $5 is extreme exaggeration. As a video game, it's fine. As a Dragon Age game it didn't live up to the first, but that's no reason to write it off as trash. It's a great game for $10 if anyone is interested in buying it. I enjoyed it greatly, despite its flaws.

I just want to know if it will destroy the warm afterglow feeling I had with DA:O... the demo kind of killed my want of finishing the 2nd play through of O... but I heard some story elements were piss poor about blood mages and another group (not going into spoilers). Don't want a Matrix R/R experience.

#19 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

I just want to know if it will destroy the warm afterglow feeling I had with DA:O... the demo kind of killed my want of finishing the 2nd play through of O... but I heard some story elements were piss poor about blood mages and another group (not going into spoilers). Don't want a Matrix R/R experience.

I played through the first one several times. I think that the second Dragon Age is almost like a side story with some of the same characters. The end really depends on some of the choices you make, so just like the first one your enjoyment may be based on what choices you make throughout the game.

I have put many hours into the first one, and I absolutely feel that the second is worth playing and did not ruin the story. In fact, it really helped expand one character and some of the choices towards the end were very interesting to me. Just don't expect it to be as good as the first, because in most ways, it is not.

#20 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

OOF really tempted to bite on Homefront...something to hold me over until BF3....
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#21 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Agreed w/ that.
I thought it was worth the $30 or so I spent on it, actually.

But, yeah - DA2 is definitely nowhere as great as DAO.
DA2 is easily worth the $12 or so D2D is asking for it.

#22 terb73

terb73

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

Agreed w/ that.
I thought it was worth the $30 or so I spent on it, actually.

But, yeah - DA2 is definitely nowhere as great as DAO.
DA2 is easily worth the $12 or so D2D is asking for it.

I would go as far as saying that Dragon Age 2 isn't even worth the time it takes to play it.

#23 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

why can't they accept my phone number?
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#24 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

I would go as far as saying that Dragon Age 2 isn't even worth the time it takes to play it.

You have now posted twice about this, would you care to elaborate? I've played 100's of hours of both games and I'm interested to hear the other side of it.

#25 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

If anybody prefers to buy from Amazon, you'll be glad to know they've matched the price.

*Edit: This is for $11.95, not $10.16

Edited by karatebear, 26 August 2011 - 11:59 PM.
Clarifying price

Posted Image

#26 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

Picked up DA2. For $11 it seems worth it. I just will go into the game expecting it to be nowhere near as good as DA1 and hopefully I will not be disappointed.

What I have read from people is the game is more disappointing as a sequel to an amazing game rather than being a BAD game.

Registered it on my Origin account no problem.

It's a really good game. Really really good game. Like, just beat it and going to definetly play through again. It's not perfect, it didn't revolutionize the world of video games, but it's probably in my top 20-30 games of all time, and I've played a ton of video games back from the 1980's. Yes, I'm old.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#27 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well.. I suppose that is an opinion. But few games of this caliber exist, and fewer exist that allow you to continue the story from the previous game that you customized. End of Halo is the same for pretty much everyone - which is fine, awesome game, but it's a different type of game.

For the cost of less than most XBLA games, you can have an amazing experience for well over 100 hours if you play it through a couple of times. My next playthrough is going to be as a magic hating blood mage.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

1080p DLP™ HDTV

#28 uricmu

uricmu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

So if I never played any of the DAOs and don't have more than 10-20 hours total to pour into a game, what would be a better experience, I or II?

#29 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

So if I never played any of the DAOs and don't have more than 10-20 hours total to pour into a game, what would be a better experience, I or II?

Neither. You probably should avoid RPGs in general if you dont have more than 10-20 hours.

#30 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

10-20 hours? Dragon Age 2

1080p DLP™ HDTV