• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 kdb1981

kdb1981

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

thanks
DO ANY OF US REALLY EXIST OR ARE WE ALL JUST PART OF SOMETHING IN A MUCH GREATER REALITY'S DREAM?!? IF SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE DREAMER AWAKES!?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

10-20 hours? Dragon Age 2

I wonder if playing a third or half or whatever of DA:O might not still be a more fulfilling use of his time than playing all of DA2...

#33 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Wow great deal!

#34 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

If anybody prefers to buy from Amazon, you'll be glad to know they've matched the price.

*Edit: This is for $11.95, not $10.16

Can I re-download Amazon.com games "forever"?

#35 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Seeing as this game can never be part of one of Steam's sales again, this is a very good price for it!

sig.gif 

#36 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Can I re-download Amazon.com games "forever"?

Yes. Also, you can add the serial code to Origin and download it there "forever" too.

#37 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Might pick up DA2 and add it to Origin. I kind of hopped on the Origin bandwagon since it doesn't have to run WITH the games once they are installed, so it's not like it's competing with my Steam love affair really.

#38 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

This is one of the worst sequels that I have ever played. I don't understand the point of it. It seems like I just keep going in circles. I advise against getting this game. Like someone said, it isn't worth $5.

#39 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I can't even bring myself to pull the trigger at about 10 bucks. This makes me weep for the DA series. To think I was going to pre-order this until I actually heard what they were going to do with this game.

#40 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Got it, thanks OP!

#41 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

I can't even bring myself to pull the trigger at about 10 bucks. This makes me weep for the DA series. To think I was going to pre-order this until I actually heard what they were going to do with this game.

What did they do that was so bad exactly? Besides some recycling of environments, I don't recall anything about the game that was really all that egregious compared to the first one. I think a lot of people were expecting more from the game, but some of you are talking about it like it's unplayable garbage. It is not as good as the first one, but it's better than a lot of other crap RPGs that are out there. If you actually liked the first one, I have no idea why you wouldn't buy this for 20-30 bucks much less the paltry 10 dollars its being sold for.

#42 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

What did they do that was so bad exactly? Besides some recycling of environments, I don't recall anything about the game that was really all that egregious compared to the first one. I think a lot of people were expecting more from the game, but some of you are talking about it like it's unplayable garbage. It is not as good as the first one, but it's better than a lot of other crap RPGs that are out there. If you actually liked the first one, I have no idea why you wouldn't buy this for 20-30 bucks much less the paltry 10 dollars its being sold for.

Repeat maps, human only, waves that pop out of nowhere, restricted inventory for companions, a bland story centered around one city, quest that have you buy an interest in a mine that provide no actual results, conversation wheel, small world, fast combat instead of stategic... I mean I can go on. I get that you like this game, and that's fine. It's not about price. Games I think I will like marginally I will pay less for... but all the reasons that had me reject this game at release... still hold true and surprisingly don't make me feel too different at 10 dollars. I also think you have an idea why some people would choose not to buy this game at said prices, you just don't agree which, again, is fine.

I should also mention I almost bought it based on your feedback, but then I realized if the words Dragon Age were not in the title... I wouldn't be interested at all which means the game doesn't interest me but the world does, and I can wait for DA 3 to see if they address issues as they said they would.

Edited by Nesrie, 28 August 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#43 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

Origin? No thanks. :P That and I'll wait for the DLC to get added in and it to all hit that price ala Fallout 3 GOTY did. I'm a patient cheapass.

#44 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

whats with the amazon price in the OP? its more expensive. someone sucking amazon's dick.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

Repeat maps, human only, waves that pop out of nowhere, restricted inventory for companions, a bland story centered around one city, quest that have you buy an interest in a mine that provide no actual results, conversation wheel, small world, fast combat instead of stategic... I mean I can go on. I get that you like this game, and that's fine. It's not about price. Games I think I will like marginally I will pay less for... but all the reasons that had me reject this game at release... still hold true and surprisingly don't make me feel too different at 10 dollars. I also think you have an idea why some people would choose not to buy this game at said prices, you just don't agree which, again, is fine.

Agreed 100% on all counts. Dragon Age 2 is by far one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I've beaten every Bioware RPG (not counting the Sonic DS game) since the first Baldur's Gate and I only got about 15 hours into the game before I finally uninstalled the game in disgust. And for about but the first 2 or 3 hours I was literally forcing myself to keep going, hoping that it was better. I was so wrong.

Dragon Age 2 isn't even worth playing if you get it for free.
Posted Image