• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#91 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Good morning!

@mitnosi I played Albion on Galahad (Ballack the Bard) but my main was on Guinevere (Ballak the Skald)…I put together one of the first groups to kill a dragon on Guin, and I was part of the first Legion run in Darkness Falls.

@kensindono I am absolutely still a fan of Bioware, like I said in my original post, I’m currently playing through DAO for the 5th time and I still have great memories playing hours and hours of Baldur’s Gate. Everyone has different tastes though right? What were your thoughts on The Witcher?

@MysterD thanks for your post and callouts. Like I said, our goal is to provide you with a great experience at a great price.

As for the other posts regarding my focus on digital only, I don’t want to keep harping on the subject (because we’re going to have a lot of awesome digital deals for those PC folks here!) I want to let you know that I will definitely pass all your feedback over to the physical side of the fence. @greenspark you didn’t come off as too upset, just passionate about your gaming and this community…which is what makes getting to work in this industry so very awesome, so thanks for the feedback.

I’m off to PAX in a couple of hours, I’ll check back in this evening and let you all know what I thought about what I got to play.

Cheers,
Tony

#92 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Seriously, the download deal on Amazon for Deus Ex: HR - which requires Steam - is quite good.
Sure, not good as GMG a bit ago for Reg Edition at $28.80, but still...better than most.

Seriously, Amazon has matched A LOT of the other places w/ PC digital download deals.

Umm you may have missed my point completely, but I don't care if Amazon matched and beat every PC digital download available in the world, I'm upset with Amazon's representation on this board being PC/digital only. I'm sure a great number of Amazon's gaming sales come from the console side of gaming as well as physical copies of those games and to have someone not able to represent that side of their business here is rather deflating. Just my opinion.

Edit: Thanks for the response Tony. Like I said, didn't want to sound upset, I'm just passionate about console gaming and there are always lots of inquiries here as to Dotd's, Video Game Goldbox days, price drops, etc, but if you can handle some of those requests, that's a good start. Thanks again for the response.

#93 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Too bad bards were dirty hibs and minstrels were albion.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#94 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Good morning!

@mitnosi I played Albion on Galahad (Ballack the Bard) but my main was on Guinevere (Ballak the Skald)…I put together one of the first groups to kill a dragon on Guin, and I was part of the first Legion run in Darkness Falls.

@kensindono I am absolutely still a fan of Bioware, like I said in my original post, I’m currently playing through DAO for the 5th time and I still have great memories playing hours and hours of Baldur’s Gate. Everyone has different tastes though right? What were your thoughts on The Witcher?

@MysterD thanks for your post and callouts. Like I said, our goal is to provide you with a great experience at a great price.

As for the other posts regarding my focus on digital only, I don’t want to keep harping on the subject (because we’re going to have a lot of awesome digital deals for those PC folks here!) I want to let you know that I will definitely pass all your feedback over to the physical side of the fence. @greenspark you didn’t come off as too upset, just passionate about your gaming and this community…which is what makes getting to work in this industry so very awesome, so thanks for the feedback.

I’m off to PAX in a couple of hours, I’ll check back in this evening and let you all know what I thought about what I got to play.

Cheers,
Tony

I remember when Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga PC digital download was $20 during Steam summer sale on Steam, you guys went ahead and beat it at $16. :P

And you matched DOW2: Retribution for $7.50, during the Steam sale - before Steam pulled the price back up to $15; and you guys LEFT it there at $7.50! :)

Oh, and you guys matched AC: Brotherhood Reg Edition PC download for $16 - which matched D2D and...I forget whoelse had it at that price... [shrug]
And the Deluxe Edition was $25 to download.

Amazon does a pretty good job w/ price-matching others or beating them - especially on PC digital deals.
Also, I think console gamers have ALWAYS had great deals on physical goods. [shrug] I might not be a console gamer, but I've seen some good deals over the years there.

I think the reason Amazon is here w/ dedicating themselves on the PC digital deals is b/c the PC has become a big deal, again - and a lot of the sales are being done digital avenues such as Steam [especially Steam], Impulse, GreenMan, Direct2Drive, and of course Amazon.

Quite frankly, being a gamer in general, whether you do PC digital, PC retail, or consoles, or all of the above - you want to pay attention to Amazon. They always try to stay competitive.

About The Witcher 1 and 2 - both are great games. ESPECIALLY The Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG's of 2011, if you ask me.

#95 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

About The Witcher 1 and 2 - both are great games. ESPECIALLY The Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG's of 2011, if you ask me.

I would say that is even an understatement.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#96 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Too bad bards were dirty hibs and minstrels were albion.

Bah, my bad, and good catch! It has been a few years since I played and like I said my main was the Skald on Guin. I only started the Alb Minst because a buddy of mine got tired of his Mid and wanted to run Alb for a bit. I only played him long enough to spend time in the first BG.

#97 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

@Amazon DVG Deals

Is there any reason you guys don't offer a Fable 3 PC digital download for sale?
I see you have a Retail Box for sale, but No Digital Download.

#98 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

1. It seems like a ton of people are wondering if I’m here to represent only Digital Deals. The short answer to that question is “Yes”. I work specifically for the Digital Video Games team, that doesn’t mean I won’t participate in discussions about console games I’m playing though.

Hehe, Tony you're in for a wild ride. The fact you have Amazon in your name means you now represent them as a whole here. That's just how you will be viewed regardless. To be blunt, we don't really have much use for an Amazon rep who only deals in digital because Steam has mostly claimed that market-share here. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money on new releases, but it's an uphill battle TBH.

I can promise you that while we will certainly appreciate your help, you will be contacted whenever a deal goes south or people are clamoring for a price match for whatever is on sale at the most obscure places. Quite frankly, you have some big shoes to fill. I don't mean to scare you off, but this is just how people do. It will happen, so hopefully you're prepared. Realize just shrugging people off because it's not your department will send a bad message. You are our Amazon contact, so why can't you find/ask/DO something?

I'm not one to judge, but you also have some fierce competition here from the likes of Josh, or our Kmart rep. He has won people over through covering all aspects of gaming, not just digital. People here will compare you to him, so be prepared for that. They won't care that it's not fair to you, but you elicited it by posting here. In fact, best to get to know him as he's now a seasoned CAG here who will undoubtedly help you out.

Ultimately, we love Amazon because they bend to our every whim and if you can't provide that same experience, expect backlash. I'm not saying you have to provide ridiculous deals, but people here are accustomed to how your Amazon CSR's have treated them. That said, the warm welcome you've seen so far is inspired by that customer service. We're hoping you can accentuate that experience.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#99 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

legally blind can mean that you can still see, just that it might be so poorly that by legal definition you are considered to be pretty much blind.

id being able to see even a little bit, even poorly wouldn't stop someone from playing games since fully blind people have played games before.

Sarcasm, lost.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#100 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Good to have you on CAG, Tony!

I know it's not your department but can you let the physical PC folks know that their refusal to price match is losing them (at least my) business? I've cancelled my two Battlefield 3 pre-orders and my Skyrim pre-order with Amazon because I've been able to get them each for $48 at Newegg. I contacted customer support, but they don't give a crap.
Wubwubwubwub.

#101 nddave

nddave

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Im a Little late to the party.

Welcome to the board, Tony
CAG4LIFE

#102 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

One gripe I have about Amazon digital (and I doubt this can ever change) is that they charge tax. Others do as well, whereas Steam does not. I went to add DE:HR to my cart and suddenly my $34 purchase was $37. It definitely makes it less attractive.

I do appreciate all of the price matching, however, and it's nice to have more options, so thanks for posting.

#103 beniah

beniah

I'm a venture capitalist?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

, I'm upset with Amazon's representation on this board being PC/digital only. I'm sure a great number of Amazon's gaming sales come from the console side of gaming as well as physical copies of those games and to have someone not able to represent that side of their business here is rather deflating.

To be blunt, we don't really have much use for an Amazon rep who only deals in digital because Steam has mostly claimed that market-share here. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money on new releases, but it's an uphill battle TBH.

It seems really weird to me to bitch about something good and new- Greenspark, just chill out and pretend Tony never said hello to us- maybe you will be happier.

It doesn't make sense to you that Amazon has two different people heading up physical and digital deals? So the guy in charge of letting us know about digital deals says hello and you tell him he isn't good enough? A very strange response.

I for one only buy digital games- because I live abroad- and I'm actually really stoked that someone is here from amazon talking only digital- so welcome man, and everybody who wants uber Amazon liaison man just keep your opinions in check please.

P.S.- A great deal! I bought this and am loving the game :)

#104 DizoAZ

DizoAZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Good deal on the HR edition through Amazon. However, you can still get the HR AE version cheaper through GreenManGaming.

It comes out to $40.00 after using promo code HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE.

Since the Deus Ex game has to be activated through Steam, it doesn't really matter where you purchase it from, it will be forever linked with Steam.

#105 foleykoontz

foleykoontz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Careful buying this at the moment. There are disappearing HUD issues that completely break the game along with shadows displaying 2 feet to the left. The latter problem may just be me but I have found other reports about the HUD. Only way to fix it is to load an old save that has it up. Now I have a game that I can't even play until a new patch comes out...

#106 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Good deal on the HR edition through Amazon. However, you can still get the HR AE version cheaper through GreenManGaming.

It comes out to $40.00 after using promo code HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE.

Since the Deus Ex game has to be activated through Steam, it doesn't really matter where you purchase it from, it will be forever linked with Steam.

and you get a 5.00USD credited to your account if you sign up an account with a referral link :D

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#107 DizoAZ

DizoAZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

and you get a 5.00USD credited to your account if you sign up an account with a referral link :D

Exactly LOL. It's seriously a good deal, already got $10 credit by referring two of my friends to buy Dead Island. They also have $5.00 each for a future purchase.

#108 bluedeviltron

bluedeviltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Never again buying a PC game at full price on release.

#109 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hi CAG Community,

[snip]

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer

Q1) Any chance of expanding to console digital games and DLC? You used to have some games such as Ikaruga on XBL...

Q2) Would you be able pass along price-matches for us? Many of us use the link on the amazon product page but it would help to have some more insider influence ;)

#110 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hey Tony welcome to CAG! :applause:

I just want to say thanks for DOW2: Retribution for $7.50, during the Steam sale. I wanted the game and Steam raised the price but you guys kept it at 7.50! :bouncy:

As several others have said when it comes to digital games on PC, Steam has a colossal market share. I'm excited to see the offers you have in mind for us. Honestly, though I will end up mostly purchasing the games that use Steamworks (it's an addiction). :drool:

I'm a huge Bioware fan myself. Still own the big box version of Baldur's Gate with Tales of the Sword Coast. Recently, I found Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn at a Play and Trade for 2.02 to replace my old copy I lost!!!!! Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is one my favorite games of all time (in fact I boycotted Old Republic for the longest time since I wanted KOTOR 3). They rank just above Valve in my opinion.

The thing that I love about Amazon digital is that I can use the Amazon credit I have on my account instead of paying out of my own pocket.

Nice to have you on board! :D

Edited by evildeadjedi, 28 August 2011 - 04:37 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

It seems really weird to me to bitch about something good and new- Greenspark, just chill out and pretend Tony never said hello to us- maybe you will be happier.

It doesn't make sense to you that Amazon has two different people heading up physical and digital deals? So the guy in charge of letting us know about digital deals says hello and you tell him he isn't good enough? A very strange response.

I for one only buy digital games- because I live abroad- and I'm actually really stoked that someone is here from amazon talking only digital- so welcome man, and everybody who wants uber Amazon liaison man just keep your opinions in check please.

Sorry you took issues with my earlier retorts, but I feel everyone on this board has the right to voice their opinions, including me. And contrary to what you may believe, Tony's presence here has no true bearing on my own personal level of happiness, so I am already chilled, but thanks.

As soon as I clicked on this thread and saw the originator's name in green, I was elated to think we finally had someone from Amazon on this board to represent gaming in all the capacity that Josh does in the K-mart thread. Jodou's reply was dead on the money in every word, as I immediately sub-consciously applied Amazon's excellent customer service to Tony's representation here, albeit unintentionally. As another consequence, I instantly thought of Josh's level of authority on all things gaming, related to K-mart and imagined no way Amazon (whose probably bigger than K-mart when it comes to game sales, no offense Josh) would not have someone here in that very same capacity. If you've read the entire thread up to this point, you would have noticed Tony replied to my response and said he'd pass along feedback when possible, so we've already cleared that up.

As for you loving digital games, good for you I say. I for one only buy physical games and not for PC's, so we both have a different view on how to consume/purchase our games...nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone here expected Tony to be some "uber Amazon liaison" (who cares about home gardening or jewelry), but at least able to represent gaming for Amazon on this board in a capacity similar to Josh, that's all.

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice and hold your tongue, or at least assess the situation fully before going on the attack next time. Check yourself. And once again, welcome Tony.;)

#112 HeyBeerman

HeyBeerman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Son wanted it for his birthday, so this worked out great. First time I've bought a digital download game ... Thanks for the deal!

#113 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

From Dust was $12 earlier, I don't care about the DRM so I bought it. Just throwing it out there.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#114 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

Hey everyone,

There has been a ton of activity on this thread today! I wanted to make sure you all know I've read every post and made note. You can expect me to address as many of the comments and questions as possible in the near future (hopefully tomorrow). More than anything I'm really excited to see how much interest there is in hearing from Amazon.

I also wanted to let everyone know that PAX was awesome today and gauge interest around hearing about it. Like I said, I'm a huge gamer and absolutely love going to and talking about events like PAX, but want to make sure that is the kind of stuff you want to hear from me. So, for now, under the assumption that you do...

I spend most of my time at PAX trying to absorb Indie content, because I figure it is pretty much a given that I'll be playing the AAA stuff when it comes out. One of the best titles I got my hands on today was Joe Danger the movie. This quirky little racing game felt like a mashup of Road Rage and MarioKart.

I also stopped by the Behemoth booth and got to play some Battleblock Theater. This game looks wildly addicting and I expect that my buddies and I will spend as many hours playing it and yelling at each other as we did on Castle Crashers.

Tomorrow I plan on getting my hands on Torchlight II and Firefall, unless you all tell me otherwise, I'll let you know what I think!

Cheers,
Tony

#115 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Are the game code and the pre-order bonus codes separate? I thinking I may keep the bonus code for myself and gift the game.

#116 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:15 AM

The codes are one in the same. Your unlock code automatically unlocks the bonus. And thanks Tony, got this about an hour ago and am loving it!

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#117 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

The codes are one in the same. Your unlock code automatically unlocks the bonus.

Oh, that sucks.

"Deus Ex" Bonus Offer
For a limited time, order the digital download version of the Standard or Augmented edition of "Deus Ex" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. Your product key will unlock both the game and the Tactical Enhancement Pack. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

That makes it sound like it's separate.

#118 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

For a limited time, order the digital download version of the Standard or Augmented edition of "Deus Ex" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. Your product key will unlock both the game and the Tactical Enhancement Pack. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#119 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

:-#

Hey, I found my place! Thank you for showing it to me.

#120 ryamkajr

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Quick question. The Augmented Edition download file is 7.1GB, right? Just checking....