Homefront (PC-Download) $14.98 on Amazon & D2D

Hmm I'll have to think on this a bit. $10 would have been an instant buy.

Steam is currently showing ~500 players online playing Homefront right now although that number doesn't show how many are playing single or multi.

[quote name='Bierno']yeah 500 people... that lame.. i would buy it if it was more liek 5k people or 5$ with 500 people[/QUOTE]

Im not buying a game unless 500,000 people I dont know are playing online. No way will you ever be able to get into a multiplayer game with just 500 people playing it at a time that most people in the world are still working or just getting home.

well 500 people mean it will just get smaller... and it be a waste to buy even if you can play with those 500 people.. as it will die faster..

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Im not buying a game unless 500,000 people I dont know are playing online. No way will you ever be able to get into a multiplayer game with just 500 people playing it at a time that most people in the world are still working or just getting home.[/QUOTE]

...kinda rude...

What is up with all of the hate?

I have owned pretty much every online FPS for the past 10 years. This is by no means excellent but it still is a decent title, especially for $12 or $15.

[quote name='BrolyB593']What is up with all of the hate?

I have owned pretty much every online FPS for the past 10 years. This is by no means excellent but it still is a decent title, especially for $12 or $15.[/QUOTE]

Homefront came, promising all kinds of great things. Especially to PC gamers with talk of "their own version" and "THQ's Call of Duty," etc, and then it came out.

And it was only pretty good. Also, it's story seems more far fetched than Red Alert's and that's saying something... I think the original version of the story was going to have China be the "Asian Boogey Man" but then Marketing came in and said, "Dude, do you know how many copies of this game we can sell in China?" So then they looked for an Asian country (since work had already begun on art, character models, etc.) that wouldn't offer the promise of money from sales. They didn't want to use Iran because Arabs have been done to death and how many ultra/neonationalist Russian fanatics can you have in games that aren't by Tom Clancy?

And North Korea rose above the others like a beacon, music swelling, a voice whispering behind it, "No money will be lost by villifying uuuuuussss..." and boom, the decision was easy. That lack of courage to go with the country that is more realistic (China) conquering the US is what puts me off the game's story more than anything. Too bad killing North Koreans was already done in Crysis.

Everybody seems to be on the lookout for our generation's nazis and no matter who they find, somebody complains. Alas, finding people who commit genocide is not as easy as it once was. Perhaps one day we may even have to realize that there is no good vs evil, black vs white struggle. With this game, THQ stands up and says, "Not today. Not on our watch. Today, it's good vs evil and North Korea... in all its poverty and feeble military-ness, it is evil. And we are good. And they invaded all the other Asian countries that might have stopped them, making them evil in those countries, too. What with their conveniently large markets to sell this game! All on their way to Tigerdirect in Suburbia, US of A."

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Homefront came, promising all kinds of great things. Especially to PC gamers with talk of "their own version" and "THQ's Call of Duty," etc, and then it came out.
[/QUOTE]

I think Homefront is awesome..

bread's done
Back