- - - - -

Professor Layton and the Last Spector- Out October 17th

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I saw that, too. I was surprised as Best Buy usually doesn't overcharge for games like that. Usually it's Gamestop and their "Nintendo tax."

Even the normal 'Nintendo tax' is like $5, though, which is why this caught me totally off guard. I can only figure that it's a screw-up and they categorized it with 3DS games. Or, the conspiracy theory version, which is that they figured if people pay $40 for a 3DS game, they'll pay $40 for this.

The only consolation is that I knew enough to catch it. I'd imagine there will be people that don't even bat an eye.

#32 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Very annoyed with Amazon right now, I preordered about a month ago and now got an email saying I won't get it until October 31St at the earliest. This series isn't -that- popular.

#33 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

I got the game at Toys 'R Us as part of their B2G1 sale. It was $29.99.

#34 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

i get it via gamefly Friday.
WOOOO I STINK

#35 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

The spine sure does contrast with the other Layton games. It doesn't even have the logo!

Batsugunner.png

#36 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

The spine sure does contrast with the other Layton games. It doesn't even have the logo!

I noticed that too. Kinda disappointing.

#37 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Very annoyed with Amazon right now, I preordered about a month ago and now got an email saying I won't get it until October 31St at the earliest. This series isn't -that- popular.

Its not the popularity, I think it's just not very many copies are available. All the stores I've been to ad few copies, some were already sold out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

For those stuck on a puzzle, nearly all of the puzzle solutions, hint coin locations, and other games are listed on this Blogspot site:
http://professorlayt...h.blogspot.com/

#39 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

In case anyone else gets far enough in London Life, my friend code is: 1034-4343-4584. Let me know if you add me.

#40 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

So is Layton 4 better than Layton 3?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#41 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

So is Layton 4 better than Layton 3?

It has more content and puzzles.

I'd rate them like this from what I've played thus far:

Unwound Future = Last Specter > Curious Village > Diabolical Box

#42 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

I agree that Diabolical Box is the "worst", but what made Unwound Future better for you than Curious Village? I really liked Curious Village better because of the completely free roaming and no forced backtracking, like in Unwound Future. Plus, I thought the puzzles were more varied in the first also (although that could be just because of familiarity now, since I never tallied up the number of each type... but Unwound did seem a tad more repetitive).

#43 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

This morning while doing ad set at Best Buy I noticed they put the price down to $29.99. Also they corrected it on .com to the same price, and took down the crazy "Pre-order and pick up on the 17th!" that they had going on up until yesterday. So if you still need a copy, it should be corrected nationwide now.

I picked it up day 1, but still haven't had a chance to play. Still finishing up Curious Village (I played them out of order).
631261.png

#44 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

London Life seems...odd so far. Granted I haven't put much time into it, but it seems like something someone would put together in flash. I'm going to finish Unwound Future first...but that may take me a bit since I've only done 30 puzzles or so thus far.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image