Toys R US Spider-man Edge of Time & X-Men Destiny 44.99 ea. + Free Shipping

Stinker101

CAGiversary!
Toys R Us has Spider-man Edge of Time and X-Men Destiny pre-order for 44.99 each plus free shipping.

X-men Xbox 360
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643523

PS3
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643524

Spider-man Edge of Time Xbox 360
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11697015

PS3
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11697018

Hopefully Amazon will match the price like they did on Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for 44.99 + .99 release day shipping.

I'm a die-hard X-men fan and I want Destiny but I have a feeling the game is going to tank hard and it will be available for $20 very soon. Thanks anyway, OP!

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm a die-hard X-men fan and I want Destiny but I have a feeling the game is going to tank hard and it will be available for $20 very soon. Thanks anyway, OP![/QUOTE]

Same. I don't have a good feeling about Destiny for some reason. Hope I'm wrong though.

Destiny has $10 credit, that probably wouldn't last if they matched, right? Either way I'm torn because for both of these games the Gamestop pre-order bonus seems like a better value. I'll probably just wait and get them for $30 in a couple months and hope the DLC gets put up for sale on the marketplace by then.

I pre-ordered Destiny at GS for the bonus (and to burn credit), so I'm good there. Spider-Man is tempting though -- I'll hold off to see if it gets matched elsewhere, but this is a good backup.

The last spiderman game was worth the 14.99 I paid for it. I doubt this is worth
$44.95. I'll eventually get this and x men when I play all the AAA titles.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Not worth it, guys.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I'm digging it so far. But I'd rather have the gift card as well.

Reactions to the game online have been so mixed so far, I think it'd be interesting to poll people who liked and hated it as to whether or not they ever played X-Men Legends.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who hasn't played X-Men Legends would be able to enjoy X-Men Destiny as being a pretty decently entertaining X-Men game...but it's such a step backwards from X-Men Legends (it seriously feels just like Legends, only with less options), that I can't imagine anyone who had played that game not coming away disappointed with Destiny.

Picked mine up today, the $25 gift card was tempting.

[quote name='TraBuch']It's actually a really solid game.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

Played about 2 hours of it and it's a surprisingly good game! So glad I decided to pick it up.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Picked mine up today, the $25 gift card was tempting.

Agreed.

Played about 2 hours of it and it's a surprisingly good game! Glad I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

I got it for the $45 + $10 amazon credit - definitely worth it. Especially if i can flip it this weekend after beating it.

[quote name='mgford11']I got it for the $45 + $10 amazon credit - definitely worth it. Especially if i can flip it this weekend after beating it.[/QUOTE]

I got that deal too. Sadly I had it shipped home instead of to my campus address so I have to wait til this weekend to play. Definitely planning a quick trade in back to amazon though

The more I progress, the easier it is to get through to the bosses. However, theres one main boss I just don't understand how to kill at the moment. Also, sometimes the framerate dips to unplayable; things just jump around - like 3-5fps. At times cutscenes come out of no where too. for xmen fans it's a rental; such as I plan on doing by flipping it back in. Glad I'm playing/played it; already over it...hoping to break even.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Reactions to the game online have been so mixed so far, I think it'd be interesting to poll people who liked and hated it as to whether or not they ever played X-Men Legends.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who hasn't played X-Men Legends would be able to enjoy X-Men Destiny as being a pretty decently entertaining X-Men game...but it's such a step backwards from X-Men Legends (it seriously feels just like Legends, only with less options), that I can't imagine anyone who had played that game not coming away disappointed with Destiny.[/QUOTE]

Yep this. Bought it tonight with the GC in store, beat it, and put it up on Glyde to sell. If you're a fan, rent it from Redbox for a night or two.

I like the game as well it is actually really fun. im not sure how long it is though. i think ill pick it up anyway it has at least 3 playthroughs with different power options and characters.

[quote name='Bionix01']I like the game as well it is actually really fun. im not sure how long it is though. i think ill pick it up anyway it has at least 3 playthroughs with different power options and characters.[/QUOTE]

1 playthrough takes about 4 hours.

[quote name='Bionix01']I like the game as well it is actually really fun. im not sure how long it is though. i think ill pick it up anyway it has at least 3 playthroughs with different power options and characters.[/QUOTE]
According to the Gamespot Forums a single playthrough takes between 8-10 hours for a single character for a single scenario.

But you have 3 characters / 3 power sets, and 2 paths (good/evil) each to choose from meaning there are mulitple scenarios to go through which means 48-60 hours to see all the endings.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']According to the Gamespot Forums a single playthrough takes between 8-10 hours for a single character for a single scenario.

But you have 3 characters / 3 power sets, and 2 paths (good/evil) each to choose from meaning there are mulitple scenarios to go through which means 48-60 hours to see all the endings.[/QUOTE]

They're wrong. Look at my gamerscore and raptr.com time. That's also with starting a new mutant to go Brotherhood and playing the first chapter with him, getting 2 of the 5 choice specific achievements I missed going full X-Men. My full playthrough was Aimi w/Shadow Matter. Once you choose your core set of powers right when the game starts, your only other core power choices are what you do when you pull RT and X/Y, and what your passive mutant power is.

Also there's only 2 endings, you have to choose X-Men or Brotherhood before the final 2 chapters, which the final chapter is just 2 boss fights.

i picked up xmen destiny in store @ tru yesterday. they price matched their website and i got the $25 gift card. no manager or anything. the guy did the price match manually and then the register prompted him for the gift card. so i guess it's worth a shot for anyone else thinking about it. after tax it was $48 and change out the door so i figure the game's gotta be worth $23 to me.

Wow wished I had tried that, but the lady in electronics took 5 minutes to find a register/scanner that would scan the gift card so I doubt I could have gotten that.

bread's done
Back