Amazon VG Deals of the Week 8/28 - Brink, Hunted, Top Spin 4, Tekken 6 LE

I thought the site hadn't updated, but then I saw it had. It says "save UP TO 50% on Brink and Hunted"...you could save that..if you buy it used for $15. Theres a little box below where it says "In stock." telling about that price. I was hoping they would price match Best Buy's big coupon deal..but I guess I'll have to head out there around opening.

[quote name='thegame85']I thought the site hadn't updated, but then I saw it had. It says "save UP TO 50% on Brink and Hunted"...you could save that..if you buy it used for $15. Theres a little box below where it says "In stock." telling about that price. I was hoping they would price match Best Buy's big coupon deal..but I guess I'll have to head out there around opening.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure prices haven't yet updated on Brink and Hunted

[quote name='poker360']is it just me, or is amazon a little broken this morning?

Site is laggy and no images will load[/QUOTE]

I say just to blame the Hurricane. :p

Man I was really hoping Amazon would have matched BB's brink and hunted just so I didnt have to waste time going to the store.

I already have 7 mag subscriptions ( 50% off pre owned game month) so I was gonna pick up one game each per console...

[quote name='poker360']I'm pretty sure prices haven't yet updated on Brink and Hunted[/QUOTE]

-.-;

If you were getting Brink and Hunted for 50% off it would have a red circle like Top Spin 4. It also would say "Save 50%" NOT "Save UP TO 50%". Don't hold your breath for a $15 price for a new copy.

[quote name='poker360']I'm pretty sure prices haven't yet updated on Brink and Hunted[/QUOTE]

Has Hunted officially dropped to $29.99, if not then $27.99 is more than 50% off MSRP (well kind of).

EDIT - It does look like $29.99 is the new msrp.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chingychink2005']Im wondering why the ps3 le version of tekken 6 is never on sale...i actully want it for my collection[/QUOTE]

Probibly more in demand than the 360 version (despite tekken 6 not being a new game). Either that or many more 360 versions are in stock.

Oh and stink is on sale again lol. This game was probibly over produced like fallout new vegas and like new Vegas it will flood the used market big time

I'm pretty sure Hunted and Brink dropped to $29.99 MSRP.

If Amazon is trying to pass off the $30 price tag as the discounted one, it's a slap in the face.

If they're taking 50% off $30, its a pretty decent deal!

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Still waiting for Hunted to hit $15-$20.[/QUOTE]

If you only want hunted, you can go to BB and pick up an @gamer mag, for $5 and there is a coupon for $20 off, making it $15 and some other decent coupons as well. Could sell them for $1 each here and make it a little cheaper.

Top Spin 4 for $20? I want to buy it just because of the compatibility of the PS Move controller. Anyone has it and recommend?

[quote name='aznhero913']Christ sake amazon, come on!!!

LOL, BB has it for $10 and TRU just dropped it to $13...[/QUOTE]

what game?

I think they just haven't updated the prices yet. They say up to 50% because there are three different versions of the game and I don't think they drop the PC price down 50%. I'm also pretty sure they've said that for the other times all three versions of the game are on sale.

Furthermore, using Hunted as an example, none of the versions that are 50% off (used or new) the MSRP are fulfilled by Amazon. They wouldn't say up to 50% off and not have at least one version 50% off. Finally, if they were talking about used games only, then they would say it's a warehouse deal like they did with Portal 2.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Furthermore, using Hunted as an example, none of the versions that are 50% off (used or new) the MSRP are fulfilled by Amazon. They wouldn't say up to 50% off and not have at least one version 50% off. Finally, if they were talking about used games only, then they would say it's a warehouse deal like they did with Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Demons...L85M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314547650&sr=8-2

"Buy This Video Game Item Used for $14.43
Buy Hunted: The Demon's Forge used for $14.43."

[quote name='thegame85']http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Demons...L85M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314547650&sr=8-2

"Buy This Video Game Item Used for $14.43
Buy Hunted: The Demon's Forge used for $14.43."[/QUOTE]

And if you click on that link, you see it's $14.43 + $4.67 shipping from EZCORP.

I don't think Amazon creates sales based on products from other companies. Also, if they were talking about used prices, then the sale listing would probably be like Portal 2's.

I wonder if the reason it's taking so long to update the prices is b/c Amazon is debating PMing amazon?

Would be really great if they could!

[quote name='aznhero913']...prices is b/c Amazon is debating PMing amazon?

Would be really great if they could![/QUOTE]

shouldnt be hard for them to do... I wonder if some Amazon employee is debating themselves in a cubicle?

I would have bit on Top Spin 4 about a month ago, but playing DEHR now with so much coming out in the upcoming months...there's not enough time to make it worth it.

[quote name='chingychink2005']Im wondering why the ps3 le version of tekken 6 is never on sale...i actully want it for my collection[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version works on PC out of the box whereas the 360 needs a wireless receiver.

Noticed it said Up to 50% off Hunted and Brink, which doesn't mean all copies will be 50% off. Hopefully they do make them all $15 though.

Anyone have any insight on the Tekken 6 stick ?

I've been looking at getting a beginner stick so I can up my game in SF4, how is the quality of this stick ? I've read several Amazon reviews and they seem to be pretty split.

Also 34.99 seems like a great deal on getting both the stick and the game. Has it been cheaper before ? Is 34.99 a good price for it ?

Thanks.

I got mine from amazon for 29 I think a long time ago. I think that deal lasted only minutes. The game was still relatively new...maybe they went through their stock then?

[quote name='matteo']Anyone have any insight on the Tekken 6 stick ?

I've been looking at getting a beginner stick so I can up my game in SF4, how is the quality of this stick ? I've read several Amazon reviews and they seem to be pretty split.

Also 34.99 seems like a great deal on getting both the stick and the game. Has it been cheaper before ? Is 34.99 a good price for it ?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sort of in the same position. I've been watching quite a few fighting game streams for the past few months (currently Summer Jam 5) and would like to attempt to be even average at any fighting game.

According to Camel Camel Camel and a quick forum search, $34.99 is the cheapest the bundle has been yet. I can't comment on the quality of the stick but after reading some opinions, it seems like this is a case of you get what you paid for. Although it might be low enough for people to get for a second stick or those who want a low priced entry into the fighting game scene and determine from there whether they should get a better stick (most likely a Mad Catz TE).

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Guilty Party worth $13? Seems like it might be fun to play with the family...[/QUOTE]

Guilty Party is quite fun for the family -- it's very humorous and an enjoyable way to spend an evening. The humor reminds me a lot of games like Psychonauts - not quite as cutting edge, but something an adult can definitely appreciate.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Guilty Party worth $13? Seems like it might be fun to play with the family...[/QUOTE]
I dunno but watch out for it on Warehouse Deals. I just placed an order for a like new for $9.49 but I think it was the only copy.

I'm curious to how the quality on the fight stick is. I'm considering playing Street Fighter III: Third Strike more serious so I could use a temporary stick to see how committed I'll be in the long run. Anyone have anything to say about those fight sticks?

I just bit on the fight stick too. Reviews seem to be okay on amazon, at least for a casual fight fan like myself who will probably use it about 5 times like I did with the Playstation Move peripheral.

bread's done
Back