Odd Favor: Can you copy the Wii Shop Channel to your SD card?

Querjek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
My Wii's system files became corrupt recently and I had to format my Wii's memory. The only channel I have right now is the disc channel, and, well, the Nintendo rep said he'd never seen someone lose all of the "starter" channels with a memory format.

The shop channel is all I need to make my Wii functional again (to redownload a bunch of VC games I had and Netflix!). It's possible that Nintendo put a lock on copying the shop channel, but I figure it can't hurt to ask--could somebody out there try to copy the shop onto an SD card?

I've never tried, but you might be able to...

Do you have a Club Nintendo account, and couldn't you link it to the new Shop Channel and re-download all of your previous games?

I'm interested in how reformatting works, too; I bought my Wii from a friend and he had hacked additional WW/VC games onto it that I can no longer play or buy legitimately.

The Nintendo rep said that all of my downloaded games and Wii shop points (1400) are linked to my Wii's serial number--he was able to pull up my info on his computer. If you buy a new Wii, you can't redownload things to the new serial without paying.

The normal repair cost is $75, and he offered me $50, but spending nothing would be a lot better!

bread's done
Back