The Official CAG September 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Party Rock Hamster" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half Priced Books 20% off sale.

oLuqw.jpg

czWol.jpg

I need to get a new battery for my digital camera, but I intend on buying Star Fox 64 3D (3DS) and renting Resistance 3 this month. :cool:

Got Megaman Anniversary Collection (GC), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Bradygames KH 358/2 days guide, and Prima Advance Wars Days of Ruin Guide for $18 at Half Price Bookstore. Both games were complete. Picked up KH birth by sleep guide, FF13 guide, and the worlds of final fantasy for $32 at Borders.
chicagocubsfan231
chicagocubsfan231

picture.php

Nabbed Devil Summoner 2 $20 each at a nearby gamestop. Both have some fair wear though. Would be willing to unload one of them to fellow CAG

IMG_0521.jpg

I have had X-Men & Hanna since last Friday. I should be getting Star Wars this Friday as well. Needed another copy of BFBC1 so I can boost it. Dead Island and Disgaea 4 are from Gamestop today :razz:

IMG_0522.jpg

One of my XBL friends works at Obsidian so I got a signed copy of Dungeon Siege III by the whole development team. :D

Sorry for the shitty picture. My phone sucks.

Anyway, some of these are from last month, but I didn't post them, so here:

pickups01.jpg

First 3 .hacks
SNES Megaman Soccer
SNES Donkey Kong Country 3
Arcana Heart 3 (PAL)
Disgaea 4, Premium (not pictured)

IMG_0089.jpg

Some stuff from Borders closing down today...

Negima vol. 4 - $5
Negima vol. 5 - $5
Top Ten Vol. 2 - $6
King of New York (Blu Ray) - $6

And the games were each a penny from the Amazon penny glitch.

SAM_0853.jpg

This is really a july pick-up but my dad just finished the base for me. I saw this on ebay for $80, and athough it was steep I love Ridley so I took a chance. It was smaller then I'd hope and the guy who made it had it in a funky pose. Gave it to my dad and asked him to repose it and make a sturdy base and this the finished product.

SAM_0855.jpg

Got this from Amazon for $20. A little dissapointed. My dad has this collection but his came in a sturdier box that opened from the top while my movies just slide out the side. Still, a great deal.

This is how we do oldschool pick-ups, for those who don't know how.

Sept2011Pickups-1.jpg

Haunting Ground and NES Magician both CIB.

Sept2011Pickups-2.jpg

Eternal Poison artbook provided by a cool CAG trade and a Clock Tower 1 mod cart dearly fought for @ auction.

Sept2011Pickups-3.jpg

E.V.O. SNES and Dragon Warrior 2, both with manuals and maps. It's been years since I rented these--now they're here to stay. :cool:

IMG_0090.jpg

More from Blockbuster...
Legend of Zelda: Spirt Tracks strategy guide - $6
Brutal Legend strategy guide - $6
Lego Batman - $5
Lost Odyssey - $5 (already own the game, just wanted the case and cover)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - $8
Punch Out!! - $8

SAM_0333.jpg

Got OP off of ebay He's a little dirty. So I've been cleaning him. Any suggestion on how to clean him would be great. Next item...

SAM_0323.jpg

Got a Display frame for my planeswalker cards. I need to get a Jace Beleren to have the 5 original.

And the last thing
SAM_0320.jpg

A Revoltech Dancouga. These figures are so cool!!!1 I want more now.

Some more pickups for the good ole PS2
Most of these are from Gamestop's B2G2. Most of the rarish games I left from when the sale began, so I feel no remorse in picking these up (thanks Indigo for the nudge). Call me a hoarder, I prefer I'm saving them from being gutted next go round. At about $14/game I'll sit on these for a bit and see that grow.:D
P1010020.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221-1.jpg

RE4 is the steel book premium edition with Ada card and everything =). The PS3 sports game was gotten for its case @ $1. Ogre Battle was from ebay and has stickers/poster/manual.

Thrift store finds:
P1010021-1.jpg
These games are sealed. And these!! WTF TMNT RPG game?! Awesome!
P1010023.jpg

Also picked up FO:NV and Enslaved for PS3 from Blockbuster.

[quote name='kermit036']Some more pickups for the good ole PS2
Most of these are from Gamestop's B2G2. Most of the rarish games I left from when the sale began, so I feel no remorse in picking these up (thanks Indigo for the nudge). Call me a hoarder, I prefer I'm saving them from being gutted next go round. At about $14/game I'll sit on these for a bit and see that grow.:D
P1010020.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221-1.jpg

RE4 is the steel book premium edition with Ada card and everything =). The PS3 sports game was gotten for its case @ $1. Ogre Battle was from ebay and has stickers/poster/manual.

Thrift store finds:
P1010021-1.jpg
P1010023.jpg

Also picked up FO:NV and Enslaved for PS3 from Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]
Nice finds on the ps2 stuff. Did u fin the RE4 steelbook too at Gamestop? That is a great find with the B2G2 promo

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice finds on the ps2 stuff. Did u fin the RE4 steelbook too at Gamestop? That is a great find with the B2G2 promo[/QUOTE]

No that one was from a store called The Exchange. Anything beyond a manual from Gamestop is to much...even asking that is to much for them most times (though all these games are complete). Which is a real bummer since I am looking for the SMT Nocturne soundtrack...

[quote name='DjHero_X']

SAM_0323.jpg

Got a Display frame for my planeswalker cards. I need to get a Jace Beleren to have the 5 original.
[/QUOTE]

You need the Lorwyn versions of those as well :)

i wish more people used this thread and posted photos. The GAF thread is really fun to read but not many people use this one. Probably because it's segmented in the deals forum and not everybody visits it.
Garage Sale Finds
WP_000213.jpg
$8 for all

WP_000214.jpg

Thank god for the best buy/gamestop ps2 sports game flip. Wouldn't have been able to afford them all without it.

WP_000216.jpg

Only played the first resistance a little so I picked up the second one along with R3 from best buy with flip credit. Not opening it for now, might exchange for something else later.

WP_000217.jpg

Found these at a local shop - $2 for Document of MGS2 (for ebay)
$12 for FF13.

$6 for NHL Open Ice - It's sealed but has a crack in the case on the front, unfortunately. I bought this on a whim, thinking I'd never seen it before, turns out it's a fairly uncommon PS1 game. Gets around $25 complete and around $60 sealed.. nice find. Looks like NBA Jam but for Hockey.

WP_000219.jpg

N64 games. The copy of Goemon Great Adventure needed a lot of cleaning work but I got it looking good. Mostly craigslist purchases/lots.

WP_000221.jpg

Also got two nintendo selects with best buy credit, and this copy of Tomba 2 without manual for $5 in a craigslist lot.

WP_000223.jpg

Complete F-Zero X in a craigslist lot, along with 5 other games for $30. Selling this one to recoup the costs of the others I will keep.

WP_000224.jpg

Starfox 64 3D, and some custom covers from that thread on GAF. The designers didn't test them on paper so they're very dark, wish I would have looked before i had them printed, but it's not too bad. The FF13 one would look so much better with just a quick adjustment to the levels. What looks good on screen never looks the same on paper.. amateurs.
more photos
WP_000225.jpg

WP_000226.jpg

WP_000228.jpg

[quote name='jer7583']i wish more people used this thread and posted photos. The GAF thread is really fun to read but not many people use this one. Probably because it's segmented in the deals forum and not everybody visits it.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that, because I've been checking my laptop periodically throughout the day thus far and have yet to notice anything I want in the Videogame Deals thread, so started clicking other areas looking for something to read and found this topic. I've checked out the Deal/Shopping Discussion sub-forum before, but sparingly as I have the deals sub-forum bookmarked:)

Never put up pictures before, so besides a camera, what else do you need to post them? Do I have to sign up for some kind of hosting service? Which one does everyone use? I could have posted a ton for last month, so I will give it a shot when I get back from mall. Hopefully I can start to contribute on a monthly basis as well.

i use photobucket, it's really simple to upload and post them here. it even copies the IMG tag automatically.

I just use my phone camera.

[quote name='jer7583']i use photobucket, it's really simple to upload and post them here. it even copies the IMG tag automatically.
I just use my phone camera.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the quick response. My phone camera sucks and you wouldn't see anything if I used that, so have to use my old PowerShot, which isn't much better. Shucks, wish my gf was back from Jamaica and I could use her Epic. That phone takes some amazing pictures to be a camera phone.

[quote name='jer7583']i use photobucket, it's really simple to upload and post them here. it even copies the IMG tag automatically.

I just use my phone camera.[/QUOTE]

same. iphone camera + photobucket app

[quote name='GreenSpark']Cool thanks for the quick response. My phone camera sucks and you wouldn't see anything if I used that, so have to use my old PowerShot, which isn't much better. Shucks, wish my gf was back from Jamaica and I could use her Epic. That phone takes some amazing pictures to be a camera phone.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, here's how mine looks;

UpwkX.jpg

Traded my iPod and ended up with this for $19.

Also preordered Skyrim. :drool:

Edit: If I end up with sticker shit on my Castlevania, I'm going to burn Gamestop to the ground.

Ok, finally took some pictures of my purchases for Aug/Sept thus far. Did a little research on image hosting and since Photobucket requires signing up, I went with Imgur, so hope that works and the pics show up. I'm sure I left out some stuff already taken to storage, not to mention I have a box of dvd's from Amazon Anime sale somewhere I need to find. I think I have 2 more layaways at K-mart to pick-up on Friday as well and will be hitting Best Buy tomorrow for Thor:)

I9Acs.jpg

Sniper Ghost Warrior Gamestop Exclusive LE - $49.99 (Gamestop)
Dead Island Special Edition - $59.99 (Gamestop)
Madden 12 Hall of Fame Edition - $89.99 (Amazon)
Arcania: Gothic 4 - $19.99 (Wal-mart)
Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath - $29.99 (Wal-mart)
Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 - $5.97 (Sears)
Beyblade: Metal Fusion Battle Fortress - $39.99 (Fry's)
Gunblade Arcade Hits Pack - $13.00 (Wal-mart)

dNNJs.jpg

UFC 2010 Undisputed w/ bonus t-shirt - $29.99 (K-mart)
Transformers DOTM Stealth Force Edition - $49.99 (K-mart)
Dark Star One Broken Alliance - $19.99 (K-mart)
Viewtiful Joe - $9.99 (K-mart)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - $19.99 (K-mart)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 - $19.99 (K-mart)
Drakan: Ancients Gates - $9.96 (Fry's)
Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - $29.99 (Fry's)

hhdWL.jpg

Singstar Vol. 1 - $19.99 (K-mart)
Singstar Vol. 2 - $19.99 (K-mart)
Epic Mickey Paintbrush - $19.99 (K-mart)
Rengoku 2 - $7.99 (Fry's)
Patapon 2 - $7.99 (Fry's)
Elite Forces: Unit 77 - $7.48 (Target)
Dj Star - $7.48 (Target)
Cubic Ninja - $14.99 (Best Buy)

ozis7.jpg

Disgaea 4 Premium Edition w/ figurines - $119.99 (NIS Online)
Beyblade Metal Fusion Excl w/ Red Pegasus 100HF - $34.99 (Toys R Us)
Beyblade Metal Fusion Excl w/ Blue Bakushin Susanow 105F - $34.96 (Wal-Mart)

vCdNj.jpg

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine CE - $99.99 (THQ Online)
Ultramarines: Warhammer 40k movie Special Edition - $39.98 (Ultramarine Online)

9OuEn.jpg

Megaman Tribute Hardcover Udonstore Excl - $79.99 (Udonstore Online)
Deus Ex Human Revolution CE Guide - $24.14 (Book Depository)

yBKS0.jpg

Super Street Fighter 4 Chun-Li TE Arcadestick - $159.99 (Fry's)

8gDYI.jpg

Reboot Mainframe Edition - $45.99 (Shout! Factory)
Rurouni Kenshin OVA: Trust & Betrayal LE - $64.98 (RightStuf)
Adventures of Sonic Vol. 3 - $9.98 (Shout! Factory)
Dragonball Z Fusion Steelbook - $6.99 (F.Y.E.)
Red Baron Complete Series - $5.99 (Fry's)
Digimon Data Squad Collection One (2x) - $10.00 (Sears)
Dragonball Z Broly Steelbook - $6.99 (F.Y.E.)

[quote name='Squarehard']Your pickups make me jelly GreenSpark. :*(
[/QUOTE]

Ha, earlier I clicked on most of these threads for 2011 in the OP and looking at your posts, you have nothing to be jelly over, trust me;)

That Vexille SE blu-ray has been eluding me for the longest time. I know i've had it in my cart a couple times now on Amazon and for some reason, keep booting it out for other stuff. Need to rectify that soon.

[quote name='kermit036']Some more pickups for the good ole PS2
P1010020.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221-1.jpg

Thrift store finds:
P1010021-1.jpg
P1010023.jpg

Also picked up FO:NV and Enslaved for PS3 from Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Nice finds on the Palladium books--I was fortunate enough to score a Rifts CE at a library sale but otherwise I never see these things in the wild.

A few pickups for me since the beginning of the month.

2011-09-14_08-26-38_643.jpg

From some awesome CAGs on the trade forums.

2011-09-14_08-20-00_621.jpg

$40 from Ebay, seems like it's well worth the money as the D-pad feels a lot tighter than even the silver one I bought previously.

2011-09-14_08-19-51_681.jpg

Some cheap games from a lowball.

2011-09-14_08-18-18_517.jpg

The two ends are from a lowball in absolute pristine condition, and Legend of Oasis from Ebay (thanks to a link off of the Auction forums here) mostly sealed for $26.50 :)

2011-09-14_08-20-28_125.jpg

I also just bought some Perler beads and am currently making all the Mega Man 2 bosses and just finished up these two so far. I melted Bubble Man a bit too much, but still looks fine to me.

Finally found the box of dvd's from the Amazon anime sale I mentioned earlier. Glad I did too, as I forgot Amazon messed up and sent me some blu-ray called Galpagos instead of Ghost in the Shell 2.0, so I need to return that but posted it anyway. The games were from yesterday's trek to Best Buy and Gamestop with the exception of Devil Survivor Overclocked which came from Fry's. I had reward zone certs to use at Best Buy and figured I'd get it for $20, except they had none available and it was showing backordered in their system. Checked Amazon real quick while I was in-store and noticed they no longer had it either, only marketplace sellers with jacked up prices, so I hit the panic button and made a beeline to Fry's as I remembered seeing it there last month. I took a more detailed look when I got home and noticed Ebay has quite a few available, but around the same price I paid so I'm content with the purchase.

qL1OC.jpg

Fist of the North Star: TV Series Boxset 1 - $41.99 (Amazon)
Fist of the North Star: TV Series Boxset 2 - $41.99 (Amazon)
Fist of the North Star: The Movie - $22.49 (Amazon)
Outlanders - $9.44 - (Amazon)
Cyber City: The Final Collection - $2.94 (Amazon)
Harmagedon (Collector's Series 20th Anniv. Ed) - $5.96 (Amazon)
The Humanoid - $5.96 (Amazon)
Legend of Lemnear - $3.41 (Amazon)

QIZuX.jpg

The Oblongs: The Complete Series - $10.49 (Amazon)
Mission Hill: The Complete Series - $10.49 (Amazon)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - $10.99 (Amazon)
Galapagos (paid for GITS 2.0) - $9.49 (Amazon)

qVs2J.jpg

Thor - $22.99 (Best Buy)
Moribito Series Part 1 - $34.99 (Best Buy)
Star Wars pre-order cell - $5.00 (Best Buy)

OyDwT.jpg

Playstation Move Heroes - $9.99 (Gamestop)
The Fight: Lights Out - $9.99 (Gamestop)
Godeater Burst - $14.99 (Best Buy)
Devil Survivor Overclocked - $39.96 (Fry's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back