CAGcast #251: You've Got Rear Touch

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck returns from PAX with tales of gluttony, greed, and sexual deviance or something. Plenty of game discussion and depravity ensue. Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]160[/podcast]
Download - 104 minutes, 62MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro/Outro: Mundian To Bach Ke (Moonbootica Mix) - Panjabi MC

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
The most interesting and fun mode in madden 12 is the "All pro football 2k8 mode!"[aka Ultimate Team] LMAO!!!!! For just 4.99 you can get a great football game and everyone gets gold players! I listened to a review on youtube that said Madden borrows heavy from APF 2k8, and the Ultimate team is pure evidence of that.

Wombat since Pinball FX 2 is your favorite XBLA game we should play some time in multiplayer. I have all the tables and I always feel bad when your at the very very bottom my friends leaderboard :( .

In a pleasant and surprising turn of events, Play-Asia shipped my Driver order early, so Shipwreck can keep his copy.

My power was out for 16 hours and my basement got flooded with 4 inches of water, but that's what you get for having a sump pump with no battery backup and no basement drainage.

Heads up Cheapy, the free roam in the new Dead Rising has no timer but your character is constantly hungry. His life will slowly drain so you need to keep finding food to keep him alive. Lame..

Wombat I have the same deal with my wife for Skyrim. Our anniversary is October 29th and I told her all I want is to be left alone for like a week to play the game. I did get the collectors edition thrown in with the deal.

Really enjoyed the show guys! Great job recapping PAX and all the reviews, Shipwreck! Got a chubby when you were talking BF3, cant wait!!

[quote name='LiK']Heads up Cheapy, the free roam in the new Dead Rising has no timer but your character is constantly hungry. His life will slowly drain so you need to keep finding food to keep him alive. Lame..[/QUOTE]
Wow, they can't NOT screw up that game somehow, at first I saw jazzed when I heard about the sandbox mode, but they just had to put another annoying mechanic in it.

Mentioned it in the show, but you didn't post the link anywhere (that I saw). Link to Vote for Manaknight for Tester S3. Part of the reason some of those folks likely have so many votes is you can vote once per day.

I do hope Wombat gives Dark Souls a chance, of the 3 I think he would be the most likely to have enjoyed Demon's Souls.

Great show guys. I actually think how Shipwreck reacted to BF3 made me want to play the game more than any other discussion about that game.

On the topic of the Extra Life charity, we already have the team started! I started the team back in June-Julyish when I was reminded of it by a fellow CAG who was volunteering to get participants at Warped Tour.

I tried to contact Cheapy a while ago, but the PM's probably got lost in the shuffle. It was quite early to start the team, so I don't blame him for probably putting other stuff first.

But those of us who were quite involved last year are running the thread and doing raffles like last year.

I currently have control over the donation page and facebook page like last year, and the thread is a wiki, but if you want control, I will gladly hand it off.

Click HERE for the thread.

Click HERE for the team donation page.

Click HERE for the facebook page.

if i found the right video the new elevator action kinda has a lupin the 3rd look to it and i thik its going to have the classic arcade game in it as well. sucks they didnt add the other elevator action games too.

Nothing against Shipwreck but it sounded like Cheapy was having a tough time even staying awake. When it's only 1 person playing every game there just isn't enough interaction. It was as if Fred Norris took over the Howard Stern show for an hour. Just too much of 1 guy.

Way to downplay the hurricane. People died ya know You insensitive fuckk. I guess when you have millions of dollars you become detached from the world that you live in.

[quote name='blacksanta87']Way to downplay the hurricane. People died ya know You insensitive fuckk. I guess when you have millions of dollars you become detached from the world that you live in.[/QUOTE]

Come on man. That joke is getting old.

[quote name='blacksanta87']Wow. Cheapy D is all over 3D Gaming cock now? It's funny how having money can change you. (shipwreck is another example of this. Life must be great when you make $58/hr.)[/QUOTE]

...and from the award winning blog post "Shipwreck sucks: he is a crap video game reviewer"

"3. He gets ALL his games for FREE!! (he is wealthy and could afford to buy them anyway)
4. Free games = Bias!!"

Oh...and
[quote name='blacksanta87']@john8686

I normally don't reply to idiots, but dude go kill yourself. [/QUOTE]

Classy.

NOTE: He did apologize later.

this was a very good episode, i laughed a lot....more than i have in like the last 30 cag casts. i have a catch phrase for wombat "you're not a piece of shit, you're a pile of shit" and im still wondering how cheapy ass D feels about taxing the rich more. id think he's for it, cheapy keeps it fuckin real. i want more womberto!

[quote name='GOTA']Nothing against Shipwreck but it sounded like Cheapy was having a tough time even staying awake. When it's only 1 person playing every game there just isn't enough interaction. It was as if Fred Norris took over the Howard Stern show for an hour. Just too much of 1 guy.[/QUOTE]

It couldn't have been just Cheapy i had trouble listening too. It was so boring.

Shipwreck: You most likely had a vasovagal episode, most commonly known as fainting. Vasovagal in men while peeing at night and bumping your head is super common. It's probably nothing serious. Unless it happens again or you really hurt yourself. Even then it's probably the same cause, but you might get a workup for it. Treatment: sit down when you go pee in the middle of the night. That will also treat bad aim in the middle of the night.

I fully enjoyed the show as usual. When I think back to how skeptical I was when Shipwreck joined, now I can't imagine listening without him. He is the voice of reason!

I like the show and it's ribaldry. Do you guys think you would get a wider audience if you made it PG rated, and stopped the hard cussing? Do you think you could even do that?

(I think you could expand your audience with a cleaner show, and when your kids get older, you may be more interested in a cleaner show- not that it's what I want. )

I agree with Wombat about EA fumbling Madden Ultimate Team. They need to give out coins for playing games in any mode with the caveat that you get maybe 10%-20% of what you'd get from playing online games in the main mode. The only way that you could play Madden and not get coins is just navigating menus, which would just encourage those that usually played the other modes to check out MUT.

Joe Danger was demoed on PCs with Xbox 360 controllers at first before they signed up for Sony's Pub Fund to make that an exclusive for PSN, so the sequel being demoed the same way doesn't really mean anything.

Hey Shipwreck,

It does not take buying a pack from the store in order to get good cards and build a decent team. I have never played the NFL version but in NHL it is a hell of alot cheaper to buy good players on the auction house than it is to buy the card packs unless they are on sale. I would play the easy tournament and build up some points get used to the game and just play with your crap team. Save up some points and buy cards at the auction house and in no time you will have a team full of good players. Also make sure you buy large contract cards and build your guys up. Make sure you are not wasting you games on your good players when you first start out build them up so you can get a good team and play online or the harder single player tournaments. You will not have a team full of all stars but this will get you a decent team that you will be happy to play with. Then you can save up and buy packs with your points to get the all star team... But even when you buy the packs it is very hard to get really good players. A good team is all you need to have fun in that game. Hope that helps man.

bread's done
Back