#31 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

Does this stack with the 15% off code?

Nope.
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#32 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

Am I the only one thats totally turned off by the fact that I have to wait by the phone just to buy an online game? (I never give my cell so my home phone would be it) Anyone know if theres a way to buy it without having to wait by the phone?

#33 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

Am I the only one thats totally turned off by the fact that I have to wait by the phone just to buy an online game? (I never give my cell so my home phone would be it) Anyone know if theres a way to buy it without having to wait by the phone?

I don't like it either. Don't see the point when no other online retailer I've ever dealt with does something like this. I just tried to buy Din's Curse, got to the phone verification and received this message...
"We could not validate your transaction. Please contact Customer Service to complete your purchase.

Unable to process request: An unexpected server error has occurred."

For Christ's sake, not a good way to win customers by making them deal with this crap.

All this to use their service when they have so many competitors its like they hate people giving them money.

I then sent d2d an expletive filled support ticket about their service and that whoever reads it can Fuck themselves.

Totally agree. They deserve to go belly up for making customers jump through all these hoops to buy a damn game.

Edited by Killbomb, 03 September 2011 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

I've bought several games before from D2D but this new phone verification system is just plain poo. I've tried paypal checkout on both IE and Firefox and can never get pass the phone verification error after inputting my phone number.

I don't feel like going through the hassle of support right now especially when I have to create a separate login to contact them.

D2D was a pretty easy to use and hassle free alternative to the other digital download services but this new system has definitely soured all the good impressions I've had of it.

Edited by Pajama_Man, 03 September 2011 - 09:33 AM.

Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#35 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

I've never really had issues with D2D purchases before - also, unless something has changed, Comrade is not required to download/manage your games. Don't know why people would use that PoS interface.

Sorry you guys are running into so many problems :|

** Caldazar **

#36 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

to d2d's credit, they responded to my support ticket within an hour and removed the need to do the phone service check. i'm still not buying the game from them but at least they were quick to respond and they did provide a solution.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

I didn't have a problem when it came to the phone verification, which I only encountered the second time since I had to rebuy after boneheadedly grabbing the Mac version. It generates the call immediately, so there's no "waiting by the phone" as it is,, but it won't accept mobile numbers. That makes sense, since it would be utterly useless if it did, but assuming that everyone has a land line in this day and age is certainly laughable.

#38 morbitrius

morbitrius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

I didn't have a problem when it came to the phone verification, which I only encountered the second time since I had to rebuy after boneheadedly grabbing the Mac version. It generates the call immediately, so there's no "waiting by the phone" as it is,, but it won't accept mobile numbers. That makes sense, since it would be utterly useless if it did, but assuming that everyone has a land line in this day and age is certainly laughable.

So if we don't have a land line, there's no way to get this game? What the hell kind of system is that?

#39 kdb1981

kdb1981

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

thanks cheapy
DO ANY OF US REALLY EXIST OR ARE WE ALL JUST PART OF SOMETHING IN A MUCH GREATER REALITY'S DREAM?!? IF SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE DREAMER AWAKES!?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

This is really odd because I didn't have to use the phone at all when purchasing this game via this deal. Has everyone else had to do this?

#41 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

So if we don't have a land line, there's no way to get this game? What the hell kind of system is that?

You could buy it from the devs Website very easily...you just would not get the discount. Maybe try messaging the developer. Express there is interest for a sale as D2D has shown...just people hate D2D.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#42 srfrog

srfrog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

I went ahead and picked it up. Though it was odd they charged tax though.

#43 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

D2D customer support lifted the phone activation so I was able to go ahead and get the game. Still an odd way to do business.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 morbitrius

morbitrius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Just to see what would happen after all of this phone talk, I went ahead and purchased the game. I logged into my account, paid with paypal, and everything went smoothly. No mention of a phone call verification at all.

#45 Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Dark Queen of Sales

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

I guess I'm one of the few who didn't get forced into phone verification. Weird they'd start that all of a sudden. It's not like I'm a regular customer either. I think I've only bought like 3 things through them.

And I didn't notice until after Comrade was busy taking 10 minutes to launch/crash itself repeatedly in an attempt to get the game that it was unnecessary for downloads. >.> Many swears after that lol

The game was worth it though. I'm liking it a lot.

#46 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

No thanks. Indie games are trash

#47 Darthchi71

Darthchi71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

an action rpg for less than the cost of a matinee. why not?!

#48 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

Must... not... feed... troll! :hot:

#49 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

Just a reminder that you don't need to use their download client. You're given a direct download link in your account page, and this is what I use exclusively. Never had a problem by not using Commander.

#50 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Played the demo, bought the game. May get the expansion if it goes on sale too.

I've never had to do this phone verification thing. Is that only with Paypal on D2D? If so, use a frickin credit card people.
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#51 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

I've never had to do this phone verification thing. Is that only with Paypal on D2D? If so, use a frickin credit card people.

Yeah, I always just use their own payment system, not Paypal. Maybe that's why I never had to do that phone thing.

#52 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

if they want the business they are the ones responsible for accepting a very popular form of payment online.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:25 AM

For $4 it's a decent Diablo clone with some updated mechanics. Makes me want D3 even more, though.

#54 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

:applause:

:applause:
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#55 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

any chance it goes on Steam?
D2D just not working for me

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#56 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

any chance it goes on Steam?
D2D just not working for me

Steam has declined the game before. So chances are not very good.

#57 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Holy jeez, can't believe I missed this deal.
Darn you busy college week! Yeargh!
Posted Image

#58 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Bumping this because the expansion is 50% off now on Gamersgate until 11/20.

http://www.gamersgat...se-demon-war-pc

The expansion hardly ever goes on sale and 50% off ($4.99) is the lowest it has been so those of us who got the base game on this deal might want to grab the expansion while it's on sale.

#59 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

Bumping this because the expansion is 50% off now on Gamersgate until 11/20.

http://www.gamersgat...se-demon-war-pc

The expansion hardly ever goes on sale and 50% off ($4.99) is the lowest it has been so those of us who got the base game on this deal might want to grab the expansion while it's on sale.

Are you Fuck kidding me?
Just make a new thread, instead of you know, bringing up a deal thread that people want that's been over for months

#60 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

I think I would really recommend just waiting for Torchlight 2 at this point anyways.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen