Fable III PC Games For Windows Live $12.49 (75% off)

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Fable III PC Games For Windows Live $12.49 (75% off) *Labor Day Bargain*

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fable-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8044d53090a

Yes, it is the GFWL version and will require the Games For Windows Live service which lets you get achievements. Also has lots of Free DLC.

Fable III is the next blockbuster installment in the highly praised Fable franchise. Lead a revolution to take control of Albion, fight alongside your people, and experience love and loss while preparing to defend the kingdom against a looming threat. Your choices as ruler will lead to consequences felt across the entire land. There are no refunds for this item. Digital Rights Management Disclosure. This software uses digital rights management software (“DRM”). DRM may limit the number of times you are permitted to install this software on a computer and/or the number of computers to which you may install the software. To function properly, DRM downloads certain data and files to your computer, which may or may not be uninstalled when you uninstall the software.

[quote name='MysterD']Wow, that was fast...
How long this sale going on until?[/QUOTE]

The sale usually last till each Thursday.

Grr, GFWL, I've bought games on there but I never use the program so I never play the games. I forget, does steam do a laber day sale thing?... actually... I don't think the game is even on steam. Booo

Edit: Scratch that, Fable isn't spelled "Fabel"

[quote name='Terlan']Man this is so tempting. I'd rather have it on steam but thats a really good price.[/QUOTE]

Tempted too even though I have plenty of Microsoft Points (1000 points for game). I think Steam might have this @ $10 during the famous Holiday Sale. Think I can wait.

Thanks OP.

the game is great, i finished the game on the 360 but it had to many technical difficulties, frame rate drops and lots, i mean lots of screen tear, thanks a lot op, got it, downloading at the moment :)

[quote name='bs000']880 MS points.[/QUOTE]

It's 1000.

Anyway, glad somebody made a thread about this; I bought it. I've been waiting for the PC version to go on sale. I think I'll make a female character this time...

[quote name='takotchi']It's 1000.

Anyway, glad somebody made a thread about this; I bought it. I've been waiting for the PC version to go on sale. I think I'll make a female character this time...[/QUOTE]

You caught my ninja delete. It is 880 MS points in Canada though.

In for one. Thanks for the heads up OP and good job to Xbox/GFW for a great sale. I guess this is an extra "labor day" sale, the regular DOTW is Elements of War for 14.99. LINK Strategy game of some kind.

I'm STILL waiting for Gears of War PC to be a deal of the week for $10 or less. $20 regular price is way too much and physical copies are pretty hard to find at a reasonable price these days. Maybe they'll do it as a DOTW when Gears 3 releases.

Well after flipping a coin, I decided to spend the 1000 MS points. Thanks again OP!

Wish the DLC was on sale too.

[quote name='loomis1975']In for one. Thanks for the heads up OP and good job to Xbox/GFW for a great sale. I guess this is an extra "labor day" sale, the regular DOTW is Elements of War for 14.99. LINK Strategy game of some kind.

I'm STILL waiting for Gears of War PC to be a deal of the week for $10 or less. $20 regular price is way too much and physical copies are pretty hard to find at a reasonable price these days. Maybe they'll do it as a DOTW when Gears 3 releases.[/QUOTE]
i recently finished building my new rig and got gears 1 from GFWL for $20, i gotta say the extra levels on the pc version alone are worth the price, and it looks unreal, lol , cant wait for gears 3!!!

Anyone know if you can buy a game through this using some points and some cash? I've had 400 points Bing rewards, but I've never had anything to spend it on.

[quote name='Cantatus']Anyone know if you can buy a game through this using some points and some cash? I've had 400 points Bing rewards, but I've never had anything to spend it on.[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to buy extra points if you don't have enough. So if you have 400 points, you'd have to buy 800 points to cover the purchase, and have 200 points left over. Unfortunately, I don't think you're allowed to just pay the difference to avoid having that leftover balance.

[quote name='bs000']You caught my ninja delete. It is 880 MS points in Canada though.[/QUOTE]

and it's 680 MSP with taiwan accts and i think 560 MSP with HK accts.

edit: think i maybe looking for someone to get some of the online achievements.

I believe this game supports the xbox 360 controller as well. I saw the retail version earlier @ target and it mentioned something about bonus content but not sure if this one has all that same content. Maybe someone's who has purchased it already give us some insight on it.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']can u buy it with one account and play it with another on the same pc? like on the xbox 360.
thanks.[/QUOTE]
will revert if i've confirmed it is possible.

I'm guessing every copy of Fable III PC retail or download includes the following:

Product Description
Launching in the US on May 17, Fable III for Windows takes gamers back to Albion for the next installment of the beloved Fable franchise. Players can take advantage of the same great action found on the console game as well as:

Playable in 3D, made possible by NVIDIA technology
Hardcore Mode, which offers a higher level of difficulty
Bonus Digital Content:
Additional Region
Additional Quest
Additional Outfit
Additional Dog Breed

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']can u buy it with one account and play it with another on the same pc? like on the xbox 360.
thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, not really. SSA style GFWL games are tied to the first gamertag that puts in the key. You could create an offline profile to play it separate from the main gamertag, but no achievements.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I don't suppose the DLC I bought for 360 carries over to this?[/QUOTE]
Didn't for Fallout 3, otherwise I might not have waited for the GotY edition (or just bought the original alone in the Steam sale)

I like to keep my games on Steam, but at this price, and buying with MSP instead of real money, I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone else getting an error when they try to buy it? In case it matters I am not trying to purchase it with points. Can I get around the error occurred during transaction by buying and using points?

edit: not worth the hassle I'll just wait for a steam sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Terlan']Anyone else getting an error when they try to buy it? In case it matters I am not trying to purchase it with points. Can I get around the error occurred during transaction by buying and using points?

edit: not worth the hassle I'll just wait for a steam sale.[/QUOTE]

We can't help you if we don't know what the "error" is.

It said an error occurred during the transaction, please try again later. I tried adding a new card to buy the game thinking it was just that card the issue was having a problem with. But when I try to add a new card it says its not a valid credit card, even though I used it just this morning. Both cards are valid and both have more than enough credit on them.

[quote name='MysterD']How much is the tax on this?[/QUOTE]

I hope this is irony... how the hell would we know?

[quote name='MysterD']How much is the tax on this?[/QUOTE]

We all don't live in the same state so it would vary. Also as an above post, yes this works with a wired Xbox 360 controller. All gfwl games support the wired 360 controller. You just plug in and play no need to map andy buttons or download any drivers. I used on on viva pinata, dead rising 2, both versions of Batman on the pc and now fable 3.

Ugh man this is a rough port. They included higher res models that look okay, but the environment is pretty nasty. Lighting is awful, the highest quality shadows are the definition of basic. Their "v-sync" seems to be a ridiculous motion blur too, makes the game quite unplayable.

[quote name='loomis1975']No, not really. SSA style GFWL games are tied to the first gamertag that puts in the key. You could create an offline profile to play it separate from the main gamertag, but no achievements.[/QUOTE]

The good thing is at least at this price you could justify two copies for a household, depending on how good the co-op is.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Ugh man this is a rough port. They included higher res models that look okay, but the environment is pretty nasty. Lighting is awful, the highest quality shadows are the definition of basic. Their "v-sync" seems to be a ridiculous motion blur too, makes the game quite unplayable.[/QUOTE]
Everyone buying this needs to follow these instructions:
http://game.bramantya.org/fix-stupid-fable-3-blur/#axzz1WlzdFVNJ

[quote name='malethief']Yes this works with a wired Xbox 360 controller. All gfwl games support the wired 360 controller. You just plug in and play no need to map andy buttons or download any drivers. I used on on viva pinata, dead rising 2, both versions of Batman on the pc and now fable 3.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 seems to be the only exception to this rule.

bread's done
Back