Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 10/11/11

610925_210776_front.jpg

The newest console Rune Factory is due out September 27th, 2011 for both Wii and PS3. Anyone interested in this game? I am, but I'm unsure which platform I want it for. It's forty dollars for the Wii version, but I'm leaning towards the PS3 (improved graphics [?] and trophies). What say you, CAG?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been wanting to get into the Rune Factory series for a while now and have gotten as far as putting some of the DS installments in my virtual shopping cart, but for some reason I still don't own any of them. I think this might finally be the one, though.

I'll be getting it for PS3 myself as I don't own a Wii. Not sure if it actually has improved graphics, though... I've seen screenshots of both the Wii and PS3 versions, and I really can't tell the difference. Looks to me like the PS3 version was an afterthought even though it ended up selling better in Japan. Also, it's gonna cost you an extra 10 dollars unless you managed to find some kind of deal.

If you don't have a Move I'd make sure you don't wanna use of any of its motion controller features before you go PS3.

[quote name='Axersia']Been wanting to get into the Rune Factory series for a while now and have gotten as far as putting some of the DS installments in my virtual shopping cart, but for some reason I still don't own any of them. I think this might finally be the one, though.

I'll be getting it for PS3 myself as I don't own a Wii. Not sure if it actually has improved graphics, though... I've seen screenshots of both the Wii and PS3 versions, and I really can't tell the difference. Looks to me like the PS3 version was an afterthought even though it ended up selling better in Japan. Also, it's gonna cost you an extra 10 dollars unless you managed to find some kind of deal.

If you don't have a Move I'd make sure you don't wanna use of any of its motion controller features before you go PS3.[/QUOTE]

Oh? I thought they were both forty! I'll fix that! Thanks!

I enjoyed Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii a lot, so yeah I'm probably gonna get this.

I'd get this for the PS3 however. If I'm going to play a game for 40+ hours, I'll pay the extra $10 for HD resolutions! No question.

The release date's been changed to October 31, 2011.

Just got an email from Amazon about it, since I had this preordered with them.

So anyone else pick this up? I'm currently 67 hours in and just married James, and I must say this is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of the year (though I haven't played Dark Souls yet which should be somewhere up there as well). Honestly, I had no clue I was gonna get this addicted to the game -- last time I spent this much time on a single playthrough was Dragon Quest VIII way back when. I guess there just haven't been any games that require this much of a time investment since then.

I think the game is pretty much over for me now, though. All that's really left to do is have a child, but I hear that takes like 3 seasons or something so that's gonna involve lot of day-skipping (no way am I playing out those days in full like I did during the main story). Eh, maybe I'll try it anyway as I've never even come close to this point in a Harvest Moon game before, so I really shouldn't pass up the chance.

Oh, it took me 59 hours to beat the main story btw, and another hour or two to get the option to continue the game as Sonja (this is also when the friendship meter turns into a love meter for the opposite sex) -- though you could get the option virtually immediately if you have all bachelors and bachelorettes (yes, both) at 6 friend points, so keep that in mind if you're just starting out and have any intention of playing past the ending.

bread's done
Back