Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3/XBOX360) $24.99 at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

The SE case is gorgeous if you're into that kinda stuff. The Marvel Online membership code is expired though. But the SE will have the DLC codes for Jill and Shuma Gorath, which transfer over to Ultimate.

For those wanting to get some games in on XBL, shoot me a invite.

#32 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Parents should teach their kids how and when to properly cuss rather than try to keep it from them and then when they hear a cuss word when they're 10, they constantly repeat it. They're just words.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#33 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

Worth it IMO, if only to have some time to practice before Ultimate comes out. Once that drops, EVERYONE who had vanilla will probably be playing the new characters, so playing online might get a little boring for folks hoping to spar against the rest of the roster.

The game, as is, is worth the money I spent when I bought it launch day.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#34 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Parents should teach their kids how and when to properly cuss rather than try to keep it from them and then when they hear a cuss word when they're 10, they constantly repeat it. They're just words.

Clearly not a parent. I don't think my 4 year old can possibly comprehend how and when to curse. If you ask him to say the naughtiest thing he can think of he will say something like "bum" or "tinkle". After seeing that this game is rated T I'm not going to pick this up. I wish they made a Super Hero Squad version of MvC or something. I think SFIV is rated T too but there isn't anything objectionable in there, IMO (no guns, etc.). Oh well.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#35 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

Might wanna stick to Smash Bros then.

#36 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Clearly not a parent. I don't think my 4 year old can possibly comprehend how and when to curse. If you ask him to say the naughtiest thing he can think of he will say something like "bum" or "tinkle". After seeing that this game is rated T I'm not going to pick this up. I wish they made a Super Hero Squad version of MvC or something. I think SFIV is rated T too but there isn't anything objectionable in there, IMO (no guns, etc.). Oh well.

So who cares if he hears the word ass? Like you said, he won't be able to comprehend it.

I just think it's funny that you are against having your kid hear cuss words but are okay with buying a game that promotes violence.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#37 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

Might wanna stick to Smash Bros then.

Yup.

So who cares if he hears the word ass? Like you said, he won't be able to comprehend it.

I just think it's funny that you are against having your kid hear cuss words but are okay with buying a game that promotes violence.

It is funny I guess. Just about every cartoon he watches has some small level of violence but the language is completely sanitized... I guess it is just the way it is. I mean I watched Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes growing up and those were violent as can be. He knows not to hit people in real life and even though I think I could get him to not swear if he knew how, it's really not something I want to get into. When he is playing Street Fighter 4 he just calls it "getting him on the ground" when he knocks someone out. It's the same thing when we play ("I'm going to get you on the ground daddy.").

I don't know - there's no rational reason for it when you step back and think about it. Why is it OK to show insane violence in PG-13 movies but if a tit pops out it becomes R? It makes no sense.

#38 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

SSF4 has Cammy's (nearly bare) ass.

Stick to Super Hero Squad games then, glad you are at least thinking about following ESRB. I teach and there are elementary school kids playing Splatterhouse and Devil May Cry left and right, let alone CoD and Halo.

#39 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

SSF4 has Cammy's (nearly bare) ass.

Stick to Super Hero Squad games then, glad you are at least thinking about following ESRB. I teach and there are elementary school kids playing Splatterhouse and Devil May Cry left and right, let alone CoD and Halo.

I definitely follow the ESRB to a point. I will absolutely have to play something first before he does and I do not under any circumstances play an "inappropriate" game in front of him (basically anything rated T or higher). I let him play E and E10 games for the most part. It's a judgment call on some games though. For example, I think Lego Star Wars is OK even though there is violence and even a few guns however I wouldn't let him play something with similar content but depicted in a more realistic setting (like Arkham Asylum or "Adults Batman" as he calls it).

I care way more about exposing him to violence than I do to Cammy's ass. I don't want him to grow up thinking that nudity is something to be ashamed of (like me and most everyone I know has been raised). I will tell it to him straight no matter what weird conversations we end up having. So a big thumbs up to Cammy's ass!

#40 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

I care way more about exposing him to violence than I do to Cammy's ass. I don't want him to grow up thinking that nudity is something to be ashamed of (like me and most everyone I know has been raised). I will tell it to him straight no matter what weird conversations we end up having. So a big thumbs up to Cammy's ass!

I like you, Lionel Hutz. You're a good dad.

#41 GQAzndood

GQAzndood

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

The west aka United States has been sheltered from nudity and we've all been programmed that we should be ashamed of nudity and such. Violence yes is a big factor and perhaps to some, sex might be an issue as well but when it comes down to it. Have you educated your child in the difference of what's right and wrong and the result of doing wrong things? My mom would not let me play Duke Nukem 3D when I was 12 but she let me go with my dad to Terminator 2. WTF. First few minutes of the movie is the governator bare ass and she wouldn't let me play Duke Nukem? Haha. I think about it now and it's hilarious. But in my opinion yes there are some games that are "too real" for some. For example, I would let my kid play Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom but I would be hesitant to let them play Mortal Kombat. There's lots of gray area here but I think to each his own.

Wow. Talk about way off topic. I can't wait for Ultimate!
Dress Sharp. Live Smart. Game On.
Posted Image
Posted Image