$9.99-$14.99 3DS Games at Amazon

It's a turn-based strategy game. It's like Advance Wars... just nowhere near as advanced.

Definitely more realistic though. It's one of the few good 3DS games. The other ones being Zelda, SFIV, DOA and Ridge Racer.

[quote name='DRV']It's a turn-based strategy game. It's like Advance Wars... just nowhere near as advanced.

Definitely more realistic though. It's one of the few good 3DS games. The other ones being Zelda, SFIV, DOA and Ridge Racer.[/QUOTE]

I would say it's more like Fire Emblem but if any of your characters dies you fail the mission and have to start over. A MUST HAVE at that price. Really tempted to pick up SSFIV 3D but I have too many fighting games for my 360 already...

EDIT: Monkey Ball got a 7.5 from IGN and I loved the first one for the GC so I may pick that up.

[quote name='Coltin']Ghost Recon is tempting. Isn't it like advance wars?[/QUOTE]
it is AWESOME. to comfort you it was made by the team that made the original Xcom. it was devloped for the DS until the last few months before release, so the graphics aren't the best, but it is well worth the $36 i paid. if you like any strategy rpgs & like modern warfare era setting (NOT the game), then it is a must buy, imho!

[quote name='Uso']Buy the Dinosaur game and flip back to Amazon for 33.3% profit[/QUOTE]
my luck, i wouldn't get it in time to mail it in. great idea, though.

[quote name='Uso']Buy the Dinosaur game and flip back to Amazon for 33.3% profit[/QUOTE]
i can't find anything good for 15$ so i can get FSSS on it (has to be something i want cuz flipping is the only reason i'd buy this, lol)!

[quote name='twztid13']it is AWESOME. to comfort you it was made by the team that made the original Xcom. it was devloped for the DS until the last few months before release, so the graphics aren't the best, but it is well worth the $36 i paid. if you like any strategy rpgs & like modern warfare era setting (NOT the game), then it is a must buy, imho![/QUOTE]

I'm convinced! Thanks!

I loved Shadow Wars. I picked it up when Target had it on sale and put a good 35 hours into it. The story isn't the greatest, but you will have so much fun playing through the maps and leveling up your characters that you will forgive any of the minor flaws like that. If you like turned based tactical games it is a must buy.

I'm tempted to grab Monkey Ball. I haven't played one since the Gamecube and the price seems right.

[quote name='Coltin']Ghost Recon is tempting. Isn't it like advance wars?[/QUOTE]

IIRC the game was designed by the same person who did the original X-com.

[quote name='laseractive']
I'm tempted to grab Monkey Ball. I haven't played one since the Gamecube and the price seems right.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it! The game itself is not terrible by any means, but I finished all of the levels in 1hr 30min. And that includes dying a number of times on a few levels too. The mini games are not worth playing either, so you are not left with much to do. It is fun while it lasts, but sadly it ends way too quickly. Pick up the DS version instead. A lot more mini games to play through (some that are actually pretty fun) and better level design.

The only cheap ones I don't have are Combat of Giants and Asphalt 3D, I don't have Pro Evolution soccer but that's out of my price range.

Does anybody know if Asphalt 3D is any good?

Grabbed Shadow Wars for free with Zelda credit. Also got upgraded to free one day shipping. Thanks Cheapy! Not bad considering that Zelda was purchased for $15 with credit from the 3DS after I convinced Amazon customer service to apply my credit to that. The gift that keeps on giving.

[quote name='naruto98']Asphalt is tempting but I have heard horrendous things about it so I may reconsider.[/QUOTE]

I had the first one from when the original DS came out and I thought it was ok, for $15 it's a maybe but I think I might wait it out.

monkey ball is ok at that price but just a heads up, it takes about 2 hours to beat the entire game , i wish it was monkey ball 2 :(

[quote name='twztid13']my luck, i wouldn't get it in time to mail it in. great idea, though.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Going for $12 trade-in now. Finally use my $20 Zelda credit and get $24 Amazon.

I have had my 3DS for close to a month now and still have yet to play a game on it. None of these sound appealing either.

Shadow Wars is great. I'm a big Advnace Wars/Fire Emblem fan and love Shadow Wars. It is closer to Fire Emblem as you don't buy units. I really like the customization and leveling up of the characters. It's not very complicated but it adds a bit of depth to the game.

I am doing just that. The shipping label has an error right now, though, not sure what's up with it.

Also, Asphalt 3D is down to $14.58 now.

[quote name='skiizim']The only cheap ones I don't have are Combat of Giants and Asphalt 3D, I don't have Pro Evolution soccer but that's out of my price range.

Does anybody know if Asphalt 3D is any good?[/QUOTE]

I played both Asphalt and Ridge Racer and, although neither were very good, I definitely enjoyed Asphalt more. I know that goes against almost every review but I really did prefer Asphalt in every way.

Should also note that the TIV for the Dinosaur game is $12 at Best Buy. If you preorder a game you get another 40%... so you spend $10 to put $16.80 towards an upcoming game. Not too much, but every bit helps considering 3DS games are $40, and Star Fox comes out this week. :)

[quote name='super_dawn']i still haven't used my credit from zelda...might pick up ghost recon[/QUOTE]

I used mine the Nintendo dogs and cats game when it was 19.99

Free 1st party game. Not sure it's any good though.

I highly recommend Ghost Recon at that price. I got it at launch and don't regret it. Easily my favorite game on the 3DS not counting ports. As others have said, it's like a mix of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. You have a small squad though with no unit factories, and the level setups are really well balanced.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Anyone looking to get Shadow Wars remember that TRU is having B1G150% off on $19.99 games. Shadow Wars shows up on their website as $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Good call.

[quote name='biledriver']I played both Asphalt and Ridge Racer and, although neither were very good, I definitely enjoyed Asphalt more. I know that goes against almost every review but I really did prefer Asphalt in every way.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd go quite that far but Asphalt definitely surprised me and is a lot more fun than most of the reviews let on... I'd say $10-$15 is a sure thing if you're a racing fan.

Picked up Street Fighter for 20.99 from Amazon Warehouse. Says it includes case, art and manual. Wish I could afford to pick up Ghost Recon after that recommendation, but what with Gears coming...

[quote name='unopepito06']Picked up Street Fighter for 20.99 from Amazon Warehouse. Says it includes case, art and manual. Wish I could afford to pick up Ghost Recon after that recommendation, but what with Gears coming...[/QUOTE]

Must get ghost recon. It's perfect to play before you go to bed at night. That's what I did

[quote name='strait edge follower']Must get ghost recon. It's perfect to play before you go to bed at night. That's what I did[/QUOTE]

Same here...I've been playing at least one mission a night before bed. Great game.

Look's like it's gonna be $20 + $5 GC at Toys R Us for the week of the 11th. Definitely a better deal for folks who still get charged tax from amazon (like me) :)

Thanks cheapy, but I paid $17 for those at the Target sale and still haven't opened them. :shame:

And I WON'T be dishonest and take them to Wal*Mart.

bread's done
Back