• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 EverNight

EverNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

I think this is a good deal, though personally I'm going to wait just in case this gets an Ultimate Edition.

#2 forweg

forweg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Cool, but I picked it up for a slightly better price last night.

#3 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

cool, but i picked it up for a slightly better price last night.

$0.01? :p

#4 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

i would bite for $14.99

#5 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

I've read it looks the best on the PC. Haven't bought the game but if I do it will be for the PC. Good price though.

#6 mrg

mrg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Not a surprising price as it has been this price at Family Video for a month. I agree, not a penny over $14.99.
Gaming is a great stress reliever. It better be for all the darn frustration it creates.

#7 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

$0.01? :p

What's with all these posts talking about picking up things for .01 yesterday? What did I miss out on?
Posted Image

#8 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

What's with all these posts talking about picking up things for .01 yesterday? What did I miss out on?

I'm wondering that one too.

#9 EverNight

EverNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I've read it looks the best on the PC. Haven't bought the game but if I do it will be for the PC. Good price though.

There are some games worth playing on PC for the graphics...Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls for example...but DA2 isn't one of them. It really isn't much of an improvement on PC.

I'd make your decision based on which control scheme you prefer.

#10 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I'm wondering that one too.

You guys missed on some pretty good games (bulletstorm, black ops, reach, etc) being sold for one penny by Amazon Warehouse deals. Some people already got theirs shipped.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#11 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Yesterday, Amazon Warehouse deals had some glitches where many games were $0.01 with Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, like Dragon Age II, Black Ops, LA Noire, etc.. People hoarded and bought a whole bunch, but many orders have been cancelled. The rest will probably be cancelled within a few days.
Posted Image

#12 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

and its still not a good deal because its a shit game...

just my opinion dont rage too hard about it.
Posted Image

#13 naruto98

naruto98

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

I'm jumping on it. Fuck it I've wanted to play it for awhile.

#14 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

i would bite for $14.99

it was this price back in June using the $20 off @gamer mag coupons & has been $20 @ PC Richard for some time too
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295569

#15 media_wonder

media_wonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

and its still not a good deal because its a shit game...

just my opinion dont rage too hard about it.

A "shit" game was ET for the Atari
Posted Image

#16 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Damn is it that bad?? I still have my signature edition unopened. I played the demo and I actually enjoyed its simplicity..

ME2 is much less complicated than ME1 in my opinion but yet its still a good game.
Is DA2 like that? What's "really" wrong with it?

#17 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

When would the Ultimate Edition come out? March 2012?

The dlc is probably trash like the first game's dlc, but I still want it, just in case. Then I'd have to wait until the ultimate edition drops to maybe $20-$25, which will be a while after the ultimate edition comes out, and maybe it's not worth it. Maybe it'll be $10 on Black Friday.

#18 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.

Edit: Wasn't AWD, my bad. Still probably better off buying it used.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM.

~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#19 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Cause AWD is offering it for $14, I think. Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.

Lul then I guess you will be waiting for a while since it's been over 6 months and we've barely seen any DLC whereas DA:O had that whole cluster.

#20 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Lul then I guess you will be waiting for a while since it's been over 6 months and we've barely seen any DLC whereas DA:O had that whole cluster.

Well, I've waited longer for Complete Editions before (I'm looking at you RDR!). Also, I just heard that this game doesn't live up to its predecessor.

#21 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

There's no filler $10 for DA2, right? Either way, I'm just going to wait for the SuperUltimateAllDLCEver edition.

Edit: Wasn't AWD, my bad. Still probably better off buying it used.

Are you asking if there's an online pass type thing? There is. It's not good, but at the same time... it's kinda the best thing about DA2. It's just some little bonus store with random, not particularly useful stuff you can buy. But it's got a way to respec characters. And change your appearance. And a bunch of weird little flavor stories that are more interesting than anything else in the game.

Also all the DLC for this game has been awful, there's no reason to pay for it in a collector's edition or w/e.

#22 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Are you asking if there's an online pass type thing? There is. It's not good, but at the same time... it's kinda the best thing about DA2. It's just some little bonus store with random, not particularly useful stuff you can buy. But it's got a way to respec characters. And change your appearance. And a bunch of weird little flavor stories that are more interesting than anything else in the game.

Also all the DLC for this game has been awful, there's no reason to pay for it in a collector's edition or w/e.

That's what I meant, thank you. Filler $10 = Some one-time redeemable bonus offered with new copies, usually sold separately for $10. I'm probably the only one who uses that terminology though.

Is that online pass offered separately? And the heads-up about the DLC is nice, but I'll give the game a year of being out and then assume all the DLC is out. I'm in no hurry.

#23 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Considering Dragon age 3 is in development, I think it's safe to assume that there will be no more DLC for DA: 2.

#24 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

once Skyrim comes out, everyting DA should drop across the board.

#25 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Considering Dragon age 3 is in development, I think it's safe to assume that there will be no more DLC for DA: 2.

That's not necessarily true since DA:O had DLC come out while DA2 was in development

#26 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

once Skyrim comes out, everyting DA should drop across the board.

I agree. RPG's nowadays always have those GOTY edition and complete edition. I'll wait for those. I know this is off topic, but that's what I'm going to do when Borderlands 2 come out. Just my opinion.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#27 nathos

nathos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

:-#

I agree. RPG's nowadays always have those GOTY edition and complete edition. I'll wait for those. I know this is off topic, but that's what I'm going to do when Borderlands 2 come out. Just my opinion.

Mass Effect 2 hasn't gotten a GOTY edition yet (and may not at this point).

#28 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

I too keep waiting for a GOTY edition for ME2. It really needs one since the DLC is basically story cannon and important for ME3

Honestly crap like that pisses me off. I dont mind side story extra DLC stuff, but if your going to make DLC thats critical to the plot of the game, and will be important in the upcoming sequal, then thats just BS. Thats the kinda stuff that should be in the actual retail game. Bioware has gone way downhill since they got bought by EA

As for this game.. dunno. I never beat 1 because they never patched the damn game. It had some crippling bugs that never got patched for the console version (like the dex bug) so I just gave up partway through. Never gave the 2nd game a chance because of that. Does this game actually work right? Or is it a mess like the first game was?

Even if its a decent game, im not sure if i want it now or want a DLC packed game since i've waited so long

#29 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

totally understandable, though some games I prefer to play on or around release mainly because if a bunch of my friends are going to get Skyrim day 1, I rather not hear them gushing about how great the game is until the GOTY version finally comes out...in which they will probably be playing somethine else. If I keep waiting to get GOTY versions of everything, I'll probably save a couple bucks but forfeit the opportunity to play with my actual friends online.

I don't think I'll get DA2, I haven't finished all the DLC on DA:O yet.

#30 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Isn't the PS3 version a glorified/prettier GotY edition? I kind of always figured that was why this never happened. ME1 didn't really get one either (unless you're counting the PH version coming with one bit of DLC).

I do wholeheartedly agree with story-necessary DLC being cut out being a pain in the ass, but I guess it's hard to make the DLC have a good story/relevant otherwise.

DA3 already? They either had high sale estimates/hopes for this game, or there wasn't much put into this game to begin with.

I also have not finished DA: O, so much content.