Dragon Age II (PS3/360) $19.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

I also have not finished DA: O, so much content.

What!?!?!? Blasphemy!

That's what I meant, thank you. Filler $10 = Some one-time redeemable bonus offered with new copies, usually sold separately for $10. I'm probably the only one who uses that terminology though.

If you like to make your own character and not use the iconic character the mirror that lets you alter your character's appearance is nice... I used it a hell of a lot and hope a similar feature finds its way into ME3. (Also the bonus store has some nice items in it but like others have said... None of its needed so a used game buyer likely doesn't need to pick it up... but with the price of new being so low I know I would just get it new.)

As for the game being shitty or crappy... Please, people, lets not devalue those words as there are games that do deserve them... but not DAII. DAII is simply a major disappointment but its still one of the better RPGs released in the last few years.

That said I only have the DLC that shipped with my copy... I have no real desire to support a game that reused so many environments it could only be seen as a running joke. (Honesty, I kept waiting for Hawke to mutter, "Haven't we already been here?" only to hear a funny retort from Varric...)

Truth be told, Varric, one of your companions, might be worth 20 bucks by himself... He's one of Bioware's best NPC companions.

Is that online pass offered separately?

It is, or at least it's on the XBL marketplace but I don't see why it wouldn't be elsewhere, and its titled 'The Black Emporium'

#32 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

It is, or at least it's on the XBL marketplace but I don't see why it wouldn't be elsewhere, and its titled 'The Black Emporium'

Lol. I am indeed a blasphemer. Also, that's what I figured. ^ It's 800 points, as expected.

I never called it crappy, you know, and more games need 4th wall jokes like that in the face of their less-polished aspects.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#33 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

I never called it crappy, you know, and more games need 4th wall jokes like that in the face of their less-polished aspects.

No you didn't. Sorry, I should have put that part of the post elsewhere as others did...

As for the reused environments and forth wall jokes I don't think Bioware realized just how badly people would react to it... or maybe they did and realized the jokes would likely have only alienated more. (and I get that. The reuse was horrible and made no sense what so ever... It wasn't like ME1* where one could reason, and justifiably so, that the man made objects that were design to keep man alive in environments that should have been fatal would be mass produced and standardized.)

* Note: ME1 had a cave patten that was repeated a bit... but DAII had a cave pattern that repeated 40 plus times in the game. Ridiculous.

#34 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

Isn't the PS3 version a glorified/prettier GotY edition? I kind of always figured that was why this never happened. ME1 didn't really get one either (unless you're counting the PH version coming with one bit of DLC).

Except the ps3 version doesn't have the save import from ME1... so that doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes no sense to buy the ps3 version if you have a 360 or pc because you should play ME1 first (makes ME2 significantly better), and if you played ME1, why wouldn't you buy ME2 for the same system for the save import?

In all honesty, I don't care if they give ME3 for ps3 out for $5 at launch, I'd rather buy the 360 version for $40 (after $20 credit hopefully)

#35 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

Considering Dragon age 3 is in development, I think it's safe to assume that there will be no more DLC for DA: 2.

There is still at least one more major story DLC in the works, possibly more, according to Q&A's that Fernando Melo (senior producer of DA2) did last month during GamesCom and PAX Prime. Since they're trying to make these story dlcs more substantial than anything they released for DA:O, they're taking their time and filling in the downtime with fluff like item pack dlcs... One of those got released about a couple of weeks ago :roll: