Walmart.com Donkey Kong Country Returns for $24.96 + free store pickup

Amazon price seems to be inching downwards (down to 32 now), but $25 is lowest I've seen so far. Hoping to pick it up at $20 after tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
a fantastic wii game. a great platformer with the talented Retro team holdin' it down! if you are at all doubtfull of the game, read gamespot's review. Tomk McShea LOVES platormers & knows his stuff. everywhere gave it a good review though, lol. don't see it going lower unless it becomes a player's choice or whatever. grap it!

just curious: is this one of those nintendo games that pretty much stays at around 50 bucks forever? I.e. brawl and stuff like that? I noticed a lot of first party games seem locked in price forever for some idiotic reason

is this one of them? If so i may get it at this price

Wow, I just ordered both DKCR and Kirby's Epic Yarn in like new used condish via AWD for the same prices basically last night. Definitely going to cancel that order and swing on by the Walmart up the road, new copies and Nintendo Club points for the win! Thanks OP.

[quote name='Kenshindono']just curious: is this one of those nintendo games that pretty much stays at around 50 bucks forever? I.e. brawl and stuff like that? I noticed a lot of first party games seem locked in price forever for some idiotic reason

is this one of them? If so i may get it at this price[/QUOTE]

I don't expect its MSRP will go down any time soon, considering the Nintendo Selects program only just now got around to putting Super Mario Galaxy 1 and other old first party games at a lower price. Who knows though, with the recent Wii MSRP drop and upcoming holiday season.

You guys want to "tell amazon about a lower price?" I would appreciate it, thanks!

would save on shipping/don't have to waste gas (no walmarts by me).

Just bought this two weeks ago for $35... since when do Nintendo prices plummet like this? (Not complaining... totally worth the $35).

Whatever happened to that "all video games ship free" thing at walmart? I thought that was a new policy, but I guess it was just a limited time thing.

Very conflicted on buying this. I can see it either staying near msrp if they stop printing this, or I can see it drop to sub $20 everywhere pretty soon, not counting a selects release that may or may not happen.... If you are a non-selects box kind of person, then I guess this is a great time to get it for peace of mind.

Great price on one of the best 2D platformers this generation. Literally EVERY level throws something completely new your way. Yes, I miss the Kremlings, and yes, shaking the wiimote to roll takes some getting used to, but this game is FANTASTIC and I highly recommend it to any platforming enthusiasts.

This is probably one of the few times I have to say no to a deal like this because I love 2D Platformers and have been eying this game for months.

Then again I am buying 3 games on Tuesday. This could wait :lol:

I've been waiting for this game to drop in price. I have a huge backlog of games and I tried to resist........needless to say, went to Best buy and price matched.

Just picked up my copies, and while the store itself was a total mess of people scrambling to shop before Labor Day, the site-to-store area was calm and the process took no more than 5 minutes, in and out for both DK and Kirby. Didn't even have to print my confirmation email--just gave the associate my ID. Thanks a lot OP.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Quick question if i get this, can i use a gamecube or classic controller, or is it wiimote?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand the game's only major downfall is that it requires you use the Wiimote, or Wiimote with nunchuk. You have to shake the controller to make DK roll, which sucks. If your Wii is modded you may be able to work around it.

I paid around $26 on this several months back. My girlfriend and I split the cost, and it's definitely worth it. Still haven't finished it though.

[quote name='bsmiff']From what I understand the game's only major downfall is that it requires you use the Wiimote, or Wiimote with nunchuk. You have to shake the controller to make DK roll, which sucks. If your Wii is modded you may be able to work around it.[/QUOTE]

really? you cant use the classic controller at all? You sure? =( i'll probably wait to see if amazon pm's by tomorow if not i may do site to store pickup

[quote name='Kenshindono']really? you cant use the classic controller at all? You sure? =( i'll probably wait to see if amazon pm's by tomorow if not i may do site to store pickup[/QUOTE]

I'm sure, bummer right? The back of the box only shows the Wiimote and Nunchuk icons.

[quote name='bsmiff']From what I understand the game's only major downfall is that it requires you use the Wiimote, or Wiimote with nunchuk. You have to shake the controller to make DK roll, which sucks. If your Wii is modded you may be able to work around it.[/QUOTE]

You can't use a Wavebird AND you have to waggle? I'm out, crap!

[quote name='Nohbdy']Stop whining about the waggle. It's perfectly responsive.[/QUOTE]

Still haven't played my copy, but yeah, the gameplay and level design looks excellent. I'm not gonna let the waggle ruin it for me.

Its a fun game, worth the 25 especially if you have kids. If you cant beat a certain level it will allow you to skip if you fail like 5 times, so the kids dont have to have you beat it for them. And if your an advance gamer, it allows you to replay the levels and gives you obkective to get if you want to complete beat the game.

meh waited too long. Out of stock at my store now. It seems to say i can ship to store. Guess i'll do that and just cancel it when it comes in if amazon PM's. Really sucks about the controller. I dont know why Nintendo insists on forcing people to use shitty waggle garbage for classic style games. Why even have the classic controller or GC controller compatibility if you never use them

*edit* stupid tax. adds 2.14 to the price. I hope amazon PM's. Our tax is too god damn high here

Question. How long does it take for wal mart to get a store pickup after you select it via the website? I was thinking about it today and I figure this game wont get much cheaper. I am going to get Disgaea 4 tomorrow so might as well take another stop into Wal Mart. Going to be at Wal Mart like 11 AM, so I was curious if I can do it overnight.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Question. How long does it take for wal mart to get a store pickup after you select it via the website? I was thinking about it today and I figure this game wont get much cheaper. I am going to get Disgaea 4 tomorrow so might as well take another stop into Wal Mart. Going to be at Wal Mart like 11 AM, so I was curious if I can do it overnight.[/QUOTE]

My order for Kirby and DKCR took about 45 mins before it was ready and I got my pickup email. They estimate it to take 4 hours or less unless you order after a certain time at night.

However, I did the same order process today for the Flingsmash controller bundle through a different Walmart and they never marked my order as ready. I went in 4.5 hours later and asked for it, and it was ready. YMMV

[quote name='bsmiff']My order for Kirby and DKCR took about 45 mins before it was ready and I got my pickup email. They estimate it to take 4 hours or less unless you order after a certain time at night.

However, I did the same order process today for the Flingsmash controller bundle through a different Walmart and they never marked my order as ready. I went in 4.5 hours later and asked for it, and it was ready. YMMV[/QUOTE]Ok I will order it before midnight and then hit the store tomorrow at around 11 ish when I go to pick up Disgaea 4 at BB.

Looks like amazon partially matched this to $27.23. Must be figuring that everybody pays tax at walmart, or else $1.97 shipping to home.

yeah Amazon price for this game has been dropping, even before this deal, so I'm hoping it will eventually get to $20.

You have to wonder if this isn't an indication that DKCR will become a Nintendo Selects title for $20 soon. I think I'll just wait for that.

I, like others, wish this game was able to be played with a classic controller etc. Something really bothers me about wiimote + nunchuck together, like you're holding the two pieces of a broken controller in your hands. Still a great game, but a control oversight for sure.

bread's done
Back