Walmart.com Donkey Kong Country Returns for $24.96 + free store pickup

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Question. How long does it take for wal mart to get a store pickup after you select it via the website? I was thinking about it today and I figure this game wont get much cheaper. I am going to get Disgaea 4 tomorrow so might as well take another stop into Wal Mart. Going to be at Wal Mart like 11 AM, so I was curious if I can do it overnight.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#32 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Question. How long does it take for wal mart to get a store pickup after you select it via the website? I was thinking about it today and I figure this game wont get much cheaper. I am going to get Disgaea 4 tomorrow so might as well take another stop into Wal Mart. Going to be at Wal Mart like 11 AM, so I was curious if I can do it overnight.

My order for Kirby and DKCR took about 45 mins before it was ready and I got my pickup email. They estimate it to take 4 hours or less unless you order after a certain time at night.

However, I did the same order process today for the Flingsmash controller bundle through a different Walmart and they never marked my order as ready. I went in 4.5 hours later and asked for it, and it was ready. YMMV

#33 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

My order for Kirby and DKCR took about 45 mins before it was ready and I got my pickup email. They estimate it to take 4 hours or less unless you order after a certain time at night.

However, I did the same order process today for the Flingsmash controller bundle through a different Walmart and they never marked my order as ready. I went in 4.5 hours later and asked for it, and it was ready. YMMV

Ok I will order it before midnight and then hit the store tomorrow at around 11 ish when I go to pick up Disgaea 4 at BB.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#34 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Looks like amazon partially matched this to $27.23. Must be figuring that everybody pays tax at walmart, or else $1.97 shipping to home.

#35 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

yeah Amazon price for this game has been dropping, even before this deal, so I'm hoping it will eventually get to $20.

#36 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

This game only made me go back and play Donkey Kong Country 3. Perhaps I'll go back and finish it sometime.

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

You have to wonder if this isn't an indication that DKCR will become a Nintendo Selects title for $20 soon. I think I'll just wait for that.

#38 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

I, like others, wish this game was able to be played with a classic controller etc. Something really bothers me about wiimote + nunchuck together, like you're holding the two pieces of a broken controller in your hands. Still a great game, but a control oversight for sure.
www.bighugenerd.com

#39 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

$27.34 at amazon, comes close to the price with shipping from walmart, but less if you add in tax.